PDA

View Full Version : No other visits for Kennedy yet

The Spaz
03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Bills free agent visitor Jimmy Kennedy just spoke with Buffalobills.com and the WNY media. He said at this point in time he has no other visits lined up… yet.

Kennedy made it sound as if he was going to really hear the Bills out on what they have to offer him in terms of role, playing time and obviously contract. When I asked him if he had any other free agent visits lined up he left the door open.

“I’m not sure,” he said. ”I’m taking it one team at a time, but I definitely have some interest out there. If things don’t work out here, we’ll be setting up to go to the next team. As of right now I don’t think it would be fair to Buffalo or wherever I go to say in three weeks I’ll be going to see ‘x’ team. So I’m keeping an open mind to see what it is that they can offer and the way I feel and if I’m comfortable here and I’ll take it from there.”

Kennedy said he is not ruling out returning to Minnesota.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/12/no-other-visits-for-kennedy-yet/

ZAZusmc03
03-12-2010, 12:08 PM
He might as well come out and say he is looking for a big contract.

Beebe's Kid
03-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Is that a secret? In a thin free agent market, he, being a first round draft choice, is coming off of his best year, in which he proved to be an effective reserve. There have been multiple teams that have shown interest.

What is he supposed to do? Donate his services? Everybody understands the game is a business if a team doesn't keep somebody, but if a player wants the money, they are some how out of line?

I wouldn't expect him to say he wanted $$, but he was talking about wanting to win a ring or two. I am not, at all, saying we might not do that soon, but with what posters feel is our "reputation" around the league, doesn't this seem like an odd place to look for the ring?

Bosco
03-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Maybe he is just interested in another free meal ?

TigerJ
03-12-2010, 11:18 PM
It would not be a surprise to learn he wants wo earn a big paycheck. I also heard an interview on the radio where he stated he wants to go to a team that is going to be a winner, a playoff contender. After a decade of futility, the new staff of the Bills has its work cut out for it trying to convince guys like Kennedy they can build a winner before he retires.

SABURZFAN
03-13-2010, 02:25 AM
i heard on the radio that Pat Williams put the bug in his ear about Bills fans and how he really didn't want to leave Buffalo. i thought i also heard something said on the radio about Kennedy meeting with some of the coaches. if so, it's nice to see that people are moving and taking their jobs serious. let's be sure he has what it takes to plug the NT spot.

Night Train
03-13-2010, 06:27 AM

He is.. but as Sam Adams found out 7 years ago, he was dreaming and had to sign for less after waiting a couple weeks for more teams (in vain) to come forward.

This reality check happens all the time. Whether he signs here or not is still in question but the Bills or any team with an ounce of common sense will not overpay.

scartown
03-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Well it looks like he left Buffalo unsigned per Tim Graham.

Syderick
03-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Kennedy visits Bills with eye on starting job:

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/12/986191/kennedy-visits-bills-with-eye.html

ZAZusmc03
03-13-2010, 10:56 AM
I think every competitive player is looking at proving themselves as a starter, But his opportunity here to be a starter is a lot better than most other teams. I think he would fit perfectly and would be our best acquisition in this years FA, despite what we might do later on. I'd love to see the deal get done and bring him into Buffalo.