I'm mixed on Tebow. Not A #9 PICK BUT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

I'm mixed on Tebow. Not A #9 PICK BUT...

He has a certain label to him unfortunately. I am a fan of him because of his leadership qualities and his pure love for the game and competitive nature. I worry about what all of the naysayers question him about. No doubt he is a runner more than a passer but his completion percentages have always been high and he can pass from the pocket or on the run.

He is accurate and can throw the deep ball.

Is he really as bad as people say he is? Mechanics are not great but were Phillip Rivers' mechanics good? NO, and look at where he is today...

I just don't know, but I think that I would have to trust OBD, Nix and Company if they pull the trigger.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: I'm mixed on Tebow. Not A #9 PICK BUT...

Do you really trust OBD after the last 10 years?

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

If anyone can make Tebow a star in the NFL it's Gailey and Cortez. If anyone can determine if this is possible it's Nix. Not saying they can put a team together, but they certainly will make the right call in terms of Tebow.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
        If anyone can make Tebow a star in the NFL it's Gailey and Cortez. If anyone can determine if this is possible it's Nix. Not saying they can put a team together, but they certainly will make the right call in terms of Tebow.

When you use the term "if anyone" it pretty much states Gailey, Cortez, and Nix are the best at what they do. If you want to be optimistic that's your business but that post is taking homerism to an all new level. If anyone can do it our guys can............... Come on man.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Novacane
          When you use the term "if anyone" it pretty much states Gailey, Cortez, and Nix are the best at what they do. If you want to be optimistic that's your business but that post is taking homerism to an all new level. If anyone can do it our guys can............... Come on man.
          You see what Gailey has done with QBs like Tebow? Turned scrubs into effective playmakers at the QB position and Nix has been a SICK college talent evaluator.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

You see what Gailey has done with QBs like Tebow? Turned scrubs into effective playmakers at the QB position and Nix has been a SICK college talent evaluator.

No I have not. Please tell me who these QB's are that Gailey has turned into stars?

Nix was around in SanDeigo when they had some good drafts so now he is a SICK talent evaluator? OMG. I'll give him some credit but the facts are none of us know how much he deserves. He was not the one calling the shots. Do any of us know what went on inside thier draft room? NO we don't. For all we know Nix may have wanted to draft other players and been outvoted.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
              !?!?!?!?!?
              • Mar 2006

No I have not. Please tell me who these QB's are that Gailey has turned into stars?

Nix was around in SanDeigo when they had some good drafts so now he is a SICK talent evaluator? OMG. I'll give him some credit but the facts are none of us know how much he deserves. He was not the one calling the shots. Do any of us know what went on inside thier draft room? NO we don't. For all we know Nix may have wanted to draft other players and been outvoted.
              John Elway, Kordell Stewart, made Reggie Ball something out of nothing, Jay Fiedler, Tyler Thigpen....these guys (with the exception of Elway) may not be the best QBs, but Gailey alwasy got the most out of them

btw if Nix wasn't influential in the war room he wouldn't have been working for A.J. Smith and John Butler between 1993-2008

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

While not a star, Kordell Stuart had his best seasons when Chan was his coach.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

John Elway, Kordell Stewart, made Reggie Ball something out of nothing, Jay Fiedler, Tyler Thigpen....these guys (with the exception of Elway) may not be the best QBs, but Gailey alwasy got the most out of them

btw if Nix wasn't influential in the war room he wouldn't have been working for A.J. Smith and John Butler between 1993-2008

Reggie Ball was a very good HS ball player
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                    Do you really trust OBD after the last 10 years?
                    well, no more than any of the rest of you out there but what else do we have to rely on?

I have to say that these are just highlights in this youtube video and don't show any of his blunders but he certainly has enough credentials to put him anywhere from round 2-4. I think that his mechanics are being blown out of proportion. I really can't wait to see how he does in the NFL.

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

I don't remember anyone that has done so much in college football getting trashed so much before they get drafted. This guy is getting nut kicked by every analyst out there. You'd think that he was an under acviever in college that people were slamming because he was being ranked to high in the draft ranking.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                        !?!?!?!?!?
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Reggie Ball was a very good HS ball player
                        well that's how he got to GT, but was he necessarily as good as his performance in college?? Na, Calvin Johnson, Tashard Choice, and Chan Gailey had more to do with that

Comment

• Commissioner
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by jpdex12
                          I don't remember anyone that has done so much in college football getting trashed so much before they get drafted. This guy is getting nut kicked by every analyst out there. You'd think that he was an under acviever in college that people were slamming because he was being ranked to high in the draft ranking.
                          That usually happens to people who have achieved what he has... people look for things to nit pick at .... and exaggerate any flaw.

I was really torn about Tebow... mostly because I probably listened to his critics too much or took them too seriously. I think he's a rare competitor... the type of football player you would want to be the face of your franchise. He wants to win and be successful so bad you can feel it, and says he appreciates the critics because it makes him work even harder.

I will not be upset if the Bills use #9 on him... cause I believe Gailey knows how to use QB's.

Would the Bills allow him to wear #15 though?
                          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

I'd consider Tebow in the 3rd round, but not in the 1st or 2nd.

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

I think Tebow will have a Losman type career. He'll be a community hero, a great NFLer, and a lousy QB.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X