PDA

View Full Version : If we weren't considering Brohm to be our starter wouldn't he have been released?

BILLSROCK1212
03-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Seems like we released all of our scrubs already? Fitz is almost definitely a career back up and we're holding on to some hope that Trent can return to his pre 2008 concussion form, but Brohm would've been long gone if we had no hope in him.

Right?

Slim
03-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Not really. You do keep 3 QB's on the roster.

buffalobillsfan95
03-14-2010, 01:43 PM
i want brohm to be our starter next year because he is the only quarterback on our roster with potential

BILLSROCK1212
03-14-2010, 01:47 PM
You keep 3 starters on your roster that can actually start...the third guy usually is one that you can develop into a starter....but when your 1 and 3 r both in the same boat, do you keep 1 or both??

Slim
03-14-2010, 01:50 PM
You keep 3 starters on your roster that can actually start...the third guy usually is one that you can develop into a starter....but when your 1 and 3 r both in the same boat, do you keep 1 or both??

Not at all. Maybe the Bill's see Brohm as a starter in the future, maybe they just see him as a solid #2 guy. The fact is you keep 3 Qb's on your roster, it's only March. When the Bills sign/draft a fourth guy than all four QB's will battle it out and one will probably get cut. You're looking WAY to far into it this early in the football year.

feldspar
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM

Chan Gailey has said several times that we are going to go into camp with FOUR QBs on the roster. That means that we have yet to pick up the fourth one. We are going to get another guy; whether that guy is starter material is anyone's guess. So if we drop one of the QBs we have on the team, that means we would be picking up TWO new guys heading into training camp. Considering how thin the QB market is right now, it's no surprise that Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm are still on the roster. That could change. It's only mid-March, for crying out loud.

The best thing to do is pick up another guy an have all four fight it out for the starting spot, which is what I think will happen. Who is going to be where on the depth chart is very much up in the air at this point. Gailey's been coach for not quite two months so far, and he's probably not even talked to some of the guys on the team.

Brohm still being on the team says nothing. The reason some people think that he should start is because his name isn't Fitzpatrick or Edwards, not because of anything he has done in this league. We picked up Brohm from Green Bay's practice squad, which doesn't look good. I have as much hope as anybody for him, but let's not jump to any crazy conclusions.

Slim
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Chan Gailey has said several times that we are going to go into camp with FOUR QBs on the roster. That means that we have yet to pick up the fourth one. We are going to get another guy; whether that guy is starter material is anyone's guess. So if we drop one of the QBs we have on the team, that means we would be picking up TWO new guys heading into training camp. Considering how thin the QB market is right now, it's no surprise that Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm are still on the roster. That could change. It's only mid-March, for crying out loud.

The best thing to do is pick up another guy an have all four fight it out for the starting spot, which is what I think will happen. Who is going to be where on the depth chart is very much up in the air at this point. Gailey's been coach for not quite two months so far, and he's probably not even talked to some of the guys on the team.

Brohm still being on the team says nothing. The reason some people think that he should start is because his name isn't Fitzpatrick or Edwards, not because of anything he has done in this league. We picked up Brohm from Green Bay's practice squad, which doesn't look good. I have as much hope as anybody for him, but let's not jump to any crazy conclusions.

Read my post above yours....

TigerJ
03-14-2010, 08:39 PM
I certainly don't think the Bills have any notion of annointing Brohm the starter. I would be a bit surprised if they didn't think he has at least a chance to start someday if not next season

justasportsfan
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Brohm will get a chance at camp just like Thigpen did. Whats happens then is up to him. My sources say that everyone is considered for a starting job but they will have to compete for it.

JCBills
03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
One of the things that I think could help Brohm step forward next season is moving Wood back to C. It could be a huge help to his comfort level, having that familiarity.

DraftBoy
03-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Why move him though? He played well at OG and Hang was a decent OC option. Moving Wood creates a hole where there wasn't one before.

JCBills
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Why move him though? He played well at OG and Hang was a decent OC option. Moving Wood creates a hole where there wasn't one before.

Decent, but I think if Wood comes back 100% he'll be twice the C Hang is. He just didn't handle the bigger NTs that well, and I'm pretty sure that's why we decided to try to make a move at C.

Hangartner is probably best in the role he served in Carolina, #2 across the interior line, though yeah that does give us one more need unless they just swapped positions.

I just think it could be a huge help form Brohm's confidence.

Albany,n.y.
03-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Name Brohm the starter and stick with him through the entire season. When we go 1-15, well be able to draft a real QB & Brohm can become the next Rob Johnson-out of the NFL coaching kids with his family.