Spiller and McCoy Nix's next LD and Brees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Spiller and McCoy Nix's next LD and Brees?

What do you think? I really hadn't thought of this scenario until the private workout for Spiller thread, but it could mirror what they did in SD with LD and Brees.

I know that a lot of people are down on Colt McCoy, but the one thing that he does have is excellent accuracy. If Nix determines that his arm strength is on par with Brees, I could see him as our first pick in the second round.

Let him sit for a year until we get our LT straightened out and maybe we have something.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Spiller and McCoy Nix's next LD and Brees?

Spiller is one of the best players in the draft imo. Im not high on Mccoy, but id take him over Tebow any dang day

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Id also entertain taking Spiller in the first, trading next years 1st to get back in the first to get a LT and then going QB in the second

Comment

• ptd86
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
        Id also entertain taking Spiller in the first, trading next years 1st to get back in the first to get a LT and then going QB in the second

We are going to have a top 5 pick next year? Why would we ever trade our next years pick

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

just said id entertain the thought. If a good enough tackle is there, why not

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

I'd be very excited about this team if we got both of these guys. I absolutely love, love, love Spiller. I think he could very well be the next Chris Johnson. Colt McCoy, IMO, is gonna be a good pro QB. He's a winner, and I like his skill set.
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BidsJr
              What do you think? I really hadn't thought of this scenario until the private workout for Spiller thread, but it could mirror what they did in SD with LD and Brees.

I know that a lot of people are down on Colt McCoy, but the one thing that he does have is excellent accuracy. If Nix determines that his arm strength is on par with Brees, I could see him as our first pick in the second round.

Let him sit for a year until we get our LT straightened out and maybe we have something.
              Very possibly could be.

I've really been convinced that Nix will not go OL early in the draft. I think he will get his playmakers early then take OL that fit his scheme.

He wants run blocking OTs, they don't have to be superior pass blockers and to me I think both Tebow and McCoy are options for him at QB.

McCoy also has that Texas accent that Nix might not be able to pass up.

Comment

• ptd86
                • Dec 2006

Yeah I understand, just seems like something a good team could do. It would be a good draft this year, but it would suck if we end up with the first or 2nd pick next year and its not ours

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ptd86
                  Yeah I understand, just seems like something a good team could do. It would be a good draft this year, but it would suck if we end up with the first or 2nd pick next year and its not ours
                  Yea no chance I would give up next years #1. Too much potential value. If we doubt we are making the playoffs then we need to hold onto our picks.
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

That's an interesting thought - following the SD draft model from when they took LT then Brees. I still really want to see the lines and 3-4LBs addressed though.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

If they had gotten a LT and NT in FA, I'd be all for it. Drafting Spiller would mean trading Lynch I assume... if he gets you a 2nd you may still be able to get the NT (Cam Thomas). Maybe McCoy falls to the 3rd? First question to answer is does McCoy have ANY shot of being Brees-like? We'd still be thin in some places (OLB, DE, WR), but it may be worth a shot.

Still... I'd rather go NT and LT and have those covered.
                      Last edited by Don't Panic; 03-10-2010, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Carpetbagger
                        If they had gotten a LT and NT in FA, I'd be all for it. Drafting Spiller would mean trading Lynch I assume... if he gets you a 2nd you may still be able to get the NT (Cam Thomas). Maybe McCoy falls to the 3rd? First question to answer is does McCoy have ANY shot of being Brees-like? We'd still be thin in some places (OLB, DE, WR), but it may be worth a shot.

Still... I'd rather go NT and LT and have those covered.
                        I'm not sure. If we had Ted Washington and Jason Peters on our team last year would we have gotten any more wins?

IF Spiller and McCoy = LD and Brees, no way we only win 6 games last year.

Obviously McCoy would be a huge question mark, but I am warming to the thought.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

I haven't seen the Bills show any interest in McCoy.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

I thought the knock on McCoy was no arm strength? That wont cut it here.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Yea, I am no draft guru at all but I heard a big knock on McCoy is lack of arm strength. One thing this team needs is a strong arm QB to handle the conditions at RWS.

Comment

Working...
                              X