PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis

jdbillsfan
03-11-2010, 08:30 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/10/anthony-davis-has-odd-day/

No show at his workout. Then had to be coaxed to show up and also wouldn't weigh in.

Not good if you want to get picked in the top 10.

tampabay25690
03-11-2010, 08:32 AM
I think he is afraid after the combine, he was sloppy and slow...
He will be the OT that slips later in the round now and maybe even out of the 1st round....

Bills Juggernaut
03-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Wow. How many millions did that just cost him........

DBrown77
03-11-2010, 08:34 AM
we will draft him

ZAZusmc03
03-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Wow, What a moron.

psubills62
03-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Perfect for Cincinnati.

Night Train
03-11-2010, 08:40 AM
I watched the combine and he was bad. Already had a poor work ethic rep and thinks he's above having to prove himself.

Hello 2nd Round. Help...I'm falling..

The Spaz
03-11-2010, 08:46 AM
LMAO at him and Rutgers!:rofl::lol:

patmoran2006
03-11-2010, 08:47 AM
yeah that's going to cost him some serious bucks for at least 4 years.

Italian Stallion
03-11-2010, 08:48 AM
If we go offensive tackle at 9...this is who we will pick.

Watch.

ddaryl
03-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I watched the combine and he was bad. Already had a poor work ethic rep and thinks he's above having to prove himself.

Hello 2nd Round. Help...I'm falling..

IMO a player that pulls this isn't even worth drafting at all by any team. If he can't be motivated for his big payday then what could possibly motivate him

Don't Panic
03-11-2010, 09:41 AM
If we go offensive tackle at 9...this is who we will pick.

Watch.

It's what Cincy did last year... they wouldn't let Andre Smith slide past them at #6 and there was tons of stuff on him. I do not see him slipping to the 2nd round, but if he did and we went Williams in the 1st, I would definitely gamble on him.

don137
03-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I think Buddy Nix is smart enough to pass on him. What it does do is hurt Buffalo because it takes a player than conceivably could of been gone at #9 and makes him available which means a player that would of been available will now not be available (i.e. Trent Williams).

YoungEz
03-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Well update your mocks, bills trade up into the top 3 and draft Davis now

Italian Stallion
03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
It's what Cincy did last year... they wouldn't let Andre Smith slide past them at #6 and there was tons of stuff on him. I do not see him slipping to the 2nd round, but if he did and we went Williams in the 1st, I would definitely gamble on him.

I was being very sarcastic..in that because he has these issues and red flags now, this team will pick him at 9 just because.

This entire process leading up to the draft is EXACTLY like a job interview in the real world...so for not even showing up and working out and complaining about your showing at the combine like a little *****, that would equal in the real world that this trashball decided to walk into the room and take a big wet dump on the interviewers desk, call him names and storm out.

He's trash and I don't want him on this team

Don't Panic
03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
I was being very sarcastic..in that because he has these issues and red flags now, this team will pick him at 9 just because.

This entire process leading up to the draft is EXACTLY like a job interview in the real world...so for not even showing up and working out and complaining about your showing at the combine like a little *****, that would equal in the real world that this trashball decided to walk into the room and take a big wet dump on the interviewers desk, call him names and storm out.

He's trash and I don't want him on this team

I guess the sarcasm has gotten a little old to me... I get your point. He has failed thus far to make a positive impression off the field. But he has definitely proven himself on the field. Is he a risk? Absolutely. But there is time between now and late April. If we see him get his act together and he slides (which he won't) to us in the 2nd, I'd take that chance. We could come out with one of the best DT/LT combos of this draft.

Commissioner
03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
If I were an NFL GM i would take him right off my draft board. No way I pay an immature baby like that any money.

He reminds me of Andre Smith last year... who went to the Bengals... held out through most of training camp... and then got a season ending injury.

EricStratton
03-11-2010, 11:28 AM
It's a shame. I watched this kid play in high school and again a bunch of games in college and it seems he never progressed mentally from the time he was 17.

SirMcGee
03-11-2010, 11:36 AM
LMAO at him and Rutgers!:rofl::lol:

Rutgers has put out top notch NFL players. So i don't really know what you're laughing at.

DraftBoy
03-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I wouldnt draft him at all, I dont see him as an OT in the NFL.

EricStratton
03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I wouldnt draft him at all, I dont see him as an OT in the NFL.

I think he's a guard and a back-up swing tackle and that will piss him off.

He can then either get better or pout and not be worth a damn.

TigerJ
03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
He's off my draft board.

The Spaz
03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Rutgers has put out top notch NFL players. So i don't really know what you're laughing at.

Yep and they have an awesome schedule they put together. Let me see FIU, Howard, Texas Southern and Army. That's what I laugh at. They are paper Tigers and most Rutgers fans think football just started about 4-5 years ago. As a Syracuse fan I loathe them more than any other Big East team and can't wait until they are doormats once again.

SirMcGee
03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Yep and they have an awesome schedule they put together. Let me see FIU, Howard, Texas Southern and Army. That's what I laugh at. They are paper Tigers and most Rutgers fans think football just started about 4-5 years ago. As a Syracuse fan I loathe them more than any other Big East team and can't wait until they are doormats once again.

I don't care about Rutgers schedule and their football program. But they've been putting out good NFL talent recently. :loser:

I said they've put out good NFL talent. Didn't saay anything about their team. Did i?

The Spaz
03-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I don't care about Rutgers schedule and their football program. But they've been putting out good NFL talent recently. :loser:

I said they've put out good NFL talent. Didn't saay anything about their team. Did i?

I agreed with that part and just put out there what I thought about the rest of there program.:up:

JCBills
03-11-2010, 01:17 PM

You're talking like Andre Smith was a good pick though.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
i want cj spiller, period

SirMcGee
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
i want cj spiller, period

You can get great value at RB in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
spiller is the next oj simpson or chris johnson, i want him!

