3) Jarrett Brown QB WVA
4) Kyle Calloway OT Iowa
5) Brandon Deaderick DE Alabama
6) Kade Weston DT Georgia
7) Joe Pawelek ILB Baylor

What do you guys think?

Pinkerton Security
03-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I'd kill myself if we did that...cant ignore out top 2 needs (OT and DT) until later rounds, IMO.

The Spaz
03-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Don't like it. We don't address our 2 major needs until late in the draft? I would be pissed.

gonzo1105
03-10-2010, 02:41 PM
I hate when people say that we don't address our major needs early. Sorry to say but we have major needs all over this football team. Whatever we take it needs to be a stud not just hitting a need.

We have needs at QB, WR, TE(arguably), OT, Center, 3-4 DE, 3-4 DT, Rush OLB all of those could use a serious upgrade...Shoot we could upgrade our inside LB's with the overrated Posluszny and Mitchell.

WE have needs all over the field there is not one guy not one that would hit the FA market and be a hot hot commodity that teams would be running to get. If we took C.J Spiller so be it if he is going to be a stud in the NFL and make plays. Dez Bryant so be it if you know he is going to be the next Andre Johnson. Why reach for someone like Trent Williams who might be a solid pro at 9 when you can get a potential star at the same spot even if its not as big a need.

Pinkerton Security
03-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I hate when people say that we don't address our major needs early. Sorry to say but we have major needs all over this football team. Whatever we take it needs to be a stud not just hitting a need.

We have needs at QB, WR, TE(arguably), OT, Center, 3-4 DE, 3-4 DT, Rush OLB all of those could use a serious upgrade...Shoot we could upgrade our inside LB's with the overrated Posluszny and Mitchell.

WE have needs all over the field there is not one guy not one that would hit the FA market and be a hot hot commodity that teams would be running to get. If we took C.J Spiller so be it if he is going to be a stud in the NFL and make plays. Dez Bryant so be it if you know he is going to be the next Andre Johnson. Why reach for someone like Trent Williams who might be a solid pro at 9 when you can get a potential star at the same spot even if its not as big a need.

so you'd be fine with starting Bell or Meredith at LT then? because I am not. And CJ spiller is not a stud, he is Reggie Bush V2, meaning yes he will make plays but is not an every down back...you are fine with drafting a situational guy with our first pick when we already have Lynch and Jackson at RB and have GLARING holes at LT and OT?

You contradicted yourself in your post by saying we have so many holes, then next paragraph you said we should draft a guy even if its not "as big a need", even though its not a need at all.

jdbillsfan
03-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I'd kill myself if we did that...cant ignore out top 2 needs (OT and DT) until later rounds, IMO.

Ouch.

Part of my thought process was that Buffalo doesn't really draft for BPA, so we actually don't really have any top tier players.

If CJ is the top RB in the draft and D. Thomas is 1a at WR, but drops to the 2nd round because of an injury, then we actually have the makings to build some talent on this team.

I just don't want to draft a decent player to fill a position of need, I would rather draft a great player.

ps. I feel this would have to be contingent on dumping Marshawn for another draft pick.

ServoBillieves
03-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Read the sig. I know Dickerson won't be there anymore, but I'm too lazy to update my pre-combine mock.

gonzo1105
03-10-2010, 03:21 PM
so you'd be fine with starting Bell or Meredith at LT then? because I am not. And CJ spiller is not a stud, he is Reggie Bush V2, meaning yes he will make plays but is not an every down back...you are fine with drafting a situational guy with our first pick when we already have Lynch and Jackson at RB and have GLARING holes at LT and OT?

You contradicted yourself in your post by saying we have so many holes, then next paragraph you said we should draft a guy even if its not "as big a need", even though its not a need at all.

I'm not saying that Tackle isn't a need but i'm not under the impression that if we get a tackle we'll be fine up front. We need two tackles despite the Green signing and I still think we either need a Guard or a Center based on where they put Wood. Your not going to get all of that in one year despite if you get a Tackle in the first round or not. Its your opinion that you think Spiller is going to be Reggie Bush. I think that Spiller is going to be more a Marshall Faulk type back. I hate how one guy who was projected to be great i.e. bush doesn't pan out and everyone then assumes every player who was an all-purpose back is going to turn out like Bush. Spiller has just as good a shot at being a Marshall Faulk, o a LaDanian Tomlinson(not to his extent) as he does of being Reggie Bush. I dont think anyone projects Trent Williams to be a Orlando Pace, Tony Boselli type player. I am saying that yes we need a tackle, but i'm not going to force a draft pick at # 9 by getting Trent Williams(who bombed last year) or Anthony Davis just because we need one when a more dynamic player could be sitting in our laps.

This is how we have drafted for years. We could have gotten Brian Cushing last year when hey we needed a Will LB and I thought he was a great player and we ended up with Aaron Maybin last year. Cushing had double digit sacks and instantly became probably their 2nd best defensive player behind Mario Williams. That is the type of player we need not a guy who we took just because we had a a huge need at Tackle. We had a huge Need at DE and we bombed the pick instead of taking a dynamic player at less of a need.

