X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Spencer Johnson?

I think the guy can really excel as a 3-4 DE. At 6-3 he's long enough, and just would maybe have to put on some more muscle and trim down some fat.

In all honesty, I wouldn't have too big of a problem if he was starting opening day. Kelsay is a square peg in a round hole in this system, I don't know why we are keeping him around. Unless Edwards does not run a base 3-4, and maybe he is going to switch to a 4-3 in the middle of games. I think we can be versatile, but what does everyone think about Johnson? Would you be mad if he was the starter (across from Stroud) opening day?
    Internet Breeds Complacency.
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
    • Jan 2010

Re: Spencer Johnson?

i dont see any difference in athletic ability or skill set from gabe northern and sam rogers compared to aaron schobel and chris kelsay... aaron maybin could become a pass rushing force if he gets stronger...

Comment

• gonzo1105
      • Jul 2002

It wouldn't surprise me if we are going to run the variation of the 3-4 that the Cowboys run. Their NT doesn't have to be big because in their variation the NT is a one gap player which is why Jay Ratliff has been so successful in the 3-4 there despite being undersized. I think thats why Williams will still be the NT

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by gonzo1105
        It wouldn't surprise me if we are going to run the variation of the 3-4 that the Cowboys run. Their NT doesn't have to be big because in their variation the NT is a one gap player which is why Jay Ratliff has been so successful in the 3-4 there despite being undersized. I think thats why Williams will still be the NT
        I agree, Chan has said that there is more than one version of the 3-4 & Edwards knows how to run them all. The Bills on defense will run a system to suit the players they have, the same as on offense.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Spencer Johnson is garbage.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I don't know how Johnson will convert to a 3-4 end but he does knock down passes and slice into the backfield to make plays.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

From what I saw of SJ last year, he had better get his ass into shape. He would be sucking air after a play of two.

That is going to come to light as being a big issue with last year's team. They were so out of shape it was ridiculous. Hopefully the new regime stresses the importance of endurance.

Comment

Working...
              X