• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChanGailey
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jan 2010

I will always hate Maybin

It sucks for him but even if he lives up to what we hope he does, it will always be a Whitner'd (wasted)pick. We could have Oher. Put him there and its the 2nd best draft this franchise has ever had. We'd have limitless options at 9 this year (although we prob would have won an extra game or two with a first rounder that actually contributed something)(of course jauron wouldve been afraid to let him play) but I digress...

If we had Oher we could take Dez at 9 and it wouldn't be insane as it would now with the need for a tackle.

Imagine our offense with Oher, Wood, Levitre, Nelson, Bryant, Evans, and out Beast RBs. I'd be proud to be a fan.

Even if we get a solid tackle this year, just knowing that we could already have one and we could add some explosiveness to this team...ugh, its frustrating.

We could sign Porter right now and get double the production of what we'll get out of our skinny little workout warrior.

Maybin and Whitner. Setting us back since 2006 and 2009.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: I will always hate Maybin

Who Cares?

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Modrak wanted Cushing or Orakpo but Wilson deferred to Jauron , who picked Maybin. Jauron also picked Whitner over Ngata because he wanted another Saftey like he had in Chicago, Mike Brown.

Turn the page and look forward.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ChanGailey
        It sucks for him but even if he lives up to what we hope he does, it will always be a Whitner'd (wasted)pick. We could have Oher. Put him there and its the 2nd best draft this franchise has ever had. We'd have limitless options at 9 this year (although we prob would have won an extra game or two with a first rounder that actually contributed something)(of course jauron wouldve been afraid to let him play) but I digress...

If we had Oher we could take Dez at 9 and it wouldn't be insane as it would now with the need for a tackle.

Imagine our offense with Oher, Wood, Levitre, Nelson, Bryant, Evans, and out Beast RBs. I'd be proud to be a fan.

Even if we get a solid tackle this year, just knowing that we could already have one and we could add some explosiveness to this team...ugh, its frustrating.

We could sign Porter right now and get double the production of what we'll get out of our skinny little workout warrior.

If he lives up to what he could be maybe we get Bryce Paup in his prime.

So your logic is flawed again.
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ChanGailey
          Veteran Zoner
          • Jan 2010

Post edited for TOS violations

T the other guy. Pass rushing olb's in a 3-4 are easy to find and often come from low rounds. Its not the type of position where you need to be seriously gifted to perform. Maybin looked terrible on the field last year, and nobody can deny it.

Maybins ceiling is lower than Bryce Paup status. I'm willing to bet this kid never is DPOTY. Which Paup won.
          Last edited by northernbillfan; 03-10-2010, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

who cares?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

To thurmanator...kiss my ass. You've never said anything important.

T the other guy. Pass rushing olb's in a 3-4 are easy to find and often come from low rounds. Its not the type of position where you need to be seriously gifted to perform. Maybin looked terrible on the field last year, and nobody can deny it.

Maybins ceiling is lower than Bryce Paup status. I'm willing to bet this kid never is DPOTY. Which Paup won.

And honestly, thurm, take those stupid ass pictures of yourself down.
              A. Nobody thinks your funny.
              B. Nobody wants to look at your douchy face with a stupid ass expression on it.
              I think Thurm is funny.

I can see how you might not think so.

I think any *****ing about Whitner and Maybin picks is stupid. It's ****ing over. We have them, and we can't return them. Pissing and moaning about it is just as bad as the picks to begin with. It's all about moving on.

Don't make an attack Thurm because he told you how worthless this dead horse topic is. Hopefully your personal attacks will get you banned.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                Modrak wanted Cushing or Orakpo but Wilson deferred to Jauron , who picked Maybin. Jauron also picked Whitner over Ngata because he wanted another Saftey like he had in Chicago, Mike Brown.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

. Pass rushing olb's in a 3-4 are easy to find and often come from low rounds. Its not the type of position where you need to be seriously gifted to perform. Maybin looked terrible on the field last year, and nobody can deny it.
                  The dumbness of this post is breathtaking. Pass rushers are always in high demand. That's why guys like Demarcus Ware and Shawn Merriman got drafted high as 3-4 OLB ers. Ware is one of the most valuable players in the league. It all comes down to production. I hated the pick initially because I felt Maybin was much too small to hold up as a DE. And he is. But he could be a nice fit at OLB. It's going to take some time to make the transition as his responsibilities will be different. But if he turns out to be a good player I for one will be thrilled. Why post negative garbage?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

File in: JUNK
                    Set user to: IGNORE
                    RE: Useless whining

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

We blew it again is what he's saying and considering the fact this is happened the last 10 years WITH MULTIPLE HEAD COACHES making the call, there's no discernible hope that this will change. The only thing we might have is that it is statistically improbable that we continue to suck this much.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train

so Juice... i mean ChanGailey should be hating Jauron, not Maybin.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

Juice, many people will always hate you. Regardless of what you are calling yourself today.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                            Juice, many people will always hate you. Regardless of what you are calling yourself today.
                            I swear to god didn't even know Gailey was Juice.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                              • Jul 2005

Look the guy works his butt off and if he becomes Demaracus Ware no one is going to say crap anymore not even you.

Do I think he could be as good as Ware, I have no clue, but no one has seen him play in a 34 ever so lets wait to judge till after the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X