PDA

View Full Version : For some reaon i still like Trent

IMissKelly
03-16-2010, 01:52 PM
the guy has shown flawless mechanics over and over. the so called experts drool over his high and quick release. he also throws a tight spiral, which most people over look, but its a quarterbacks spiral that allows the ball to USUALLY go where he wants it without the wind effecting it in flight.

in 2008 he was looked at to be a potential MVP until he was concussed, since then he hasn't been the same. since his concussion hes become a P**** in the pocket which has developed him the nick name Cap't Checkdown. he doesn't trust the Line in front of him and i wouldnt either.

both his and Lynch's potential scares me because i know that if they were traded they would become all stars.

SirMcGee
03-16-2010, 01:55 PM
the guy has shown flawless mechanics over and over. the so called experts drool over his high and quick release. he also throws a tight spiral, which most people over look, but its a quarterbacks spiral that allows the ball to USUALLY go where he wants it without the wind effecting it in flight.

in 2008 he was looked at to be a potential MVP until he was concussed, since then he hasn't been the same. since his concussion hes become a P**** in the pocket which has developed him the nick name Cap't Checkdown. he doesn't trust the Line in front of him and i wouldnt either.

both his and Lynch's potential scares me because i know that if they were traded they would become all stars.

Trent throws the worst spiral of any starting NFL QB.

SquishDaFish
03-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Hell no horrible

Beebe's Kid
03-16-2010, 02:02 PM

False. What are you basing this on?

I don't want TE to be our QB next year. I was an supporter, and am now in the "**** Trent" camp. I think he is done mentally, and is quick to give up on our team. I am not interested in his being our QB. To say he throws the worst spiral is just stupid. Fitzy can't even throw a ****ing spiral. TE does have good mechanics, it is his brain that is the the issue.

Joe Fo Sho
03-16-2010, 02:06 PM
You should ask him out, then.

IMissKelly
03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
he just has no confidence right now.

PECKERWOOD
03-16-2010, 02:14 PM
he just has no confidence right now.
http://enticeme.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/tvad-enzyte-smilingbob.jpg

SirMcGee
03-16-2010, 02:15 PM
False. What are you basing this on?

I don't want TE to be our QB next year. I was an supporter, and am now in the "**** Trent" camp. I think he is done mentally, and is quick to give up on our team. I am not interested in his being our QB. To say he throws the worst spiral is just stupid. Fitzy can't even throw a ****ing spiral. TE does have good mechanics, it is his brain that is the the issue.

Basing this on watching him throw the ball??? If you have 2 eyes and the gift of sight, you would agree. You clearly need glasses if you can't see this.

zone
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
That might be the biggest load of crap to come from this board in a while and that is saying a lot.

better days
03-16-2010, 02:30 PM

The good news for you is the UFL will most likely play in 2011 while the NFL is shut down. If Trent works hard & is lucky he may even be a starter in that league.

Pinkerton Security
03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Basing this on watching him throw the ball??? If you have 2 eyes and the gift of sight, you would agree. You clearly need glasses if you can't see this.

Sir, you are wrong. Peyton manning throws more ducks than trent...but throwing spirals doesnt matter when you only throw then 2 yards..

PECKERWOOD
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Sir, you are wrong. Peyton manning throws more ducks than trent...but throwing spirals doesnt matter when you only throw then 2 yards..

Manning throws more touchdowns than Trent too.

Pinkerton Security
03-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Manning throws more touchdowns than Trent too.

hence the second part of my sentence.

sdbillsfan2
03-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Don't forget the part about his piss poor lack of leadership ability and the fact his own team mates have lost faith in the check down "Queen".
Couple these with his record (going back to high school) of season ending injuries, I'll never see the fascination with this waste of bench space!

TrEd FTW
03-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I still like Trent Edwards. His confidence was ruined because he was always on his back, as Buddy Nix alluded to during his introductory press conference. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Edwards became a success in the league behind a better O-line. Whether that happens here, we'll see.

JCBills
03-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Trent made plays when he still had balls in the pocket. He'd take the hit if it meant getting the completion, look at a lot of his early TDs and big plays, they were only possible because he'd throw it regardless of what was in his face. Not since the Adrian Wilson hit. He's lost all pocket confidence.

PECKERWOOD
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
hence the second part of my sentence.

but i only read the first part of your sentence.

Novacane
03-16-2010, 04:02 PM

No they wouldn't.

BertSquirtgum
03-16-2010, 04:50 PM
why? he sucks

SirMcGee
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM

I dont know what kinda games you guys watch. You guys must be too busy watching the offensive line and not enough time watching the ball in the air.

When Edwards throws the ball, that thing flutters like there's no tomorrow.

THRILLHO
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
If you cant be with the one you love, love the one you are with.

SABURZFAN
03-16-2010, 10:14 PM
i hope Edwards starts based on the excuses that the Lickers used with Lossman.

justasportsfan
03-16-2010, 10:48 PM

you just couldn't wait to bring up losman and start calling people lickers. still can't move on .

better days
03-17-2010, 12:54 AM

Now that Trents biggest fan Dick is where he belongs, as a POSITION coach, Trent will not be long for the NFL.

TigerJ
03-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Obviously, Trent has shown some good things in the past. I think Trent has it in him to be a good QB. The question is, can he undo the damage done to his game and his confidence by playing in the Dick Jauron regime? I don't know.

Ron Burgundy
03-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Not since the Adrian Wilson hit. He's lost all pocket confidence.

Wilson took his balls like it was Project Mayhem.

It's almost sad to be able to pinpoint the exact moment when Trent lost it.

better days
03-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Obviously, Trent has shown some good things in the past. I think Trent has it in him to be a good QB. The question is, can he undo the damage done to his game and his confidence by playing in the Dick Jauron regime? I don't know.

Trent has shown some good things against some bad teams, & that was before the league had film on him. Now EVERYBODY knows how to defend against Trent. IMO the only reason Trent lasted as long as he did was because of the Dick Jauron regime.

Saratoga Slim
03-17-2010, 12:23 PM
TE does have good mechanics, it is his brain that is the the issue.

I agree. Trent has the tangibles to be successful, and he's been great in flashes.

It's the mental part that he needs to get sorted out. Hopefully Gailey's the guy to do it, but count me skeptical at this point.

SABURZFAN
03-17-2010, 01:34 PM
you just couldn't wait to bring up losman and start calling people lickers. still can't move on .

hook....

line......

and sinker. :chug:

ddaryl
03-17-2010, 02:34 PM

That is so not true....Trent throws a decent ball. My complaint with Trent is he just sucks with the moving targets. Which leaves opposing D's just sitting on his button hook dump down throws.

This is Trent's last hurrah in Buffalo though.... Can a decent set of coaches actually get him to see the field, hit a WR in stride CONSISTENTLY and restore his confidence ???

BertSquirtgum
03-17-2010, 02:39 PM
trent also stares down the receiver that he is going to throw to. he might as well point and wave at them, then throw them the ball.