PDA

View Full Version : Gailey sheds light on QB situation

The Spaz
03-16-2010, 12:14 PM
The quarterback position for the Buffalo Bills is one that carries more questions than answers with a new coaching staff that will likely have new preferences to that of the previous regime. Head coach Chan Gailey along with his staff has done all the evaluating of the signal callers as possible off of tape. To this point however, they haven’t worked with them on the field. Provided the makeup of the quarterback position remains the same Gailey intends to make it an open competition for the starting job.

“We’ve been in the process of evaluating everybody that’s on the roster and everybody that’s available,” said Gailey. “To me unless something different happens between and now and post-draft, to me it’s an open competition for the job to see what happens. We’ve got some guys that obviously have played well at times and some guys that are unproven that we don’t know, but were well regarded coming out. So to me we’ve got to see who can rise to the top.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Gailey-sheds-light-on-QB-situation/187101d9-2693-49f8-909b-3f0d12ba3287

gonzo1105
03-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Sounds like the comp would be between Edwards and Brohm. Two guys who were highly regarded coming out. Same can't be said for Fitzpatrick who was lucky even to be drafted.

Ed
03-16-2010, 12:18 PM
So basically it's still completely up in the air. We could go with someone we already have or someone we don't have. Haha, thanks for shedding some light Chan!

delectrolux
03-16-2010, 12:19 PM
regardless of what the headline says, i don't think that sheds any light on the QB situation...

Jaybird
03-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Not even a night llight !

The Spaz
03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Haha I totally agree it doesn't say anything different from what we already know. I just put it up because it is a new article.

more cowbell
03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
does it really even matter which one of the 3 losers on this roster starts this year?

TigerJ
03-16-2010, 12:52 PM
It is a given that the Bills will add at least one more QB to the roster. I'm guessing that due to the unsettled nature of the QB position, that someone will not be a scrub undrafted free agent just to provide another arm during training camp. Instead, I expect the Bills to draft a QB, and perhaps acquire some kind of veteran. What the article does tell is is what we could deduce, that the Bills have not and don't expect to identify a clear cut starter heading into training camp. Yes, that's a pretty obvious deduction to make, but this at least gives it to us from the coach's mouth.

Dicknoze69
03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
I think the biggest evidence towards Gailey's thoughts on our QB situation is the number of draft-eligible QBs we are bringing in for a look. So far it's confirmed we're bringing Tebow, Clausen, Skelton, and McCoy into Buffalo for more evaluation, so that lends itself toward Gailey not being happy with our current QB situation and therefore drafting a QB.

better days
03-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Sounds like the comp would be between Edwards and Brohm. Two guys who were highly regarded coming out. Same can't be said for Fitzpatrick who was lucky even to be drafted.

Well Fitzpatrick did beat out Edwards last year & will most likely beat him out this year now that Trent does not have Dick here to cheer him on.