PDA

View Full Version : PECKERWOOD's 1st Round Mock v1.0

PECKERWOOD
03-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Round 1

1. St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, OU (You don't pass on the chance of adding a top signal caller for a DT, I don't care how good he is.)
2. Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska (Backus may not be elite, but he is servicable and same could be said for Corey Williams, however, Corey Williams isn't exactly a great run stuffer, either, thus it makes sense for Detroit to fix their abyssmal run defense of last year by adding a true play maker on their line.)
3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, OU (Easily the best player available on the board, plus it fills a need at the same time, obvious choice, McCoy is their guy here.)
4. Washington - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St. (Chris Samuels just retired, it just makes way too much sense to take Okung here, they're in all out desperation mode in Washington, they just signed Tony Pashos for God's sake, their line may be worst than Buffalo's.)
5. Kansas City - Eric Berry, S, Tennessee (Didn't noodle arm Trent Edwards have a 400 yard passing game against them a year or two ago? Last I checked their secondary still blows, they need some safety help, bad, imo, so Berry to me absolutely makes the most sense here, but Pioli is full of surprises, so who knows?)
6. Seattle - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame (Matt Hasselbeck is on his last legs, if that wasn't obvious enough last year. I hate to mock Clausen to the Seahawks because this means Buffalo won't be drafting one of the top QBs in this year's class, but unfortunately this is how I think it will happen.)
7. Cleveland - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State (It came down to receiver or corner back with this pick and I think that taking the top receiver would have the biggest impact. They have an awesome line in Cleveland, but they have absolutely zero play makers to throw the ball to, Dez Bryant fixes that.)
8. Oakland - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland (He fits the mold in which Al Davis likes to draft in, it's either him or Trent Williams here, I seriously don't think they will take Bulaga here for the same reason Cleveland won't take Clausen if he falls to them.)
9. Buffalo - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa (This was very hard for me, I struggled with who I should put here --- Bulaga or Trent Williams?? In the end, Bulaga won out because he seems to fit that mean OL mold that Buffalo has been trying to build over the last years. Bulaga would fit right in with Eric Wood and Andy Levitre from last year's draft class.)
10. Jacksonville - Joe Haden, CB, Florida (Their secondary to me seems pretty pedestrian and all the Tebow talk here is just a bumch of nonsense, however, drafting another Florida Gator prospect here in the form of Joe Haden would fill a major need while filling the seats.)
11. Denver - Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama (Personally, I think this is a bit too high for McClain, but this does fill a very important need for Denver and they did just release Andra Davis, they may not take an ILB here, but to me the writing is on the wall, they will be taking an ILB within the 1st two rounds of the draft.)
12. Miami - Brandon Graham, OLB/DE, Michigan (They just cut Joey Porter and Jason Taylor is older than dirt, while Cameron Wake looked good last year, they still need to get better at attacking the QB and Graham is the man to do it.)
13. San Francisco - Trent Williams, OT, OU (San Fran obviously needs some help on the line as they just cut Pashos, enter Trent Williams.)
14. Seattle - Charles Brown, OT, USC (I've always thought that Brown was underrated by most fans, to me he is a solid football player and although he is undersized he is formidable at the point of attack.)
15. New York Giants - Sean Weatherspoon, ILB, Missouri (I actually like this guy a LOT more than Rolando McClain, the guy has awesome range and he unlike any other ILB in this year's draft is worthy of being a 1st round pick.)
16. Tennessee - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech (Kyle Vanden Bosch was cut, they lost Haynesworth before that, so Morgan makes the most sense here. With Morgan & Marks on their DL, there shouldn't be too much of a drop off from previous years.)
17. San Francisco - Earl Thomas, S, Texas (I know they have the makings of a pretty good defense over there in San Fran, but after addressing their gaping hole at RT, they then turn to their secondary and add a play maker to cover deep.)
18. Pittsburgh - Taylor Mays, S, USC (They add a hard hitting play maker deep into their secondary with great range and ability, this allows Polamalu to play monster while also serving as insurance in case he gets injured again.)
19. Atlanta - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee (There is absolutely no question that Atlanta's FO will get a complete stiffy if Dan Williams is available when they pick.)
20. Houston - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson (Slaton is a good RB, but he has had some fumbling issues and since Spiller has slipped all the way down to Houston, it would be foolish not to take him here, despite their holes at CB and S.)
21. Cincinnati - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers (They like to gamble on players with character concerns, so why not take Davis here? With Smith and Davis blocking their perimeter, Carson Palmer would be free to pick defenses apart.)
22. New England - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame (Probably one of my favorite prospects in this year's class, sucks to see him go to New England, but Welker is out until Thanksgiving and Moss is nearing the end of his stay with New England, Tate just makes perfect sense here.)
23. Green Bay - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho (They were probably hoping for Anthony Davis or Charles Brown here, but instead they settle for the top OG of the draft.)
24. Philadelphia - Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers (Well, they clearly need some help in their secondary and McCourty to me is the best DB prospect on the board not to mention he can add a dimension to their return game.)
25. Baltimore - Jared Odrick, DT/DE, PSU (Ozzy does it again, he manages to fill a big hole while selecting the BPA.)
26. Arizona - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, South Florida (It's cool, I'll take some crap for this pick, but I don't care. I really don't like this guy, he is going to be a mega bust and will probably be selected much higher than this, but if he does fall here, it would make sense for the Cardinals to roll the dice on him, as Bertrand Berry just retired and Karlos Dansby signed with Miami.
27. Dallas - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State (They need secondary help, so they fill their biggest need here.)
28. San Diego - Jahvid Best, RB, California (I just feel like he would fit San Diego's offense better than Matthews would, my decision simply came down to that and gut instinct.)
29. New York Jets - Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois (Now instead of having one receiver with bad hands, they'll have two!! Anyways, another physical target for their young QB.)
30. Minnesota - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State (The value they're getting is absolutely awesome and with Favre may or may not be coming back, this would provide them with a power running game/2-back offense to take some pressure off of Jackson.)
31. Indianapolis - Brian Price, DT, UCLA (Polian has a tendency to neglect defense in the 1st round, but maybe after watching Brees have his way with them during the Superbowl he'll have a change of heart. To me, Price or Washington makes the most sense here, but in the end I really like what Price brings at the UT position which is harder to fill than WLB.)
32. New Orleans - Everson Griffen, DE/OLB, USC (They're offense is obviously set and at this point, Griffen just makes the most sense as Grant was cut and Griffen is the BPA.)

