PDA

View Full Version : Pat Kirwan's latest mock has us taking...

T-Long
03-09-2010, 09:44 PM
9. Buffalo Bills
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

The Bills have lots of needs, especially at offensive tackle, but they can't really build a 3-4 defense without a nose tackle. Williams is very quick for a 327-pound guy.

I can't really disagree with him knowing we don't know who's going to play the NT, and based on what other teams are doing to try to keep their own NT's.

But I would hate to pass on Trent Williams or Rolando McLain who are available here with the way his mock plays out.

What do you guys think?

Kirwan's Mock 2.0 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816d8732&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

scartown
03-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I would be fine with this pick. It may be a little early for him but I don't see him getting passed the Dolphins at 12.

HAMMER
03-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Best LT or NT on the board is the right move.

SirMcGee
03-09-2010, 10:13 PM
If we take Dan Williams that high, it would be just as bad as the Whitner pick.

Goobylal
03-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I would be fine with this pick. It may be a little early for him but I don't see him getting passed the Dolphins at 12.
Yeah. The Dols desperately need a NT but don't need a LT.

TigerJ
03-09-2010, 10:34 PM
While I like Rolando McClain, I think linebackers for the 3-4 are a little easier to find than nose tackles. I'd be OK with either Trent Williams or Dan Williams.

mrbojanglezs
03-09-2010, 10:45 PM
build the trenches in the first 2 rounds

Don't Panic
03-10-2010, 07:10 AM
I am really starting to think NT > LT, especially if Bulaga, Davis and Okung are off the board. We need to pay close attention to Williams, because he is the only candidate for the pick. We may have to reach a bit to get him, but it fills our biggest need, both literally and figuratively.

patmoran2006
03-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Dan Williams has growing sentiment with this pick.

This is why I hate mocks this early though, because it depends on what we do in Free Agency.

We will use Kyle Williams in some looks reportedly, so it all comes down to if we sign a NT before the draft to rotate in and out. For example, if we were to sign Kemoeatu.

But then again, I doubt we sign anyone important so it could be Williams at #9

JCBills
03-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Dan Williams has growing sentiment with this pick.

This is why I hate mocks this early though, because it depends on what we do in Free Agency.

We will use Kyle Williams in some looks reportedly, so it all comes down to if we sign a NT before the draft to rotate in and out. For example, if we were to sign Kemoeatu.

But then again, I doubt we sign anyone important so it could be Williams at #9

The Jets GM was talking about how he expects Kerry Rhodes to be a big part of his team "for this season and beyond", yet Rhodes was dealt the next day.

DesertFox24
03-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Dan Williams has the chance to be as much of a game changer as Vince Wilfork is. The guy is going to be a stud and in normal drafts is the best DT in the draft. To get this guy at 9 would make me feel a lot better about our DL and he will free up Poz and the other LBs to flow to the ball freely.

This could be a need meets best player available in my opinion because Dan Williams is so good, and he can get even bigger.

Ed
03-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I know they weren't significant signings, but didn't we pick up a couple big young NT's recently? It sounded like they had some potential. Any chance we roll the dice with what we already have at NT?

WeAreArthurMoates
03-10-2010, 10:56 AM
I'd like Williams a lot but I still feel we can get a good, impact NT in the 2nd. I don't think we can get a starting LT though and that's why I want Trent Williams.

DesertFox24
03-10-2010, 10:57 AM
yes we did pick up some guys that need some coaching and time, but Dan Williams is going to be a stud in the league and is perfect for this team and will solve the hardest thing to find in a 34 Defense.

This draft is loaded with 34 OLBs and 34 DEs and if thats all we draft, with one QB, and a OL then I am happy.

Dan Williams
TIm Tebow (just accept it like I have, I hated that guy at UF but he will be our second round pick if on the board).
DEs and OLB the other 7 picks.

psubills62
03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't be upset with that pick. At this point I'd rather have an LT at #9, but it's hard to argue that NT isn't a bigger need.

Ed
03-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd like Williams a lot but I still feel we can get a good, impact NT in the 2nd. I don't think we can get a starting LT though and that's why I want Trent Williams.
What about Dan Williams in the first and OT Veldeer in the 2nd? I think both could start for us right away.

DraftBoy
03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Not a bad pick, I think he has Odrick too high, but overall its a very good mock, imo.

Bill Cody
03-10-2010, 12:44 PM
If we pick Williams at 9 I will puke. Once, just once I'd like to see the Bills not reach in the first round. At least we wouldn't be reaching for a safety but we could probably trade down at least 10 slots and still take Williams. Which would be fine by me if Bradford and Bulaga are gone. This is a deep draft and we have more holes than Swiss cheese. For God's sake let's not reach for a guy Scott Wright has going 30th.

B-DON
03-10-2010, 01:29 PM
If we pick Williams at 9 I will puke. Once, just once I'd like to see the Bills not reach in the first round. At least we wouldn't be reaching for a safety but we could probably trade down at least 10 slots and still take Williams. Which would be fine by me if Bradford and Bulaga are gone. This is a deep draft and we have more holes than Swiss cheese. For God's sake let's not reach for a guy Scott Wright has going 30th.

oh no scott wright has williams at 30, we better listen to him

Bill Cody
03-10-2010, 01:33 PM
oh no scott wright has williams at 30, we better listen to him

Whatever dude. I've read his site for a decade and he's good. His mocks and ratings are pretty damn accurate year in and year out. If he had run our drafts we wouldn't be in the sorry state we're in.

B-DON
03-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Whatever dude. I've read his site for a decade and he's good. His mocks and ratings are pretty damn accurate year in and year out. If he had run our drafts we wouldn't be in the sorry state we're in.

half this board couldve drafted better than the bills have the past decade. that's not saying much

Bill Cody
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
half this board couldve drafted better than the bills have the past decade. that's not saying much

A chimp with a draft guide a box of darts could've. But that's not my point, obviously.