PDA

View Full Version : I'm mixed on Tebow. Not A #9 PICK BUT...

jpdex12
03-13-2010, 08:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPsSuPPXgw&NR=1

He has a certain label to him unfortunately. I am a fan of him because of his leadership qualities and his pure love for the game and competitive nature. I worry about what all of the naysayers question him about. No doubt he is a runner more than a passer but his completion percentages have always been high and he can pass from the pocket or on the run.

He is accurate and can throw the deep ball.

Is he really as bad as people say he is? Mechanics are not great but were Phillip Rivers' mechanics good? NO, and look at where he is today...

I just don't know, but I think that I would have to trust OBD, Nix and Company if they pull the trigger.

DynaPaul
03-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Do you really trust OBD after the last 10 years?

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 10:48 AM
If anyone can make Tebow a star in the NFL it's Gailey and Cortez. If anyone can determine if this is possible it's Nix. Not saying they can put a team together, but they certainly will make the right call in terms of Tebow.

Novacane
03-13-2010, 11:00 AM
If anyone can make Tebow a star in the NFL it's Gailey and Cortez. If anyone can determine if this is possible it's Nix. Not saying they can put a team together, but they certainly will make the right call in terms of Tebow.

:rofl: When you use the term "if anyone" it pretty much states Gailey, Cortez, and Nix are the best at what they do. If you want to be optimistic that's your business but that post is taking homerism to an all new level. If anyone can do it our guys can............... :roflmao: Come on man.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 11:06 AM
:rofl: When you use the term "if anyone" it pretty much states Gailey, Cortez, and Nix are the best at what they do. If you want to be optimistic that's your business but that post is taking homerism to an all new level. If anyone can do it our guys can............... :roflmao: Come on man.
You see what Gailey has done with QBs like Tebow? Turned scrubs into effective playmakers at the QB position and Nix has been a SICK college talent evaluator.

Novacane
03-13-2010, 11:56 AM
You see what Gailey has done with QBs like Tebow? Turned scrubs into effective playmakers at the QB position and Nix has been a SICK college talent evaluator.

No I have not. Please tell me who these QB's are that Gailey has turned into stars?

Nix was around in SanDeigo when they had some good drafts so now he is a SICK talent evaluator? OMG. I'll give him some credit but the facts are none of us know how much he deserves. He was not the one calling the shots. Do any of us know what went on inside thier draft room? NO we don't. For all we know Nix may have wanted to draft other players and been outvoted.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 12:06 PM
No I have not. Please tell me who these QB's are that Gailey has turned into stars?

Nix was around in SanDeigo when they had some good drafts so now he is a SICK talent evaluator? OMG. I'll give him some credit but the facts are none of us know how much he deserves. He was not the one calling the shots. Do any of us know what went on inside thier draft room? NO we don't. For all we know Nix may have wanted to draft other players and been outvoted.
John Elway, Kordell Stewart, made Reggie Ball something out of nothing, Jay Fiedler, Tyler Thigpen....these guys (with the exception of Elway) may not be the best QBs, but Gailey alwasy got the most out of them

btw if Nix wasn't influential in the war room he wouldn't have been working for A.J. Smith and John Butler between 1993-2008

better days
03-13-2010, 12:08 PM

While not a star, Kordell Stuart had his best seasons when Chan was his coach.

DraftBoy
03-13-2010, 12:53 PM
John Elway, Kordell Stewart, made Reggie Ball something out of nothing, Jay Fiedler, Tyler Thigpen....these guys (with the exception of Elway) may not be the best QBs, but Gailey alwasy got the most out of them

btw if Nix wasn't influential in the war room he wouldn't have been working for A.J. Smith and John Butler between 1993-2008

Reggie Ball was a very good HS ball player

jpdex12
03-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Do you really trust OBD after the last 10 years?

well, no more than any of the rest of you out there but what else do we have to rely on?

I have to say that these are just highlights in this youtube video and don't show any of his blunders but he certainly has enough credentials to put him anywhere from round 2-4. I think that his mechanics are being blown out of proportion. I really can't wait to see how he does in the NFL.

jpdex12
03-13-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't remember anyone that has done so much in college football getting trashed so much before they get drafted. This guy is getting nut kicked by every analyst out there. You'd think that he was an under acviever in college that people were slamming because he was being ranked to high in the draft ranking.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Reggie Ball was a very good HS ball player
well that's how he got to GT, but was he necessarily as good as his performance in college?? Na, Calvin Johnson, Tashard Choice, and Chan Gailey had more to do with that

Commissioner
03-13-2010, 09:07 PM
I don't remember anyone that has done so much in college football getting trashed so much before they get drafted. This guy is getting nut kicked by every analyst out there. You'd think that he was an under acviever in college that people were slamming because he was being ranked to high in the draft ranking.

That usually happens to people who have achieved what he has... people look for things to nit pick at .... and exaggerate any flaw.

I was really torn about Tebow... mostly because I probably listened to his critics too much or took them too seriously. I think he's a rare competitor... the type of football player you would want to be the face of your franchise. He wants to win and be successful so bad you can feel it, and says he appreciates the critics because it makes him work even harder.

I will not be upset if the Bills use #9 on him... cause I believe Gailey knows how to use QB's.

Would the Bills allow him to wear #15 though?

PECKERWOOD
03-13-2010, 09:36 PM
I'd consider Tebow in the 3rd round, but not in the 1st or 2nd.

casdhf
03-13-2010, 09:38 PM
I think Tebow will have a Losman type career. He'll be a community hero, a great NFLer, and a lousy QB.

Commissioner
03-13-2010, 09:42 PM
I'd consider Tebow in the 3rd round, but not in the 1st or 2nd.

