• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Nix's agenda against Terrell Owens

I dont know of any.. But I know I read somewhere that Owens and Nix have a history of some sorts, and it's not good.

Does anyone know more about any situation they may want to share?

Didn't Nix coach him or have something to do with him in college or something along those lines?

I'd like to know what it is. Because I'm baffled at why we woudn't even consider bringing him back.

And I don't want to hear about this youth movement. We just signed a 12 year journeyman right tackle.

Owens was decent on the field and I'm sure would've been better with better QB and OL play.. and you can't discount that like him or not, he's relevent and it showed in the national media, and in the media coverage.

But again, not to get off topic.. Anyone know the history between the two?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • TrEd FTW
    • Sep 2008

Re: Nix's agenda against Terrell Owens

Nix coached and (I believe) recruited Owens at Chattanooga.

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Nix was a coach at Tennessee-Chattanooga during Owens Freshman year in College i beleive.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Because I'm baffled at why we woudn't even consider bringing him back.

How the hell could anyone be baffled. The guy clearly has no heart at all, and demonstrated that pretty well last year.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Nix recruited T.O. when he was coaching at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. They get along still.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
            • Dec 2002

Its because Owens hit on Nix in the shower. I'm looking for a fake link now to fortify this insane rumor.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Someone said that their history wasn't good.
              Did they have a problem with each other or something when T.O. was in college?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                How the hell could anyone be baffled. The guy clearly has no heart at all, and demonstrated that pretty well last year.
                75% of T.O. is better than anything not named Lee Evans on this roster or what's left in FA if Mason resigns with Baltimore.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

I have no proof, but on Bills Brothers on 107.3 in Rochester, either Sal (from D@C), Catolina (from WHTK news) or Scott Pitoniak mentioned they got into it while at college. It was on a show way back when Nix was announced GM, so like 1st or 2nd Thursday in Jan, but who ever was speaking at the time, said Nix as GM pretty much ensures Owens will not return.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

I dont know of any.. But I know I read somewhere that Owens and Nix have a history of some sorts, and it's not good.

Does anyone know more about any situation they may want to share?

Didn't Nix coach him or have something to do with him in college or something along those lines?

I'd like to know what it is. Because I'm baffled at why we woudn't even consider bringing him back.

And I don't want to hear about this youth movement. We just signed a 12 year journeyman right tackle.

Owens was decent on the field and I'm sure would've been better with better QB and OL play.. and you can't discount that like him or not, he's relevent and it showed in the national media, and in the media coverage.

But again, not to get off topic.. Anyone know the history between the two?
                    Owens will be long retired by the time the Bills are ready to compete.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

75% of T.O. is better than anything not named Lee Evans on this roster or what's left in FA if Mason resigns with Baltimore.
                      Really? Owens is breaking down. We almost saw it last year. What if next year he only plays like 4 games? It's better to give him the money and be stuck with the bench guys? Please. Quit thinking this team needs big names and quit crying because we don't build via free agency. The NFL is a league which it builds through the unknowns, giving them 2nd and 3rd chances and via the draft. Notice all the teams spending mega bucks in the free agent market (last yr Skins, this yr Det and Chi) are all AWFUL teams? There's a reason why the good teams don't panic and spend big dough, because they draft well.

Bills NEED to rebuild the right way and hope for a playoff run in 2-3 years.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

the answer could be as simple as owens wanting a multi year deal and the bills saying, "no. it'll be money thrown away." by the time the bills rebuild to be playoff ready (assuming the typical 3 year model) owens will be 39 years old.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

What's the point this year? Put Hardy, SJ, and a rookie to be named later on the field and let's see if there's any real talent there... when we actually call a PA pass.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Demon
                            Really? Owens is breaking down. We almost saw it last year. What if next year he only plays like 4 games? It's better to give him the money and be stuck with the bench guys? Please. Quit thinking this team needs big names and quit crying because we don't build via free agency. The NFL is a league which it builds through the unknowns, giving them 2nd and 3rd chances and via the draft. Notice all the teams spending mega bucks in the free agent market (last yr Skins, this yr Det and Chi) are all AWFUL teams? There's a reason why the good teams don't panic and spend big dough, because they draft well.

Bills NEED to rebuild the right way and hope for a playoff run in 2-3 years.
                            Says you.

The Bills were 6-10 last year, not 2-14. They were within 8 points of a winning record. And that despite being ravaged with injuries.

Every single year teams come from below the middle of the pack into the playoffs.

We can disagree, and that's fine. .But the Bills aren't automatically not playoff contenders next year.........But if they're going to do nothing in FA, then yeah.

Maybe your sold on the organization's build through the draft exclusively theory, but I'm not.

There are plenty of good teams that sign plenty of free agents and are good teams, and more than just 1-2.

and BTW, building the "right way" constitutes signing a dozen year vet from the Raiders to play right tackle?

That's my point.. Buffalo isn't building anything... They are being cheap.. in 3 years it will be the same thing all over again.
                            Last edited by patmoran2006; 03-10-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

TO and Nix had a stormy relationship when they were both at UTC, but have since patched things up. Although I don't doubt that it has some bearing on Nix' (IMHO wrong) decision not to re-sign TO.

As for TO "breaking down," he's not the WR he once was, but without him, the Bills would have been picking 1st overall this year. It's not TO's fault the Bills' QB's couldn't/wouldn't get him (or Lee) the ball, when he was open (which was a lot). Most were hoping that Edwards would put 2008 behind him and pickup where he left-off before getting the concussion, but it never happened. And as a result of TO being gone, the Bills have a huge hole at WR that will need to be fixed by Hardy or Johnson. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

Comment

Working...
                              X