• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Robitaille sets careful pace in recuperation

Mike Robitaille is a picture of health on television commercials that air daily on local stations.

He advises men where to get treated for prostate issues, explains where to get dental implants and tells customers what cheese to buy. But those commercials were filmed some time before the Buffalo Sabres studio analyst was seriously injured Feb. 3.

On his way to a Sabres game, he had stopped at a light on Oak Street when a a car behind him rammed his BMW, which hit the car in front of him, Robitaille said. Almost instantly, he knew he was in trouble.

“I couldn’t move my arms; I couldn’t move my legs,” he said. “My nose was itchy, I couldn’t scratch my nose. I couldn’t get my cell phone. I couldn’t do anything. ... I knew it was spinal. My arms and legs — there was nothing there.
    Some feeling returned later that night, but so did pain and fears. Five weeks later, after Dr. Kevin Gibbons — the same neurosurgeon who treated Bills tight end Kevin Everett — attached his vertebrae to a metal rod, Robitaille walks slowly with a cane, wears a neck brace and is on painkillers.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Re: Robitaille sets careful pace in recuperation

Good to hear he's feeling better, but I like Danny Gare paired with Kevin better.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
      Closet Bills Fan
      • Nov 2004

i still miss mike, but i do like danny's insight

j-e-t-s
      jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

Take your time, I like Gare. Next time will you crash into Harry Neale's car?

Comment

Working...
        X