Then in your opinion his talent is only worth a 3rd round or later selection....

I think he's got 1st round potential....

I think we need a good DT very badly as well as an OT... but I think we need a franchise QB just as bad.

I think he's a low risk pick... meaning i think there's a high probability he will be successful.

Commissioner
03-13-2010, 09:44 PM
I think Tebow will have a Losman type career. He'll be a community hero, a great NFLer, and a lousy QB.

Why would you equate him with Losman?

casdhf
03-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Why would you equate him with Losman? Because Losman, for all his on the field faults, was the perfect guy off the field. I think Tebow will have a similar career. I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I said in the first post?

PECKERWOOD
03-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Then in your opinion his talent is only worth a 3rd round or later selection....

I think he's got 1st round potential....

I think we need a good DT very badly as well as an OT... but I think we need a franchise QB just as bad.

I think he's a low risk pick... meaning i think there's a high probability he will be successful.
It's true that we need a franchise QB, but Tebow would fail miserably here. We have no receivers that match his style of quarterbacking and he would get absolutely pummeled behind our line. He may be a good fit for some team in the 2nd round, but just not for Buffalo, imo. Also, he is not a low risk pick, he is a high risk, high reward pick.

Commissioner
03-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Because Losman, for all his on the field faults, was the perfect guy off the field. I think Tebow will have a similar career. I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I said in the first post?

I don't care what they do off the field... Losman went to Tulane and never played in a big game. Tebow is a light years a head of Losman at that age.

Bert102176
03-14-2010, 09:13 AM
I would take him in rd 2 not sure he will be there in rd 3 but ifit were me drafting I would draft dez bryant at 9 and tebow rd 2 then rd 3 either LT, NT, or OLB

Bert102176
03-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Tebow reminds me of Flutie a guy that can get his teamates to play hard for him and we need that

Dr. Who
03-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I would draft a LT in the first, a DT in the second (T. Williams and Cody), then try to get back into the late second to take Tebow. If we wait for the third, I think Jacksonville finds a way to jump ahead of us. Given time, Tebow will be good. I'd start Brohm for a year or two, use Tebow as a Wildcat and let him progress. For those who don't think our WR corps is good enough, you have to project a WR corps in two or three years -- that's when Tebow will be ready to start.

tampabay25690
03-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I would draft a LT in the first, a DT in the second (T. Williams and Cody), then try to get back into the late second to take Tebow. If we wait for the third, I think Jacksonville finds a way to jump ahead of us. Given time, Tebow will be good. I'd start Brohm for a year or two, use Tebow as a Wildcat and let him progress. For those who don't think our WR corps is good enough, you have to project a WR corps in two or three years -- that's when Tebow will be ready to start.

You guys talk about 2nd and 3rd round....
Lets see what happens at his PRO day remember EVERY single NFL team will be at FL to see the Pro day.

If Tim has a good day he will probably be selected late 1st round or who knows early 1st round....If he has a pro day then yes we can talk later rounds.....There will be a GM and owner that will luv this guy and draft him no matter where it is in the draft. I could see MINNESOTA late in the 1st grab Tim and pair him up with Percy harvin again......I can see Buffalo drafting him at #9 as well........

We can talk about TIM after his Pro day.

Dr. Who
03-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Fair enough. Look, I want Tim Tebow on the Bills. Right now, I think you can get him in the second. If that changes, I find a way to get him in the first. Happy with that?

jpdex12
03-14-2010, 11:42 AM
That usually happens to people who have achieved what he has... people look for things to nit pick at .... and exaggerate any flaw.

I was really torn about Tebow... mostly because I probably listened to his critics too much or took them too seriously. I think he's a rare competitor... the type of football player you would want to be the face of your franchise. He wants to win and be successful so bad you can feel it, and says he appreciates the critics because it makes him work even harder.

I will not be upset if the Bills use #9 on him... cause I believe Gailey knows how to use QB's.

Would the Bills allow him to wear #15 though?

Well said!

better days
03-14-2010, 02:29 PM
You guys talk about 2nd and 3rd round....
Lets see what happens at his PRO day remember EVERY single NFL team will be at FL to see the Pro day.

If Tim has a good day he will probably be selected late 1st round or who knows early 1st round....If he has a pro day then yes we can talk later rounds.....There will be a GM and owner that will luv this guy and draft him no matter where it is in the draft. I could see MINNESOTA late in the 1st grab Tim and pair him up with Percy harvin again......I can see Buffalo drafting him at #9 as well........

We can talk about TIM after his Pro day.

I don't see the Jags letting him slip away. They NEED him to sell tickets.

Mr. Pink
03-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I wonder if Eric Crouch can still play!

Lets sign him up!

better days
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I would take him in rd 2 not sure he will be there in rd 3 but ifit were me drafting I would draft dez bryant at 9 and tebow rd 2 then rd 3 either LT, NT, or OLB

Kiper is now calling for him to go in the 2nd. He had him as a 3rd or 4th before, & everyone knows how little Kiper thinks of him. I doubt Tebow will be there when the Bills pick in the 2nd rnd. I can't believe you would pick Dez Bryant with his known problems at #9.

Bert102176
03-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Kiper is now calling for him to go in the 2nd. He had him as a 3rd or 4th before, & everyone knows how little Kiper thinks of him. I doubt Tebow will be there when the Bills pick in the 2nd rnd. I can't believe you would pick Dez Bryant with his known problems at #9.

Dez is a very good player

better days
03-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Dez is a very good player

He also signed on with Parker to be his agent. Parker is the agent that held out the 49ers #1 pick Michael Crabtree last year & is known to be very hard to deal with. No thanks at #9. I would take Spiller over him any day.