PDA

View Full Version : Bills signed Dwan Edwards!!!

evdawg419
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
Big day for Buffalo: After signing LB Andra Davis earlier in day, Bills reached agreement with free-agent DE Dwan Edwards later in day.

wmoz11
03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
YES!!! Great day!

DBrown77
I like it. nice to see some change.

SquishDaFish
FN GREAT DAY!! Whooo HOO!!

The Spaz
03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Very nice!!!!

Night Train
03-16-2010, 06:16 PM
If so, very nice day !

Plus in 2 days, we can return to complaining ! :air:

shelby
03-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Looking for a link....

SquishDaFish
03-16-2010, 06:18 PM
I think Adam Schefters twitter is a good link

FlyingDutchman
03-16-2010, 06:19 PM
bout effing time we did something. davis is just a band aid for a while but im cool with that

shelby
03-16-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/3/16/1376454/bills-agree-to-terms-with-de-dwan

shelby
03-16-2010, 06:20 PM
i can't put a tweet on the front page :(

zone
03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
So will this curb everyones *****ing for a night?

This organization finally has some football people running things. Just let them do their thing and wait until we see the product on the field to claim the sky is falling.

Slim
03-16-2010, 06:27 PM
YES

Mahdi
03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Wow. Very good day for Buffalo's run defense. These two guys are going to be key to finally slowing down the Dolphins and Jets run game.

This should keep Sp. Johnson fresh for pass rushing situations.

Andra Davis should be a two down player. Mitchell must be pissed.

Dicknoze69
03-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Wow. Very good day for Buffalo's run defense. These two guys are going to be key to finally slowing down the Dolphins and Jets run game.

This should keep Sp. Johnson fresh for pass rushing situations.

I think you'll see Mitchell a lot on passing downs. We don't have a real OLB on our roster right now, and although he's not a snug fit there, one of his strengths is rushing the passer.

FlyingDutchman
03-16-2010, 06:30 PM

This organization finally has some football people running things. Just let them do their thing and wait until we see the product on the field to claim the sky is falling.

I still think theyre going to suck, but im willing to give Nix time before judging. Im sure hes not going to try to go for any big names til he feels this team is in position to make a run and compete, so ive been cool with us not making any huge splash

Philagape
03-16-2010, 06:31 PM

The sky fell long ago and remains fallen until the team starts winning.
Until then they do not get the benefit of the doubt.

tampabay25690
WOW great day

Night Train

Is pissed another term for waived ?

Scumbag College
03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Solid pickups today! I think with these two pickups the Bills are a NT away from having at least a serviceable 3-4 defense.

JCBills
03-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Solid pickups today! I think with these two pickups the Bills are a NT away from having at least a serviceable 3-4 defense.

Still need a LOLB.

tampabay25690
03-16-2010, 06:38 PM

AGREED wouldnt be surprised to see DAN WILLIAMS DT from TENN the #9 pick now...

Luisito23
03-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Another good move!

BertSquirtgum
03-16-2010, 06:43 PM
i got a boner

SquishDaFish
03-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Sorry Shelbs have a great rest of your BDay lol

Buddo
03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
While the verdict seems somewhat unclear on Green, both Davis and Edwards represent solid additions. Whereas before today, there were enormous question marks about what sort of defense the Bills could put out, and whether it could be remotely effective, we might just be close to having a defense that can play the run well enough, to force teams to pass. - and we have a good secondary.
Once again, we are freeing up options for the draft. If we make another solid pickup somewhere, we might even be in danger of making a serious move to ensure we grab a player we like, at the expense of a pick or two.
I'm starting to smell LT, NT, as our first two picks, but in either order, depending on who is available.

Night Train
03-16-2010, 06:48 PM
i got a boner

Is your cat circling you ?

shelby
03-16-2010, 06:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/dwan-edwards-signs-with-the-bills/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

SquishDaFish
03-16-2010, 07:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5001403

Mike13
03-16-2010, 07:03 PM
I never heard of him

WeAreArthurMoates
03-16-2010, 07:06 PM
I just creamed my boxers.

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 07:13 PM
I dont want to rain on anyone's parade, and its probably going to happen.. But Dwan Edwards has NOT been signed yet, despite Adam Schefter's report.

I was told this directly by a Bills employee.. A deal is in the works but NOT finalized

Nighthawk
03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I dont want to rain on anyone's parade, and its probably going to happen.. But Dwan Edwards has NOT been signed yet, despite Adam Schefter's report.

I was told this directly by a Bills employee.. A deal is in the works but NOT finalized

No, you just read what Wawrow wrote at Two Bills Drive...this is getting old Pat.

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 07:20 PM
No, you just read what Wawrow wrote at Two Bills Drive...this is getting old Pat.

No, you talking **** is getting old.

Do you think its feasible that in this crazy crazy world of ours.. That its remotely possible that the SAME person or persons are telling people who have called and emailed the same thing?

Nighthawk
03-16-2010, 07:23 PM
No, you talking **** is getting old.

