PDA

View Full Version : Delhomme signs with Browns

Slim
03-13-2010, 04:53 PM
They will probably still draft a QB at some point in April but it makes you wonder if they will address another need in the first.

DraftBoy
03-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Look for Quinn to potentially be released now.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 04:59 PM
now that would be messed up, I'd trade a 4th for him because chances are his potential is just as great as any 4th rounder...that might not be saying much, but this guy surely was stuck in a tough system....would Quinn be my preferred route to go at the QB position though?? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

Slim
03-13-2010, 05:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing. If Quinn isn't off the roster by draft day than i think it's pretty obvious that Holmgren see's something he likes in Quinn and will groom him for a season or two under Jake.

DraftBoy
03-13-2010, 05:03 PM
now that would be messed up, I'd trade a 4th for him because chances are his potential is just as great as any 4th rounder...that might not be saying much, but this guy surely was stuck in a tough system....would Quinn be my preferred route to go at the QB position though?? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

I wouldnt offer anything for him, Id sit and wait at this moment. Why offer a pick when you can get him for free?

Slim
03-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I wouldnt offer anything for him, Id sit and wait at this moment. Why offer a pick when you can get him for free?

Agreed with Seneca and Delhomme now on the roster Quinn most likely gets cut.

Slim
03-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm looking at a few Browns forums and they all seem pretty happy with this move. I would be livid if the Bills would have signed Delhomme.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Well of course I agree w/ u I'd just be surprised that they'd cut a former first rounder so early in his career when he hasn't been given a fair shot at succeeding

will we even have competition getting Quinn if we want him??

maybe Kansas City w/ Weis??

Slim
03-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Well of course I agree w/ u I'd just be surprised that they'd cut a former first rounder so early in his career when he hasn't been given a fair shot at succeeding

will we even have competition getting Quinn if we want him??

maybe Kansas City w/ Weis??

The KC suggestion is a good one. Patience is wearing thin with Cassel.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 05:28 PM
The KC suggestion is a good one. Patience is wearing thin with Cassle.
Personally, I thought Cassel was a product of Bellichick and not as talented as he seemed. I mean he had not played a football game since HIGH SCHOOL!! Now the closest thing Cassel will get to Bellichick is Weis so we'll see what happens there. Plus they do have Brodie Croyle who of late has shown some potential. We'll see what goes down.

RockStar36
03-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Delhomme + Browns = Awful disaster.

I can't wait.

Slim
03-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Delhomme + Browns = Awful disaster.

I can't wait.

I agree. And most Browns fans seem to be delighted by the move.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10629

RockStar36
03-13-2010, 05:59 PM
I agree. And most Browns fans seem to be delighted by the move.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10629

:rofl:

SABURZFAN
03-13-2010, 06:22 PM
i'm glad the Bills didn't go after this guy. i'm content with the fact that we're stuck with this QB mess. this team needs to address the defense. they could do that by using the money saved for getting rid of Peters and Walker last year and be somewhat competitive.

Ickybaluky
03-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Brady Quinn is definitely gone. The Delhomme signing is just another indication. Quinn has already put his house in Cleveland up for sale.

I don't think Quinn gets released, he still has some value. Someone will give up a late round pick for him. I could see KC, Carolina and maybe even Arizona having interest.

Then the Browns will draft a QB this year and develop him while Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace battle for the job in camp.

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Brady Quinn is definitely gone. The Delhomme signing is just another indication. Quinn has already put his house in Cleveland up for sale.

I don't think Quinn gets released, he still has some value. Someone will give up a late round pick for him. I could see KC, Carolina and maybe even Arizona having interest.

Then the Browns will draft a QB this year and develop him while Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace battle for the job in camp.
Sounds like Tim Tebow or Dan Lefouvre to me.

Yasgur's Farm
03-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Sounds like Tim Tebow or Dan Lefouvre to me.Problem is... The Browns may be thinking the same thing... And they draft before us in each round.

Slim
03-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Problem is... The Browns may be thinking the same thing... And they draft before us in each round.

He is saying that is what the Browns are thinking.

YardRat
03-13-2010, 06:41 PM
The Browns now have a solid vet/mentor, somewhat proven back-up/caretaker, and all they need is a rookie to groom for the future. Quinn is history there.

I would literally do back-flips if Cleveland jumped on Clausen in the first, or Tebow in the second.

SABURZFAN
03-13-2010, 06:48 PM
i hope the Browns take Tebow. i don't want to see him in a Bills uni unless it's a 4th round draft pick.

tampabay25690
03-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Indeed

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
the browns is a perfect name for them. they stink and are going to keep stinking. the cleveland skid marks

YardRat
03-13-2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/03/his_browns_career_at_an_end_th.html

Brady Quinn's star-crossed career with the Browns is all but over. He has no future with the team and will be traded or released, possibly as soon as this week.

It's hard to believe that a quarterback drafted No. 22 overall in 2007 could be finished with his first team after three years and 12 starts, but that's life in the NFL.

Buffalo isn't mentioned as a possible landing spot.

PECKERWOOD
03-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Was kind of hoping we'd sign him, but apparently not.

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2010, 11:05 PM
so im pretty drunk but damn it seems like this should def make it easier to land quinn..

jamze132
03-14-2010, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't mind bringing in Quinn to compete with Edwards and Brohm. But something tells me Gailey and Nix have other plans for a QB. I just hope they are right.