X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

OT Madden Drayton Florence

I haven't played Madden 10 in a while so I decided to play it today. When I first started it up I had to do an update which I am sure was mostly roster updates. Anyway I was trying get the Bills Roster as close as realistic as I can and noticed Drayton Florence is missing. Has Florence always been missing from Madden or am I missing something?
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Re: OT Madden Drayton Florence

Originally posted by The Spaz
    I haven't played Madden 10 in a while so I decided to play it today. When I first started it up I had to do an update which I am sure was mostly roster updates. Anyway I was trying get the Bills Roster as close as realistic as I can and noticed Drayton Florence is missing. Has Florence always been missing from Madden or am I missing something?
    To get the roster update you have to go to start an online game, it will prompt you to download the newest rosters.

Even then, their Bills ratings are so off it's comical. I did the Bills ratings from 07-09, their new system is a joke.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Ah alright thanks.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Drayton Florence is rated in the high 70's I believe. Which is nonsense considering how good he was last season and how good the secondary was in general.

What I also find funny is Byrd being rated in the low 80's while Cushing gets rated as a 94.

Both were fantastic as rookies and were considered candidates for DROY, with Cushing taking it in the end.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
          with Cushing taking it in the end.
          Well Cushing may not be a Bills fan, but apparently he can relate to how Bills fans feel.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi
            Drayton Florence is rated in the high 70's I believe. Which is nonsense considering how good he was last season and how good the secondary was in general.

What I also find funny is Byrd being rated in the low 80's while Cushing gets rated as a 94.

Both were fantastic as rookies and were considered candidates for DROY, with Cushing taking it in the end.
            Byrd should be 88 after that season, Cushing should be 90.

Florence was rated around 64 for a very very long time, took months to get him an update.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Ok all set I think. The update I have is Florence is rated a 68 overall.

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Spaz
                Ok all set I think. The update I have is Florence is rated a 68 overall.
                Yep, regardless how many countless supporting stats / plays I gave to the Madden team they couldn't grasp simple concepts. Secondaries that smother WRs should be highly rated. They've cut the update team down to two people in the same year they decided to revamp the system. Just about everyone was pissed, and I stopped playing online.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Too bad you can't update your online franchises after you start but I guess that's understandable.

We are going to be drafting for our 2nd season shortly. Too bad I took that ****ty team to the AFC championship.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by madness
                    Too bad you can't update your online franchises after you start but I guess that's understandable.

We are going to be drafting for our 2nd season shortly. Too bad I took that ****ty team to the AFC championship.
                    We played on online franchise, and is was weak. My buddy set it up, so maybe he missed something, but we could add infinite amount of FA's there was no draft, and the stats were abbreviated.

The online NCAA Dynasty is amazing and I am confused why EA wouldn't make sure that Madden got the same treatment.

The Bills were just completely forgotten in terms of the roster updates this year. It took them months to get Byrd rated higher, and he never had a pic. Trent was too good for too long...

I had a franchise with multiple NCAA classes imported for drafting. I thought the game was great, overall, and played around 5 Bills seasons...winning the SB in years 2,3,4, and losing in 5. Traded it in to pre-order The Show...which is awesome if you are an MLB fan.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                      We played on online franchise, and is was weak. My buddy set it up, so maybe he missed something, but we could add infinite amount of FA's there was no draft, and the stats were abbreviated.

The online NCAA Dynasty is amazing and I am confused why EA wouldn't make sure that Madden got the same treatment.

The Bills were just completely forgotten in terms of the roster updates this year. It took them months to get Byrd rated higher, and he never had a pic. Trent was too good for too long...

I had a franchise with multiple NCAA classes imported for drafting. I thought the game was great, overall, and played around 5 Bills seasons...winning the SB in years 2,3,4, and losing in 5. Traded it in to pre-order The Show...which is awesome if you are an MLB fan.
                      I hate The Show! You have to adjust your swing height and swing in .5 seconds unless you play on bull**** modes.

God of War 3 is going to be SICK. Been playing MAG, pretty good game too. Red Dead Redemption is going to melt my face too.
                      Last edited by JCBills; 03-15-2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid

Yeah, it's pretty limited. I read that they weren't given enough time to do it right so they had to slap a generic version together.

I overcame the FA crap by doing a FA waiver wire until there was nobody good left. I also turned off trading to CPU teams since there's no trade logic either. Like you said, no draft in the beginning and no contracts either so you got your players until you cut them or they retire.

I got about six guys in mine and we've been able to make it work and actually had fun doing it. We're about to draft this weekend but I'm going to try to get a few more guys in before then. I know everybody so it definitely does make it easier. In fact, two guys are from my work and I may have just traded T.O. to Cincy for a swap of 1st's which will give me his 16th overall. Hopefully I can get a QB to replace the bum of a QB known as Trent Edwards.

Comment

• T-Long
                          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                          • Sep 2003

Decided to start a new franchise over the weekend, and traded for Tyler Thigpen. Although he is a 68 overall, the guy can flat out play. Currently after Week 4 in All-Madden difficulty setting, I have 10 TD's and 2 INT with him and 4-0 record.

SUPERBOWL!

Comment

• JCBills
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by T-Long
                            Decided to start a new franchise over the weekend, and traded for Tyler Thigpen. Although he is a 68 overall, the guy can flat out play. Currently after Week 4 in All-Madden difficulty setting, I have 10 TD's and 2 INT with him and 4-0 record.

SUPERBOWL!
                            Lol I've been playing with Brohm. The whole "potential" system is BS, regardless of how good you do certain guys can't improve, they slapped a C potential on Brohm, so I said screw that and made him 84 OVR considering I'll be using him for like 10-15 seasons lol.

Converted to a 3-4, traded for Pat Sims, Woodley, and Clint Sintim. Follett and Poz at ILB, drafted Torrell Troup and C.J. Wilson for good depth at NT/DE. Also traded for Jason Jones (Titans) to play LE, also had to unload a lot to get Ray Edwards to play RE lol. Traded Donte for Chinedum Ndukwe + picks to be able to make a lot of the trades.

Season 5 of my franchise with that setup, the 3-4 is pretty fun to use in Madden lol it's been so long.

Comment

• T-Long
                              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                              • Sep 2003

Does anyone have a file they can share from NCAA so I have the real draft prospects names for the draft? My buddy had one a few years back for 5 years ahead. Let me know!

Comment

Working...
                              X