• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

The Bills Should Take Holmgren's Que

Look at what Holmgren did in Cleveland, he may not have turned them around into a playoff team in one year, but he really brought peace to an awkward QB controversy. Going into the 2010 season with Brady Quinn & Derek Anderson would have been absolute madness, that's like Buffalo going in next year with Edwards & Fitzpatrick on our roster, which is exactly what we're set to do. Really, how can this work out well in any scenario? Keeping Edwards & Fitz on the roster is like having the Holcomb/Losman situation all over again if we draft a rookie QB, that's just not a healthy situation for any player to come into. I can't think of any scenario in my mind where keeping Fitz/Edwards on our roster is good for this team, we need to be making moves, ASAP. I'm talking trading Edwards for a 6th/7th and for a meat and potatoes kind of player like Owen Schmitt in Seattle while cutting Fitzpatrick. This team's QB situation needs a complete re-haul, if not how can we expect different results this year from last year while working the same equation? It just makes absolutely no sense, Nix is showing his inexperience by his failure to act. I'm cool with keeping Brohm around, but preferably in the role of a 3rd string QB behind a veteran player and a high round draft pick. I know there is still time left, but really, I can't help but feel like we're going to bomb next season if we don't make some moves here soon.
  • delectrolux
    • May 2007

Re: The Bills Should Take Holmgren's Que

he brought peace with Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme? He just traded the crap you know for the crap you don't know...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

What has Holmgren done to benefit Cleveland? He signed a broken Jake Delhomme, and signed Seneca Wallace. One would argue that Quinn and Anderson would've been better than those two.

Making changes just for the sake of making changes doesn't make you a better team. I'm sure if the Bills feel something better comes along at QB, and it's reasonable, they'll do it.

I'm not sure what you want the Bills to do. Get rid of all their QBs and go into camp with a drafted rookie and Brohm?

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I think Nix and company are looking at the 2011 draft for our next QB. Much better draft class for a QB than this year. Edwards and Fitz are probably nothing but stop gap measures at this point.

Comment

• theanswer74
          • Apr 2004

I would rather do nothing then what Holmgren did. Doing nothing isnt always a bad thing.
          Last edited by theanswer74; 03-15-2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

I can't support your far fetched premise, it's silly.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Holgren was someone I did NOT want in Buffalo at all.

Once he was given GM duties in Seattle, he ruined the team and his first few moves in Cleveland are nothing less than dubious, at best.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Holmgrem's track record as a GM speaks for itself--mediocre. He hasn't impressed me whatsoever so far this offseason. I don't see Cleveland being any better than they were this past season.

Comment

• theanswer74
                  • Apr 2004

Can anyone believe Delhomme is getting $13 million or so from Carolina and $7 million from Cleveland?

I better stop talking though, watch Buffalo turn around and sign Anderson to a big contract.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by delectrolux
                    he brought peace with Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme? He just traded the crap you know for the crap you don't know...
                    couldn't have said it any better myself. the browns will continue to stink.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Oh dear lord not the Owen Schmitt bull**** again.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Okay, say Bradford or Clausen is available when we pick. Do you think it would be a healthy situation for them to walk into? Having losers like Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick undermining their every move? This is really poor management by our FO, cut your losses and move on. At least in Cleveland they have a solid game manager in Jake Delhomme and they added Seneca Wallace for the occasional gadget play. We really need to cut the cancer out, Edwards & Fitz, they need to go.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Oh dear lord not the Owen Schmitt bull**** again.
                          I won't be picky, Edwards to San Diego for Whitehurst or Craig Davis.

Edwards to "x" for a 7th round draft pick, etc.

We can get crappy results with any QB, we might as well try our hand with Brian Brohm since we've already seen what Fitz & Edwards can do, especially Edwards after some of the comments he made, that's just unforgivable.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

i often agree with what you have to say peckerwood but in this case i cannot. i feel there is no need to follow someone else. there is no magical fix for this team. bringing in two ****ty quarterbacks isn't going to turn this team into a winner, nor will it turn cleveland into a winner. i'll sit here and complain about buddy trying to work this team into a winner.
                            Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 03-15-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

I agree that the Bills should get rid of the junk at the QB position, but the Browns just added different junk...and didn't necessarily improve.

Comment

Working...
                              X