PDA

View Full Version : Starks to work out for Patriots

patmoran2006
03-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Former University of Buffalo running back James Starks could soon go from being the popular local boy to sleeping with enemy, literally.

Starks has announced that the New England Patriots contacted him and the former Niagara Falls high school star will meet individually with the Patriots before the AFC draft, according to the All Access Football (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/all-access-football/2010/03/09/combine-recap-james-starks-buffalo-bulls) website.

Starks, who missed all of 2009 with a labral tear in his shoulder, was impressive at the NFL Combine in February. He was seven among all running backs with a 4.5/40 time. He also finished fifth with a 6.89 time in the three cone drill.

Starks broke records his junior year at UB, setting single season marks for rushing attempts (272) and rushing yards (1,333). He also ran for 16 touchdowns despite missing two and a half games.

He holds UB’s career rushing record (3,142 yards) and became the first 1,000-yard rusher in the Bulls’ Division I-A era.

In high school at Niagara Falls, Starks ran for 1,048 yards and threw for over 600 yards to earn All-Western New York honors. He also played on the Niagara Falls basketball team that featured future NBA star Jonny Flynn, Syracuse star Paul Harris and former UB basketball standout Paul Harris.

We wish Starks the best of luck and a long and prosperous NFL career. Just not with the Patriots.

psubills62
03-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I have a feeling that despite the injury, most NFL teams will realize that Starks is a very good RB and he'll end up being picked earlier than most people think he will be (3rd/4th round).

That would be really disappointing if the Patriots picked him. Especially since the Bills could use someone like Starks to help phase out Lynch.

patmoran2006
03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I love the kid, I just wanna see him get draftd and have a chance to do well.

DraftBoy
03-10-2010, 12:07 PM
He is a gamer and he'll be drafted. Could be a 3rd down back right now in the NFL.

The Spaz
03-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Good kid and a local I wish him well even if he ends up on the Patriots...lol