PDA

View Full Version : Thougths? Should Buffalo trade their 2nd for Gaither?

jpdex12
03-12-2010, 11:23 AM
The Ravens tendered him where a team would have to give up a 1st round pick but considering that they raised him from the depths to what he is like we did with Peters I winder if they would accept our higher end 2nd round pick? Possibly have to throw in a late round pick as well to sweeten the pot?

If we could trade for a high end LT and still have our 1st round pick we could grab Dan Williams or Mount Cody with our first rounder. I don't think that either of them are worthy of the #9 pick but it would fill two very big holes for us.

Thoughts?

Slim
03-12-2010, 11:25 AM
I would give up a second for Gathier. Fills a need with a proven player.

DraftBoy
03-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I hate trading draft picks but if Baltimore would do this deal, Id be down.

ZAZusmc03
03-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I hate trading draft picks but if Baltimore would do this deal, Id be down.

I'd hate to see us lose our 2nd rounder, but if Baltimore would be interested, you can't say no to that. If that were the case, There could be a possibility to get it back by trading down to later in the first depending on what players are still available at 9. Either way, a 2nd for a solid LT is a no brainer.

Bill Cody
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
hell yeah

Ed
03-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't know enough about all the OT's in the draft, but if Gaither is better then anyone we could pick up in the 2nd, I wouldn't complain.

Mr. Pink
03-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Would be a good trade to make and automatically fill a need...without having to try and do it in the crapshoot known as the draft.

Especially since FA is thin at the position.

JCBills
03-12-2010, 02:11 PM
The Ravens tendered him where a team would have to give up a 1st round pick but considering that they raised him from the depths to what he is like we did with Peters I winder if they would accept our higher end 2nd round pick? Possibly have to throw in a late round pick as well to sweeten the pot?

If we could trade for a high end LT and still have our 1st round pick we could grab Dan Williams or Mount Cody with our first rounder. I don't think that either of them are worthy of the #9 pick but it would fill two very big holes for us.

Thoughts?

Spend the #9 pick on a 2nd rounder? No thanks.

jamze132
03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Gaither for Whitner and a 3rd.

jdbillsfan
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Sure

jaycorp51
03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Gaither for Whitner and a 3rd.

now that would be ideal...but i'd still take Gaither for a 2nd rounder

jpdex12
03-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Gaither is a very good player at LT. Baltimore might not deal for anything other than a 1st for him but I would hope that OBD would at least try to offer our 2nd rounder.

In a perfect world we would pull the trigger on this deal and then find a partner and trade down in the first far enough to pick up that team's second rounder to replace the one we traded with Baltimore.

That would give us a starting LT, a late first round pick to nab either Williams or Brandon Graham and then go after Cody or Cam Thomas in round two if we took Graham in round one. Of course taking Dan Williams with the later pick in round one we'd have to zero in on someone like Hughes in round two. We need an OLB!

LT
NT
OLB
WR

SirMcGee
03-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I would do this in a heartbeat.

ddaryl
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM
the only question that needs to be asked is

Could we draft a better player at our #2 spot ? at OT ?

We are desperate for a competent T, and Gaither comes pre-groomed.

SirMcGee
03-12-2010, 05:59 PM
the only question that needs to be asked is

Could we draft a better player at our #2 spot ? at OT ?

We are desperate for a competent T, and Gaither comes pre-groomed.

Somebody in the 2nd better than Gaither? Nope.

Throne Logic
03-12-2010, 09:17 PM
I would take a young proven starter over any single draft pick any day.

Draft picks are always gambles. Seasoned talent with a track record is a much safer bet.

How much better could the Bills truly expect to do with any single pick?

jpdex12
03-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Things have been real quiet at OBD. I hope that we see some real fireworks at the end of FA and into the draft. If we are truly waiting to get our players in the draft then we need more draft picks!

Novacane
03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Draft picks are always gambles. Seasoned talent with a track record is a much safer bet.

?

And when it's the Bills making the picks it's an even bigger gamble.

Luisito23
03-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Things have been real quiet at OBD. I hope that we see some real fireworks at the end of FA and into the draft.

I wouldn't hold my breath bro. :err:

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 11:16 AM
that kid will be 24 by the time the season starts and is a sure fire stud at his position....this trade is almost too obvious for it to come to fruition

YardRat
03-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'd pull the trigger on this one. A young, proven starter at a position of need is > a rookie.

Night Train
03-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Thoughts?

Sharp idea. I like your thinking.

jpdex12
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Sharp idea. I like your thinking.

In a perfect scenario, we trade that second round pick and a late rounder for Gaither and then trade down with our 1st round pick. This assures us of our NT with Dan Williams, Mount Cody or Cam Thomas as one of them will still be on the board later in the first round.

djjimkelly
03-14-2010, 10:31 PM
i would not trade any of the first 3 round picks ever under this new system of 6 years till a player is an UFA

jpdex12
03-15-2010, 05:26 PM
i would not trade any of the first 3 round picks ever under this new system of 6 years till a player is an UFA

?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-16-2010, 07:04 AM
Bills make a good trade partner in that they are not a playoff threat. If the trade has any potential, Mr. Nix should be one the phone. They can have a player of ours to sweeten the pot....Lynch, Whitner, Edwards, Maybin....take your pick.