PDA

View Full Version : Gailey says whitner is going no where

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 12:48 PM
We feel like we've got a strong secondary. Donte's a big part of that and is going to be a big part of that. To me, you would not weaken one of your strengths."

Gailey said that to the media today about Whitner. Doesn't sound like he's going anywhere.

(I still am suspicious)

T-Long
03-16-2010, 12:51 PM
so are there going to be any signings? Why is Gailey meeting with the media?

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 12:55 PM
so are there going to be any signings? Why is Gailey meeting with the media?

Its pretty standard that the HC makes himself available at OBD on days where there are visitors scheduled to meet with the media.. He's already there, media is already there.. Kind of a cordial thing.

As far as today's guys, dont know yet.

The Bills have an idea of what Edwards wants already, he's already met with two teams.. It'd be foolish to waste either party's side to bring him in and give him a lowball offer.

With Davis, indications Im getting is that Buffalo wants to sign him, and right away. I dont know if he's signed, or if they're even close.. But a reporter in Denver who's close to his agent said the Bills want to get a deal done.

We should know by the of today where this all goes

T-Long
03-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Its pretty standard that the HC makes himself available at OBD on days where there are visitors scheduled to meet with the media.. He's already there, media is already there.. Kind of a cordial thing.

As far as today's guys, dont know yet.

The Bills have an idea of what Edwards wants already, he's already met with two teams.. It'd be foolish to waste either party's side to bring him in and give him a lowball offer.

With Davis, indications Im getting is that Buffalo wants to sign him, and right away. I dont know if he's signed, or if they're even close.. But a reporter in Denver who's close to his agent said the Bills want to get a deal done.

We should know by the of today where this all goes

Yeah that woman from that TV station seems to have it in with Davis and his agent. Good job getting in touch with her.

I think they should not let either of those guys leave. But, since Gailey already met with the media, I doubt it gets done today or else they would have been introduced today.

Philagape
03-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Whitner doesn't go anywhere on the field either, so par for the course.

Prov401
03-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Good.

PromoTheRobot
03-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Maybe Chan meant Whitner's career is going nowhere?

PTR

mysticsoto
03-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Why isn't Op ranting and raving yet???

JCBills
03-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Didn't the Jets owner or GM say something similar to this about Kerry Rhodes a day before trading him?

scartown
03-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Don't believe anything you hear from teams this time of year.

Buddo
03-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Don't believe anything you hear from teams this time of year.

Not a bad rule of thumb, but I get the impression with Nix and Gailey, that if they say something like Gailey did, they actually mean it.
He isn't wrong either - the secondary is the one 'strength' we have on defense, and it would be daft to start messing with it, unless they get a very good offer for someone. There is virtually always a price that can be paid.