Do you think its feasible that in this crazy crazy world of ours.. That its remotely possible that the SAME person or persons are telling people who have called and emailed the same thing?

Your recent history of providing legitimite information is not too good. Forgive me if I'm a little bit skeptical of the "news" that you post.

BillsWin
03-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Good, solid, smart, football moves today. How long have we waited for that? I'm not getting giddy about this signing like a lot of Bills fans will. I like it, but I also realize we need probably two good offseasons to effectively switch schemes and be competitive.

This draft is so important to the future of this franchise. We can't miss on our high picks anymore.

I'll wait for our next few free agent moves, plus the draft to get too excited.

However, this was a good day for Bills football. Adding Porter (Although I hate him as a person) would make for a great start at fielding a formidable 3-4.

Nix showed me with these early signings that he knows what kind of players we need/ can actually sign.

Nighthawk
03-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Good, solid, smart, football moves today. How long have we waited for that? I'm not getting giddy about this signing like a lot of Bills fans will. I like it, but I also realize we need probably two good offseasons to effectively switch schemes and be competitive.

This draft is so important to the future of this franchise. We can't miss on our high picks anymore.

I'll wait for our next few free agent moves, plus the draft to get too excited.

However, this was a good day for Bills football. Adding Porter (Although I hate him as a person) would make for a great start at fielding a formidable 3-4.

Nix showed me with these early signings that he knows what kind of players we need/ can actually sign.

This team is going to built through the draft and they will use FA to fill in the depth and a few holes. I'm OK with their approach so far...

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Your recent history of providing legitimite information is not too good. Forgive me if I'm a little bit skeptical of the "news" that you post.

Such as?

News I have REPORTED recently include a 3-4 switch long before anyone else did, and "who cares" news that the Bills STILL haven't announced about some of their tenders.

I also filed a report on Bills potential interest on Dwan Edwards back on February 16. Im not gonna link so if you want to see for yourself be my guest.

I'm sure I've had a few inaccurate reports as well... In fact, I know I have..

Nobody is perfect.. Ask Adam SChefter in this case.

Pretty simple. If you think my posts suck, then don't read em and save yourself the trouble

Thanks.

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 07:28 PM
This team is going to built through the draft and they will use FA to fill in the depth and a few holes. I'm OK with their approach so far...

I wouldn't call any of the FA pickups (assuming edwards is signed) as depth signings.

All three will start

elltrain22
It's about ***** time!! Happy w/ both of the signings, esp Dwan Edwards.

ServoBillieves
So OBD has a pulse. Good. Even though its taken some time, I consider this serviceable for this far in to FA. GJ Buddy and Chan.

Nighthawk
Such as?

News I have REPORTED recently include a 3-4 switch long before anyone else did, and "who cares" news that the Bills STILL haven't announced about some of their tenders.

I also filed a report on Bills potential interest on Dwan Edwards back on February 16. Im not gonna link so if you want to see for yourself be my guest.

I'm sure I've had a few inaccurate reports as well... In fact, I know I have..

Nobody is perfect.. Ask Adam SChefter in this case.

Pretty simple. If you think my posts suck, then don't read em and save yourself the trouble

Thanks.

So what you're trying to tell me is that all of sudden you have a link to the Bills when you haven't had one all season? Umm, sorry...that makes ZERO sense.

Dr. Lecter
03-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Guys, take it to PM or something. Geez.

Mski
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
is there confirmation of this? still havent recieved the txt :ill:

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 07:34 PM
So what you're trying to tell me is that all of sudden you have a link to the Bills when you haven't had one all season? Umm, sorry...that makes ZERO sense.

I agree with Lecter, this has nothing to do with Edwards (and I also don't understand what you mean)

But if you have a question that's not about Edwards directly, feel free to im me or email.

Thanks sir.

psubills62
03-16-2010, 07:48 PM
I like the signing, though I would like to get another stud DE at some point in the draft (whether this year or next).

Romes
03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
is there confirmation of this? still havent recieved the txt :ill:

Reports are that Edwards has agreed to terms but has not officially signed yet.

jaycorp51
03-16-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm very happy with these signings. Love them

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm very happy with these signings. Love them

Davis will help on 1st and 2nd to an extent.

Im a huge fan of Edwards signing.. I think he was one of the best UFA in the market at any position.

SirMcGee
03-16-2010, 08:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwan_Edwards

the most legitimate source of them all.

SirMcGee
03-16-2010, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy7DZduCiWo

Hope to see more of this in the near future.

Ron Burgundy
03-16-2010, 09:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwan_Edwards

the most legitimate source of them all.

:rofl:

PECKERWOOD
03-16-2010, 09:22 PM

If we are serious about winning we will sign Joey Porter too, but that's only if we're serious.

Jeff1220
03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
I've been pretty pessimistic about this off season, but I like these signings a lot. It's definitely a start to fielding a legit 3-4. I hope Edwards can bring a little of that nasty attitude of the Baltimore D to Buffalo! Another thing I like about him is that he grew up in Montana - Buffalo weather should be nothing new to him.