Round 2 (10 bonus picks)

33. St. Louis - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida (He would be the perfect compliment to Chris Long, plus, at this point Dunlap is an absolute bargain, he has top 10 potential but top 10 risk concerns too.)
34. Detroit - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama (I looked desperately for a solid pick here for the Lions as many of you might know that I'm partial to the Lions as they're my NFC team, but the problem is that there aren't many solid DB prospects available in the 2nd round. Kareem Jackson may not be the most popular choice here, but it is absolutely necessary because our secondary sucked donkeys last year, Houston is a step in the right direction and I really like Louis Delmas, so by adding Jackson we may have a respectable secondary this year.)
35. Tampa Bay - Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU (This is a player that had a disappointing combine, but he was a play maker at LSU, he kind of reminds me of Dwayne Bowe to be honest. I really think Tampa Bay needs to add more targets in order for their young QB to progress in the NFL.)
36. Kansas City - Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU (I think he fills a need for the Chiefs, although I was thinking OL, DL and possibly even TE could be possibilities here as well.)
37. Washington - Vladmir Ducasse, OG/OT, UMass (They clearly got OL problems in Washington and I think that Jason Campbell could be a good QB if given better protection.)
38. Cleveland - Chris Cook, CB/FS, Virginia (Cleveland needs some help in their secondary, but then again Cleveland pretty much needs help everywhere, nevertheless Cook goes off the board here.)
39. Oakland - Rodger Saffold, OL, Indiana (They clearly need help on their OL, but perhaps this pick makes too much sense, it wouldn't surprise me if Davis went with a player with a super fast 40 here isntead.)
40. Seattle - Jermaine Gresham, TE, OU (Dammit, one pick before the Bills, what a heart breaker...)
41. Buffalo - Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama (Buffalo gets their NT here, although I contemplated taking Bowman here to try him at ILB.)
42. Tampa Bay - Navarro Bowman, OLB, PSU (Tampa was awful against the run last year, as their run defense was ranked last.)

There you have it, there are definitely some shockers in there, hopefully I didn't put anybody in there twice. :up:

nateodoms'bff
03-13-2010, 08:31 PM
the bills need to trade down as much as possible to build a bank of picks. if they are really intent on building this team through the draft, then this is what they have to do. New England was built that way. Most teams that have been successful in building their teams through draft, rarely miss an opportunity to add more picks.

buffalobillsfan95
03-13-2010, 08:34 PM
i have questions about bulgala, i really don't think he will be an elitle left tackle, at best an average one. so i think we should draft cj spiller for an exsplosive run game and a home run hitter.

PECKERWOOD
03-13-2010, 08:35 PM
i have questions about bulgala, i really don't think he will be an elitle left tackle, at best an average one. so i think we should draft cj spiller for an exsplosive run game and a home run hitter.

I wouldn't be against drafting Spiller, but only if we could trade down while at the same time trading Lynch. It's not a bad idea, but it would have gotten too complicated if I added trades to my mock draft so I didn't do it.

buffalobillsfan95
03-13-2010, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't be against drafting Spiller, but only if we could trade down while at the same time trading Lynch. It's not a bad idea, but it would have gotten too complicated if I added trades to my mock draft so I didn't do it.
if we traded down to the 14th or 15th pick we could still get cj spiller and more draft picks. makes perfect sense and thats why the bills wont do it:;:

BILLSROCK1212
03-13-2010, 09:00 PM
one of the most realistic mock drafts I've ever seen, good job

NOT THE DUDE...
03-13-2010, 10:03 PM
for a christian who has no rationality, thats a good mock....

PECKERWOOD
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
:rofl:
:posrep: