• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bills Juggernaut
    • Aug 2006

There Goes Mason Too....

Not that I wanted him anyway....

After twice reaching outside the organization to enhance their wide receiving corps, the Baltimore Ravens secured one of their own Wednesday night: two-time Pro Bowl player Derrick Mason.
    The One and Only
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: There Goes Mason Too....

If he had any intentions on returning it was gonna be with the ravens.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Hopefully with he and Bryant gone, the Bills will re-sign TO.
      Last edited by Goobylal; 03-11-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

With such a very thin free agent pool this year due to more players being restricted free agents I think it will backfire on the Bills by taking a wait and see attitude on players in free agency (i.e. Bryant and Mason).
        Its economics 101 with supply and demand. With more demand than supply players that are decent will get paid market value or above. There will be very few bargains this year in free agency.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by don137
          With such a very thin free agent pool this year due to more players being restricted free agents I think it will backfire on the Bills by taking a wait and see attitude on players in free agency (i.e. Bryant and Mason).
          Its economics 101 with supply and demand. With more demand than supply players that are decent will get paid market value or above. There will be very few bargains this year in free agency.
          The problem is the quality of the supply. Why overpay on an inferior group when you can be shrewd this year and put that extra money toward next year when the numbers go back up? I think this is what Nix & Co. are doing and I feel it is the right path.

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

On a side note, the Ravens for really look pretty stacked at WR for the first time ever. Boldin - Mason - Stallworth - D Williams is a pretty nice foursome.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i hope stallworth gets hit by a car.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by madness
                The problem is the quality of the supply. Why overpay on an inferior group when you can be shrewd this year and put that extra money toward next year when the numbers go back up? I think this is what Nix & Co. are doing and I feel it is the right path.
                you do realize that this strategy involves all but forfeiting the 2010 season, right?
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• superbills
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  i hope stallworth gets hit by a car.
                  OK, I'll drive!

Or...we can get Marshawn to drive...either way...
                  Last edited by superbills; 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM.
                  "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                  Ronald Reagan
                  40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• superbills
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    you do realize that this strategy involves all but forfeiting the 2010 season, right?
                    Derrick Mason or Antonio Bryant were not going to change that anyway...
                    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                    Ronald Reagan
                    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      What changed from last year that all of sudden makes us a playoff team? This is the approach Nix said we were going to take from the beginning. Signing a bunch of mediocre players on the downside of their careers isn't going to make anything better in the long run. The only thing we can do for the next two years is hope we overachieve as we watch our young talent develop.

Comment

• Demon
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bills Juggernaut
                        Better for him to go back to Baltimore then to sign with Miami, as it was rumored that there might be interest there. I never believed for a second that there was even a chance that Buddy Nix would even consider signing this guy. There's some speed guys still available in the market and the draft is loaded with WR's. It's not like the Bills are looking to sign a WR to be the "final" piece of a playoff team.....
                        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                          Mason is done. And hopefully with he and Bryant gone, the Bills will re-sign TO.
                          The Bills have gone on record saying they don't plan on re-signing TO. I can't see them backtracking on that. Instead expect us to go after a low cost veteran. I think Muhsin Muhammad is the perfect stop gap out there, as he won't cost much, is a veteran who can step in and immediate play opposite Evans and possibly mentor Hardy/Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                          X