Mike13
03-17-2010, 09:03 AM
If we are serious about losing and if we love cancer we will sign Joey Porter too, but that's only if we're serious.

Fixed.

jdbillsfan
03-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Signed. 4 Years 18 mil.

justasportsfan
03-17-2010, 10:19 AM
If we are serious about winning we will sign Joey Porter too, but that's only if we're serious.

so I take it the fins and the other 31 teams aren't serious about winning?

djjimkelly
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM

joey porter is 50 and has been run out of 2 places in the last 3 season yes hes the missing link

soapman
03-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Championship! :sarcasm2:

methos4ever
03-17-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwBqPW9wiYs

Or this is a good one....

Tatonka
03-17-2010, 10:48 PM
what are you guys so excited about? can someone tell me? i mean it is not like the guy is a stud at all.. he is an average player.. i dont see him being any better than a spencer johnson.. i mean.. 50 tackles and 3 sacks? when he was surrounded by the talent on that defense, specifically suggs on the other side? i just dont see it.. the guy hasn't really dont much of anything.. it seems like we are excited just because we signed someone.. anyone.. i dont see how this makes us that much better at all. he is not a difference maker at all.

better days
03-17-2010, 10:56 PM
what are you guys so excited about? can someone tell me? i mean it is not like the guy is a stud at all.. he is an average player.. i dont see him being any better than a spencer johnson.. i mean.. 50 tackles and 3 sacks? when he was surrounded by the talent on that defense, specifically suggs on the other side? i just dont see it.. the guy hasn't really dont much of anything.. it seems like we are excited just because we signed someone.. anyone.. i dont see how this makes us that much better at all. he is not a difference maker at all.

He does fill a hole of which the Bills have too many to fill in the draft.

SirMcGee
03-17-2010, 11:00 PM

You clearly don't understand a 34 defense. Those are SOLID numbers for a DE in a 34. Brett Keisel of the Steelers who is considered to be one of the premier 34 DE's posted 53 tackles a 3 sacks. They're not like 43 DE's. They're not pass rushers. So to have 3 sacks is pretty good. Lets compare him to some other 34 DE's...

Dwan Edwards - 50 tackles, 3 sacks
Ty Warren - 46 tackles, 1 sack
Brett Keisel - 53 tackles, 3 sacks
Luis Castillo - 25 tackles, 2 sacks
Igor Olshansky - 40 tackles, 1.5 sacks
Marcus Spears - 25 tackles, 2.5 sacks

All these guys played for great 34 defenses, surrounded by the likes of Demarcus Ware, Terrell Suggs, James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, Shawn Merriman, Greg Ellis, etc. Their numbers aren't eye popping but it's not a flashy position. They do the dirty work so guys like Merriman and Ware get all the glory. Without these guys, they wouldn't be as successful.
Want to complain more about his numbers? Go ahead...but before you do so, do your homework.

This guy was by far the best free agent pick up in a REALLY long time. Way better than the Owens signing.

TrEd FTW
03-17-2010, 11:16 PM

Bickering about a 3-4 DE's lack of sacks? Really? He's basically a smaller DT whose role is to fill gaps and stop the run. He did both well in Baltimore, as Raven fans have attested to, and is quite a solid get for a team transitioning to the 3-4. Edwards is a very credible pickup for the Bills.

Tatonka
03-19-2010, 11:59 AM
You clearly don't understand a 34 defense. Those are SOLID numbers for a DE in a 34. Brett Keisel of the Steelers who is considered to be one of the premier 34 DE's posted 53 tackles a 3 sacks. They're not like 43 DE's. They're not pass rushers. So to have 3 sacks is pretty good. Lets compare him to some other 34 DE's...

Dwan Edwards - 50 tackles, 3 sacks
Ty Warren - 46 tackles, 1 sack
Brett Keisel - 53 tackles, 3 sacks
Luis Castillo - 25 tackles, 2 sacks
Igor Olshansky - 40 tackles, 1.5 sacks
Marcus Spears - 25 tackles, 2.5 sacks

All these guys played for great 34 defenses, surrounded by the likes of Demarcus Ware, Terrell Suggs, James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, Shawn Merriman, Greg Ellis, etc. Their numbers aren't eye popping but it's not a flashy position. They do the dirty work so guys like Merriman and Ware get all the glory. Without these guys, they wouldn't be as successful.
Want to complain more about his numbers? Go ahead...but before you do so, do your homework.

This guy was by far the best free agent pick up in a REALLY long time. Way better than the Owens signing.

wow, well that does make me feel better.. seeing the comparison to others in the same situation. thanks for the update. clearly i was not really thinking about the 3-4 making that big of a difference.

Ed
03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
So will Edwards play RE or LE? What did he play in Baltimore?

SirMcGee
03-19-2010, 04:00 PM
So will Edwards play RE or LE? What did he play in Baltimore?

I'm sure he moved around. That's whats so great about Baltimore's defense. Players move around so much. I'm pretty sure they even had Ngata playing DE in some plays.