X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scartown
    • Dec 2008

Rolando McClain has Crohn's Disease

This will hurt his draft stock a bit. He's had the disease since high school.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Rolando McClain has Crohn's Disease

isnt thAT when you poop too much?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

it won't hurt his draft status at all

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by King Bedard
        isnt thAT when you poop too much?
        Kind of my Best friend has Chrons. Basically, you have thousands of ulcers lining your esophagus. When you have flairs it is crippling. For example, My best friend Alex was 220 lbs in September. He hit a terrible flair up and was down to 145 lbs in December. I'm sure my buds case of Chrons is worse than McClains, but when you have flair ups, its VERY hard to control.

Back to the humerous part of Chrons, you take terrible diarrhea type ****s ever time you poop.
        Last edited by Slim; 03-10-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
          it won't hurt his draft status at all
          It ended QB Tommie Frazier's career, don't think it wont hurt him.

There are many complications that can from this disease, including extremely dangerous blood clots.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Crohn's disease is a chronic inflamation of the intestines. I think it might be classified as an autoimmune disease. It is incurable. It can range in severity from a mild nuisance to completely debilitating, requiring surgery to remove sections of intestine that deteriorate to the point of posing a risk for bleeding and perforation. Whether or not it is an issue for the draft depends on severity.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Slim
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              It ended QB Tommie Frazier's career, don't think it wont hurt him.

There are many complications that can from this disease, including extremely dangerous blood clots.
              The main scare for Chrons is at some point in ALMOST every Chrons patients life is they have to get there colon removed. My friend is 21 and when i took him to the hospital in December they told him he was 48 hours away from having to get his colon taken out. Luckily, they were able to pump his body full of steriods and save his colon. I don't think there is ANY football player who is wearing a plastic bag on there side to poop in during the game.
              Last edited by Slim; 03-10-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

After reading Slim's post, I went and checked. Crohn's can affect any part of the digestive tract from the mouth to the anus, though the intestines are the more usual site of inflamation. The esophagus can certainly be affected.
                Last edited by TigerJ; 03-10-2010, 05:25 PM.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Slim
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  Crohn's disease is a chronic inflamation of the intestines. I think it might be classified as an autoimmune disease. It is incurable. It can range in severity from a mild nuisance to completely debilitating, requiring surgery to remove sections of intestine that deteriorate to the point of posing a risk for bleeding and perforation. Whether or not it is an issue for the draft depends on severity.
                  It is classified as autoimmune.

Comment

• Slim
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    After reading Slimps post, I went and checked. Crohn's can affect any part of the digestive tract from the mouth to the anus, though the intestines are the more usual site of inflamation. The esophagus can certainly be affected.
                    My buddy has sores open sores on his *******. Graphic i know but it shows its sevarity.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

This is an extremely volatile bit of news, I expect McClain's stock to take a tumble now.

Oh and he a ran 4.74 40 today by the way.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                        • Jan 2010

Thats sad to hear. My best friends wife has crohns disease and it almost killed her last year. And she is only 22. I expect this to really hurt his stock, too.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Slim
                          It is classified as autoimmune.
                          Thought so. That accounts for it's incurability.

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla *****
                            • Jul 2002

My brother was diagnosed with Chron's almost 20 years ago. He had to have part of his duodenum removed, but he now does triathlons. With proper diet and medication, Chron's is very manageable.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

My nephew has this, but he is doing a lot better with proper diet and nutrition, he is only 8 years old, but he has been playing baseball and other sports. It can be rough, we found out about it when he was dripping blood all over the bathroom floor, he is a tough little guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X