Bill Cody
03-11-2010, 04:14 PM
spiller is the next oj simpson

really? Does he drive a Bronco?

SirMcGee
03-11-2010, 04:44 PM
spiller is the next oj simpson or chris johnson, i want him!

spiller is the next OJ Simpson and Chris Johnson based on what?

DraftBoy
03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
I agreed with that part and just put out there what I thought about the rest of there program.:up:

Like their fans or not, and I agree for the most part they are snobs but the program is pretty solid with Schiano as coach. They got a good young QB in Savage, a solid stable of RB's, a playmaking WR. If their D can get just a little better they could be a contender.

HopefulBillsFan
03-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Chan Gailey builds around character. Were not drafting this guy.

PECKERWOOD
03-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Like their fans or not, and I agree for the most part they are snobs but the program is pretty solid with Schiano as coach. They got a good young QB in Savage, a solid stable of RB's, a playmaking WR. If their D can get just a little better they could be a contender.

Savage and Sanu look like future 1st round picks to me, but Davis on the other hand, he is likely a 2nd round pick after this stunt, which is probably what he should have been in the 1st place, he will be a RT in the NFL.

SirMcGee
03-11-2010, 07:45 PM

How are they snobs? I'd love to hear this.

Next best WR in the NFL is going to be Freshman WR - Muhamed Sanu. A 6'2" 215 lb freshman WR. Watch out.

The Spaz
03-11-2010, 07:59 PM

Next best WR in the NFL is going to be Freshman WR - Muhamed Sanu. A 6'2" 215 lb freshman WR. Watch out.

Like I said earlier most of the fans are banwagoners that just learned Rutgers had a football team 4-5 years ago. It's ok though Syracuse is rising again and Rutgers will return to futility.

DraftBoy
03-12-2010, 07:46 AM

Your second sentence just proved my point.

Sanu is very good, but to say he is the next best is completely devoid of logic given guys like DeAndre Brown, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Micheal Floyd, I could keep going but you get my point. Also even among Freshman he wasn't in the top 5 of receiving this past season, Eric Page (Toledo), Conner Vernon (Duke), Alex Torres (Texas Tech), Alshon Jefferey (South Carolina), Brandon Wimberly (Nevada) all were better statistically. Alshon Jefferey was by far the top Freshman WR in the nation this past season anyways and Sanu has A LOT of work to do to get near him in terms of ability.

You have a very talented freshman however a lot can happen in 2-3 years, injuries, off the field issues, family crisis. However Rutgers fans have tendency to take a guy who has one good season and claim he's the next best thing. Next year it will be Savage, of this I have no doubt. Its not a horrible thing, its just funny considering the program has done absolutely nothing. But Ill be honest Id rather Bills fans have faith in this team despite winning like Rutgers fans have in their team. At least they are optimistic.

JCBills
03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
spiller is the next OJ Simpson and Chris Johnson based on what?

So what someone sees here is discarded because it doesn't support your view.

In other threads, what people see seems to be the only measure for you.

So I'd love to know, what exactly do you base anything off of?

JCBills
03-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Your second sentence just proved my point.

Sanu is very good, but to say he is the next best is completely devoid of logic given guys like DeAndre Brown, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Micheal Floyd, I could keep going but you get my point. Also even among Freshman he wasn't in the top 5 of receiving this past season, Eric Page (Toledo), Conner Vernon (Duke), Alex Torres (Texas Tech), Alshon Jefferey (South Carolina), Brandon Wimberly (Nevada) all were better statistically. Alshon Jefferey was by far the top Freshman WR in the nation this past season anyways and Sanu has A LOT of work to do to get near him in terms of ability.

You have a very talented freshman however a lot can happen in 2-3 years, injuries, off the field issues, family crisis. However Rutgers fans have tendency to take a guy who has one good season and claim he's the next best thing. Next year it will be Savage, of this I have no doubt. Its not a horrible thing, its just funny considering the program has done absolutely nothing. But Ill be honest Id rather Bills fans have faith in this team despite winning like Rutgers fans have in their team. At least they are optimistic.

DB don't waste your time, he'll ignore anything that is logic-based and attack anything that doesn't mirror his opinion.

Slim
03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
So what someone sees here is discarded because it doesn't support your view.

In other threads, what people see seems to be the only measure for you.

So I'd love to know, what exactly do you base anything off of?

A brain, logic, thinking. Nevermind you don't get it.

JCBills
03-12-2010, 02:17 PM
A brain, logic, thinking. Nevermind you don't get it.

Uh, no. Slanted views shouldn't be held higher than unbiased analysis, though the opposite seems to be the way to go.

X-Era
03-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Its one of those stock up, stock down things that happens every year.

Seems like his stock was at a high right about as the season ended, some sites had him as the #1 guy, now hes on the decline and may even be the 4th T taken.

All I will say is this, he has the physical talent, but is raw. If we want raw, why not get Campbell who has better athleticism... and possibly better upside.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2010, 04:15 PM
i think we would take anthony davis because he is the best run blocker of this group. also a dark horse pick is iupati and put him a lt...

SirMcGee
03-12-2010, 05:50 PM
i think we would take anthony davis because he is the best run blocker of this group. also a dark horse pick is iupati and put him a lt...

You do realize that Iupati is a Guard right? Obviously you don't know this.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM
iupati has the ability to play T though. he played t in the senior bowl...

SirMcGee
03-12-2010, 06:01 PM
iupati has the ability to play T though. he played t in the senior bowl...

I don't care what he played at the senior bowl. No more freakin PROJECTS and moving players around. Draft players where they were meant to play for once !!!