PDA

View Full Version : Robitaille sets careful pace in recuperation

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Mike Robitaille is a picture of health on television commercials that air daily on local stations.

He advises men where to get treated for prostate issues, explains where to get dental implants and tells customers what cheese to buy. But those commercials were filmed some time before the Buffalo Sabres studio analyst was seriously injured Feb. 3.

On his way to a Sabres game, he had stopped at a light on Oak Street when a a car behind him rammed his BMW, which hit the car in front of him, Robitaille said. Almost instantly, he knew he was in trouble.

“I couldn’t move my arms; I couldn’t move my legs,” he said. “My nose was itchy, I couldn’t scratch my nose. I couldn’t get my cell phone. I couldn’t do anything. ... I knew it was spinal. My arms and legs — there was nothing there.
Some feeling returned later that night, but so did pain and fears. Five weeks later, after Dr. Kevin Gibbons — the same neurosurgeon who treated Bills tight end Kevin Everett — attached his vertebrae to a metal rod, Robitaille walks slowly with a cane, wears a neck brace and is on painkillers.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/12/986285/robitaille-sets-careful-pace-in.html

G Wolly
03-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Good to hear he's feeling better, but I like Danny Gare paired with Kevin better.

CuseJetsFan83
03-13-2010, 11:52 PM
i still miss mike, but i do like danny's insight

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Take your time, I like Gare. Next time will you crash into Harry Neale's car?