Pinkerton Security
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm not saying that Tackle isn't a need but i'm not under the impression that if we get a tackle we'll be fine up front. We need two tackles despite the Green signing and I still think we either need a Guard or a Center based on where they put Wood. Your not going to get all of that in one year despite if you get a Tackle in the first round or not. Its your opinion that you think Spiller is going to be Reggie Bush. I think that Spiller is going to be more a Marshall Faulk type back. I hate how one guy who was projected to be great i.e. bush doesn't pan out and everyone then assumes every player who was an all-purpose back is going to turn out like Bush. Spiller has just as good a shot at being a Marshall Faulk, o a LaDanian Tomlinson(not to his extent) as he does of being Reggie Bush. I dont think anyone projects Trent Williams to be a Orlando Pace, Tony Boselli type player. I am saying that yes we need a tackle, but i'm not going to force a draft pick at # 9 by getting Trent Williams(who bombed last year) or Anthony Davis just because we need one when a more dynamic player could be sitting in our laps.

This is how we have drafted for years. We could have gotten Brian Cushing last year when hey we needed a Will LB and I thought he was a great player and we ended up with Aaron Maybin last year. Cushing had double digit sacks and instantly became probably their 2nd best defensive player behind Mario Williams. That is the type of player we need not a guy who we took just because we had a a huge need at Tackle. We had a huge Need at DE and we bombed the pick instead of taking a dynamic player at less of a need.

agree with most of your post but for the record i would have never taken reggie in round 1, let alone #2, and I remember stating that at the time of the draft. I guess he could be like chris johnson too, so who knows, I'm just in the train of thought that we need to build our lines up before we draft a player i consider a luxury, with our current RB depth.

gonzo1105
03-10-2010, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=pinkdogg32]agree with most of your post but for the record i would have never taken reggie in round 1, let alone #2, and I remember stating that at the time of the draft. I guess he could be like chris johnson too, so who knows, I'm just in the train of thought that we need to build our lines up before we draft a player i consider a luxury, with our current RB depth.[/QUOTE

I get that too. I am not delusional and think that Bell or Meredith is the answer. I just feel if you get a Spiller, a Dez Bryant, or a Dan Williams( who I really like), you can get a Charles Brown or a Jason Fox in the 2nd and would still be a huge upgrade over Bell or Meredith. I'm an FSU fan and Spiller is just as dynamic as it gets. I am going into the first round with an open mind. If we took a Bulaga or a Davis I understand why we did it, if we take a Dan Williams or a Dez Bryant(who i dont think we really will take), or even like a Sergio Kindle I can understand why we did that as well. This team needs guys who are going to make plays and if that means that Mitchell or Spencer Johnson or some of our other "established" talent loses their job then i'm for it because our established talent hasn't gotten it done.

dannyek71
03-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Our strongest position is RB. Why????

SABURZFAN
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
1) CJ Spiller RB Clemson
2) Demaryus Thomas WR GT
3) Jarrett Brown QB WVA
4) Kyle Calloway OT Iowa

What do you guys think?

i think there's an extra 6th and 7th rounder missing.

cbatl32
03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
1) CJ Spiller RB Clemson
2) Demaryus Thomas WR GT
3) Jarrett Brown QB WVA
4) Kyle Calloway OT Iowa

What do you guys think?

worst mock I've ever seen.

jdbillsfan
03-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Our strongest position is RB. Why????

If you take the best player available, you start building talent. This team had 0 pro bowlers. If you get a player like LT or Chris Johnson, you turn your franchise around.

If you can get an Andre Johnson type in the 2nd and your starting QB in the 3rd, then that is pretty good.

Like I said, I wouldn't want to do it without trading Marshawn and picking up an extra draft pick.

We would actually have a dynamic offense with those guys.

Not all starting OL or DL are drafted in the first 2 rounds.

BillsWin
03-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Although I like Spiller and Thomas we don't have the opportunity or luxury to draft them. Too many more pressing needs.

FlyingDutchman
03-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Jarrett Brown probably wont even get drafted, and he has him going in the 3rd. Thats laughable

gonzo1105
03-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Jarrett Brown probably wont even get drafted, and he has him going in the 3rd. Thats laughable

Actually Jarrett Brown has a real good chance to go in rounds 3-5 so its not as laughable as you think

TigerJ
03-11-2010, 07:44 AM
If the Bills sign Jimmy Kennedy, my main problem would be at left tackle. I think that needs to be addressed in round one or two. I think we can pretty much cover the linebacker position by shifting current players around. We would still have question marks at QB. Jarrett Brown is strictly a project player, and probably end up on the PS. We would end up starting one of the three that is currently on the roster. I'm rooting for Brohm. I think between Green, Bell and Meredith we can take care of the RT and swing positions. We'll still be at least a season away from being any kind of threat to take the AFC East crown.

FlyingDutchman
03-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Actually Jarrett Brown has a real good chance to go in rounds 3-5 so its not as laughable as you think

i watched almost every WVU game this year, youll see