PDA

View Full Version : here is the problem....

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2010, 04:06 PM
for the sake of discussion lets just say this is the draft before 9..

1 rams - bradford
2 lions - suh
3 bucs - mccoy
4 skins - okung
5 chiefs- bulaga
6 hawks- clausen
7 browns - d bryant
8 raiders- t williams
9 bills- ??

this seems like a very plausible mock

with a davis, d williams, r mcclain, cj spiller, who do we take?

it has to be a davis right? then take t cody in rd 2?

X-Era
03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
for the sake of discussion lets just say this is the draft before 9..

1 rams - bradford
2 lions - suh
3 bucs - mccoy
4 skins - okung
5 chiefs- bulaga
6 hawks- clausen
7 browns - d bryant
8 raiders- t williams
9 bills- ??

this seems like a very plausible mock

with a davis, d williams, r mcclain, cj spiller, who do we take?

it has to be a davis right? then take t cody in rd 2?

Its possible, but I don't think its likely, teams know how good Berry is and Haden hurt himself a bit at the combine but is still a great talent at a very highly coveted position.

Anyways, I would go with probably Spiller, but Berry would be the highest ranked player on my board at that point.

Mr. Pink
03-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Out of your choices, the pick should be McClain.

The real pick here should be Eric Berry though seeing for some reason he's still available in your mock up.

X-Era
03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Out of your choices, the pick should be McClain.

The real pick here should be Eric Berry though seeing for some reason he's still available in your mock up.

Totally missed it. McClain would be my pick.

Ed
03-12-2010, 04:24 PM
No way I take Davis. He seems like the type of player that's going to be a total bust.

I voted for Spiller because I think he's the best player available at that point and would give us a true playmaker on offense. Plus, it sounds like the Bills want to trade Lynch, which I'm also not opposed to.

I would understand if we took Dan Williams, but I'd be a little dissapointed because I feel like that would be a slight reach. Plus if we sign Kennedy, I don't think NT is as critical of a need. And I prefer the idea of taking a NT in rounds 2-4.

Ideally though, my first choice in this scenario would be to try and trade back to get more picks. If Berry did in fact fall to #9 I would think there would have to be someone willing to trade up.

I used to be high on McClain, but he seems to be dropping, and if we are going to keep Mitchell then there's really no point in drafting an ILB at #9.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2010, 04:36 PM
in reality it comes down to spiller and a davis, becasue d williams is a reach and we can get a quality nt in rd 2 or 3. mcclain doesnt make much sense because we already have poz and mitchell... id go for spiller but wouldnt be upset with a davis, he is the best run blocker in this draft...

SirMcGee
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Anybody but Spiller and Dan Williams. No problem with WIlliams as a prospect, but not that high.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
If, if , if, we trade lynch, then we must take cj spiller. this could happen on draft day...

TedMock
03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Given the choices I would take McClain. I notice Derek Morgan isn't taken by 9. He would most likely be my pick in that case, but I would still be happy with McClain.

Crisis
03-12-2010, 08:26 PM
berry

JCBills
03-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Trade back!

RoscoeMagic
03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Give me Dan Williams even if see sign Kennedy.

Spiller can't do anything without a line, plus we already have Freddy and Marshawn in the backfield, and who knows how Gailey will use Parrish.

Anthony Davis? No.

McClain's a possibility, but as far as I'm concerned, we need a NT more than an ILB.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Why is everyone so hard on a davis? the dude is the best run blocker and has a huge wingspan. hes a solid pass protector... he would be a solid pick..

Jaybird
03-12-2010, 10:21 PM
E Berry is going when?

I would trade down to a team willing to give up a ton for berry

RoscoeMagic
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Why is everyone so hard on a davis? the dude is the best run blocker and has a huge wingspan. hes a solid pass protector... he would be a solid pick..

The dude is also a fat slob who has no love for the game and struggled mightily from the left side last season. If he goes to a dysfunctional franchise, he will be a backup guard or out of the league in 4 years. We are dysfunctional, he won't care. If he goes to a good team, maybe he can get motivated and play to his abilities, the kid has all the talent in the world.

Went to HS in the adjacent town from mine, I had friends go up against him. I'm also a Rutgers fan.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2010, 10:38 PM
The dude is also a fat slob who has no love for the game and struggled mightily from the left side last season. If he goes to a dysfunctional franchise, he will be a backup guard or out of the league in 4 years. We are dysfunctional, he won't care. If he goes to a good team, maybe he can get motivated and play to his abilities, the kid has all the talent in the world.

Went to HS in the adjacent town from mine, I had friends go up against him. I'm also a Rutgers fan.

would u draft him, or would u draft t williams?

PECKERWOOD
03-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Trent Williams over Anthony Davis any day of the week, OU has put out quality OL players over the last 2 years and Trent Williams will be no different.

SABURZFAN
03-13-2010, 02:33 AM
i hate to say it but Berry is supposedly too good to pass up. i'm starting to feel sick that i'd take S over a Lineman. :ill:

TRADE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Night Train
03-13-2010, 06:24 AM
It would come down to Dan Williams and CJ Spiller. Williams is not a reach at all.

ZAZusmc03
03-13-2010, 11:00 AM
If Berry is still on the board, we are looking at getting a ton of value to trade down. Teams would give their left testicle to bring in a talent like him. I see that as best case scenario there, swapping 1st rounders with the team that wants him and picking up an additional 2nd with more involved. That would have a ridiculous impact on our draft, allowing us to get that much more talent this year as opposed to waiting for next years draft. If Berry was still there, It would be guaranteed trade back or taking him.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I would trade down a spot or two and pick up McClain or Spiller (then I'd trade Marshawn for another pick or two) in the end we pick up a few draft picks and still get a stud, which worst case would be Dan Williams (don't even want to think about Davis)

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2010, 12:33 PM
mcclain if marshawn stays on the roster and spiller if he is traded.

JCBills
03-13-2010, 12:34 PM

No-show at his workouts, had to be forced into it later. That's not what you want in a top 10 pick.

JCBills
03-13-2010, 12:35 PM
i hate to say it but Berry is supposedly too good to pass up. i'm starting to feel sick that i'd take S over a Lineman. :ill:

TRADE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, especially in this scenario, that #9 pick is as valuable as a top 5 pick to a lot of teams with Berry there.