• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay Mock Draft 3.0

It's only available to insiders, but I will let you know who their choices are:

Kiper: Dez Bryant could be a temptation here, but a versatile talent like Trent Williams, who has lined up at left and right tackle, would help the Bills immediately. He would aid the run game and help whichever Bills passer is taking snaps stay upright.

McShay: We think the Bills should go in a different direction, but they need a long-term answer at quarterback, and Clausen is the second-best prospect in this class. Assuming his surgically repaired toe checks out, he likely will be the pick.

And Draftboy, by the way, they BOTH have Eric Berry going to KC at 5! What do you think about THAT? haha
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mel Kiper and Todd McShay Mock Draft 3.0

I think that both havent had a mock accuracy over like 25% in the past few years. Plus its still only March.

:db:
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Would it be possible for you to show us who the first 8 picks were?

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
        • Feb 2009

Funny McShay said no way Clausen goes top 10 and now has him going to us.

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

McShay doesn't BELIEVE Clausen is a top 10 pick, but thinks the Bills will reach for him because of the dire need for one.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post the other picks or not. Mods?

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
            McShay doesn't BELIEVE Clausen is a top 10 pick, but thinks the Bills will reach for him because of the dire need for one.

How about just post the 8 players that are off the board so we know who we're passing up. You don't have to post them in order or say who they went to.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
              How about just post the 8 players that are off the board so we know who we're passing up. You don't have to post them in order or say who they went to.

In no particular order;

Suh
              Bradford
              McCoy
              Okung
              Bulaga
              Clausen
              Berry
              JPP
              Campbell
              Haden

And before somebody points out that there are 10 names listed, you are correct they do not agree completely on who the top 9 should be.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                I think that both havent had a mock accuracy over like 25% in the past few years. Plus its still only March.

:db:
                Id agree.

I haven't seen many drafts, if it all, where the consensus lasts past the 4th pick or so... Just off the top of my head.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I will be super pissed if we draft a QB at #9.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                    I will be super pissed if we draft a QB at #9.

if people thought the Lossman situation was bad, go ahead and let the Bills draft Tebow at #9. i'll go through the roof if that happens.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      if people thought the Lossman situation was bad, go ahead and let the Bills draft Tebow at #9. i'll go through the roof if that happens.
                      I'd basically be convinced that the Bills would be all about marketing to generate ticket sales, with winning being secondary.

I said that the second they signed Owens last year and this would seal it.

BTW- I like Kipers thinking ( Trent Williams )
                      Last edited by Night Train; 03-11-2010, 05:27 AM.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by T-Long

No, there is no full reposting of articles allowed here, especially from pay sites like Insider. This site doesn't need to deal with copyright issues from places like ESPN. Thanks for asking.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train
                          I'd basically be convinced that the Bills would be all about marketing to generate ticket sales, with winning being secondary.

I said that the second they signed Owens last year and this would seal it.

BTW- I like Kipers thinking ( Trent Williams )
                          Marketing & ticket sales are what Russ Brandon was & is all about. That is his primary job.

I blame the losing on Jauron. He picked Maybin & Whitner before him when better players were there to be had. I think he was responsible for the Bills not bringing in a QB to compete with Trent because he didn't want to damage Trent's fragile psyche. He was also responsible for that stupid, simple offense last year.

It is a new year & Dick has been fired. If the Bills take Tebow at 9 they will do so because they think he can be a good QB in the NFL & win games. Buddy & Chan are all about winning games. Will Tebow sell tickets in Buffalo? Sure he will, but he would sell a ton more tickets in Jacksonville. That is why if the Bills fall in love with Tebow they may have to take him at 9 I doubt he will be there when the Bills draft in the 2nd rnd.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
                            Marketing & ticket sales are what Russ Brandon was & is all about. That is his primary job.

I blame the losing on Jauron. He picked Maybin & Whitner before him when better players were there to be had. I think he was responsible for the Bills not bringing in a QB to compete with Trent because he didn't want to damage Trent's fragile psyche. He was also responsible for that stupid, simple offense last year.

It is a new year & Dick has been fired. If the Bills take Tebow at 9 they will do so because they think he can be a good QB in the NFL & win games. Buddy & Chan are all about winning games. Will Tebow sell tickets in Buffalo? Sure he will, but he would sell a ton more tickets in Jacksonville. That is why if the Bills fall in love with Tebow they may have to take him at 9 I doubt he will be there when the Bills draft in the 2nd rnd.
                            Actually, it doesn't look like Tebow would sell that many tickets in Jax according to the following article. They took a poll of Jax fans and the majority don't even want to draft him.

How would Tebow sell tickets in Buffalo when most fans don't think he can make it as an NFL qb and he probably wouldn't even get a chance to start for a couple years.

Comment

Working...
                            X