• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Bills to give "strong consideration" to drafting Trent Williams at 9

Beat writer Mark Gaughan expects the Bills to give "strong consideration" to drafting Oklahoma OT Trent Williams with the No. 9 pick.

Iowa's Bryan Bulaga and Rutgers' Anthony Davis will also be on Buffalo's radar, but Williams might be the safest pick as a "low floor" prospect with the ability to play both tackle spots. Williams has also had a terrific offseason.
    Quote is from rotoworld.com
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Re: Bills to give "strong consideration" to drafting Trent Williams at 9

Err, alright? I don't want to speculate on speculation.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
      I think his stock rose from his combine results, and he may have answered more minds that he can play LT.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Honestly, I think a lot has been made about Trent Williams having a poor senior year.

Mike Mayock had a whole segment on him on Path to the Draft and was saying how Trent Williams had an excellent senior year at LT. Never once mentioned a drop off in play from junior to senior.

Mayock also thinks Trent Williams goes top 10 as well as Bulaga.

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

The Bills need to use at least one of their first two picks on Offensive Tackle. I don't want another "project" in Buffalo, I want a player that can be an instant upgrade and start from Day 1 with the ninth pick. If Williams fits both those bills at #9 than pick him.
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
            • Jan 2010

i like trent williams and would be happy with him but we must pick up a 2 gap nt in either round 1 or round 2 with cody or thomas...

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
              Honestly, I think a lot has been made about Trent Williams having a poor senior year.

Mike Mayock had a whole segment on him on Path to the Draft and was saying how Trent Williams had an excellent senior year at LT. Never once mentioned a drop off in play from junior to senior.

Mayock also thinks Trent Williams goes top 10 as well as Bulaga.
              What I like about him is his nastiness at times. I think he needs technique work, like they all do, but is more polished than Davis or Campbell. Bulaga is very polished and is probably best in the group that way, but next would be either Okung or Williams IMO.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                i like trent williams and would be happy with him but we must pick up a 2 gap nt in either round 1 or round 2 with cody or thomas...
                I think LT with the 9th overall will have to be the way they have to go. Most, if not all, of the best LT prospects will be gone by their 2nd round pick. As for NT, they could get Cam Thomas in the 2nd or Linval Joseph in the 3rd.

Comment

• BillsMan80
                  Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                  • Jul 2002

And the beat goes on if this happens as has for the last 10 years of reaching for marginal talent to fill needs...
                  The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                  THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal
                    I think LT with the 9th overall will have to be the way they have to go. Most, if not all, of the best LT prospects will be gone by their 2nd round pick. As for NT, they could get Cam Thomas in the 2nd or Linval Joseph in the 3rd.
                    thats a good point. and if we are going with trent edwards and a run based offense, we need to give edwards as much protection as possible so he can relax...

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      • Jan 2010

who is the better player? t williams or d williams?

Comment

• BillsMan80
                        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                        • Jul 2002

The only LT in this draft with the production, potential, and overall combination of everything worthy of the 9th pick in this draft is Okung...anyone else and we are severly emphasizing need over value.
                        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                          who is the better player? t williams or d williams?
                          IMO, I would go with Dan. I don't think either is worth the 9 pick, but either could in fact be taken because of our needs.

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BillsMan80
                            And the beat goes on if this happens as has for the last 10 years of reaching for marginal talent to fill needs...

Exactly...I would really be mad if this guy is our 1st. pick.
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              • Jan 2010

if we go big in this draft which i think they will be doing. i see us going

t williams
                              t cody
                              cj wilson

with our first 3 picks....

Comment

Working...
                              X