PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Morris has book on free agent Josh Reed

YardRat
03-15-2010, 05:42 AM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view/20100315sammy_morris_has_book_on_free_agent_josh_reed/srvc=home&position=recent

“I know Josh well,” Morris said. “I talked with him a couple of times. He’d be really big for our team. He’s a tough guy. He used to play running back. Just has a really tough guy mindset. I think he’ll bring a lot to the team.”

clumping platelets
03-15-2010, 05:57 AM
He'll flourish in NE :(

The Jokeman
03-15-2010, 09:23 AM
He'll flourish in NE :(
Troy Brown v 2.0

ParanoidAndroid
03-15-2010, 09:55 AM
He's going to kill us on 3rd down. :(

trapezeus
03-15-2010, 10:48 AM
or he'll be exactly who he was for us. a decent blocking WR that will make absolutely no impact during a game. when a game is way out of hand and the outcome is sure, josh reed will be open for 3 catches and 30-50 yards and maybe even a touchdown.

i know NE has a way of turning do-nothings into heros, but i don't think that's going to hold for Senor reed.

more cowbell
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
he is going to embarass us

justasportsfan
03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
or he'll be exactly who he was for us. a decent blocking WR that will make absolutely no impact during a game. when a game is way out of hand and the outcome is sure, josh reed will be open for 3 catches and 30-50 yards and maybe even a touchdown.

.thats the qb problem.

kelly2reed4six
03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Let's not forget we had the no. 2 ranked pass defense last season...something tells me josh reed won't break us.

OpIv37
03-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Let's not forget we had the no. 2 ranked pass defense last season...something tells me josh reed won't break us.

Watch him have 8 touchdowns, with 3 coming in the 2 games against us.

We were 19th in total D and 30th in rushing D. The passing D stat was skewed because teams were able to run the ball against us so effectively that they didn't need to pass. And don't forget Reed is a good run blocker, so there are other ways in which he can contribute.

JCBills
03-15-2010, 01:05 PM

We were 19th in total D and 30th in rushing D. The passing D stat was skewed because teams were able to run the ball against us so effectively that they didn't need to pass. And don't forget Reed is a good run blocker, so there are other ways in which he can contribute.

That isn't 100% true though. Yes they could run it on us, but when they passed we made them pay, pretty sure we were in the top 3 for INTs.

SirMcGee
03-15-2010, 01:31 PM
That isn't 100% true though. Yes they could run it on us, but when they passed we made them pay, pretty sure we were in the top 3 for INTs.

It was skewed. OPI is right on that. Teams averaged 32 pass attempts against our defense. Ranked 20th in the NFL. Teams ran 33.4 times against us. 2nd in the NFL. Like he said. Skewed numbers.

JCBills
03-15-2010, 01:46 PM
It was skewed. OPI is right on that. Teams averaged 32 pass attempts against our defense. Ranked 20th in the NFL. Teams ran 33.4 times against us. 2nd in the NFL. Like he said. Skewed numbers.

So like I said, when they passed on us, we made them pay.

BillsWin
03-15-2010, 01:56 PM
The numbers ARE skewed, but he is right. Our defensive backs did a nice job of flying to the ball and getting turnovers. Though they were always injured, our defensive backfield was not a weakness. I think getting Mckelvin back is going to help tremendously. Let's not forget that Byrd played hurt all season, Scott went down to injuries and even Mcgee missed time.

trapezeus
03-15-2010, 02:03 PM
also don't forget reed will be injured for at least 4-6 weeks with a hockey related, lower body injury.

Did anyone ever know what his specific injuries were?

I'm not worried about not having Reed. We have bad qb's with average WR. We'll need a couple studly WR's to get this QB class to make a dent.

also, i'm not expecting more than a 3-13 season. especially with a lockout looming and the playoffs in sight. they are going to fold like a circus tent come november.

clumping platelets
03-16-2010, 03:22 AM
He'll be the next "Wes Welker" :(

Ickybaluky
03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
He is reportedly "highly unlikely" to sign with New England:

LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4676570/highly-unlikely-reed-will-sign-with-pats)

The Patriots hosted receiver Josh Reed on a free-agent visit March 8, but it is "highly unlikely" that he will sign with the team, his agent Ben Dogra said at the NFL owners meetings.

At this point, Dogra said it comes down to the fit.

While Reed could line up at all receiver spots, his expertise is in the slot. The Patriots have the recovering Wes Welker and Julian Edelman in that role, and that's part of the reason Dogra called the possibility of the sides striking a deal "highly unlikely."

Goobylal
03-24-2010, 05:12 PM
He is reportedly "highly unlikely" to sign with New England:

LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4676570/highly-unlikely-reed-will-sign-with-pats)
I've been saying this all along. Reed is a slot guy and they already have Edelman there (Welker is probably not coming back).

Oaf
03-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Man, if they DID sign him, with Welker and Faulk, those guys might not miss a 3rd down vs us all year.

Oaf
03-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I've been saying this all along.

Where?

Goobylal
03-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Where?
Here (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3175089&postcount=23).

Ingtar33
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM

opposing QBs had a 68 QBR vs our pass defense. i don't care how little they threw the ball, our DBs made opposing QBs pay badly when they put it up.