• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

I'm happy we made moves too BUT

Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis aren't guys that are Impact, Gamechanging, Pro bowl calibre guys. I hope they work out like everyone else.

But we need to stop accepting mediocrity in Buffalo. This was an Uncapped year, we could have THREW Major dollars at the ELITE FA's.

Have we sucked so bad we are excited about Backups on good teams. These guys we signed wouldn't be starting on teams like the Jets, Steelers.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: I'm happy we made moves too BUT

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
    Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis aren't guys that are Impact, Gamechanging, Pro bowl calibre guys. I hope they work out like everyone else.

But we need to stop accepting mediocrity in Buffalo. This was an Uncapped year, we could have THREW Major dollars at the ELITE FA's.

Have we sucked so bad we are excited about Backups on good teams. These guys we signed wouldn't be starting on teams like the Jets, Steelers.
    Which elite FAs?

And did they want to come here?

It is not as easy as throwing money at guys.

And there were very few elite FAs to start with.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

And the 'Impact, Gamechanging, Pro bowl caliber' FA's this off season that fit a 34 defense are.......???
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

There was no one out there worth throwing the money at Peppers would be about it...i wanted players that were stop gap players as well as able to help with the transition of the 3-4

Guys to come in and teach the new draft picks how to play this D and help the vets to transition

Davis and Edwards are both solid football players not flashy but will come to work every game
        thats what we need a change of attitude not a bumch of flash in the pan FAs with 2 good years left thats all that was available this yr

otherwise i would agree with u

keep the signings coming and stop retaining our bums like Corto and ellison etc.
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

you're not going to get Ray Lewis performance for peanuts either.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

We could have tried to sign Dansby, Peppers, Eugene Amano. Amano is better than what we have on the OL. Even if guys reject us, we should still make an effort, you never know if you overpay what can happen.

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

With our needs, these are two of the best signings we could have made.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

And you know we didn't talk to them because....
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• JCBills
                  • Jan 2010

We could have tried to sign Dansby, Peppers, Eugene Amano. Amano is better than what we have on the OL. Even if guys reject us, we should still make an effort, you never know if you overpay what can happen.
                  You have no idea what they did or didn't try to do.

Nix has a seal on OBD, nobody even knew Dwan Edwards was visiting until he was in the building.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

I don't think the sentiment is "we should have gotten better players."

I think it's "let's not cream ourselves for guys who haven't proven they're that caliber."

They got a journeyman who didn't do much for his new team last year, and a career backup who had a good half-season and has a fused spine.
                    I'm going to see how they do before getting excited about them.
                    Last edited by Philagape; 03-16-2010, 09:40 PM.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by JCBills
                      You have no idea what they did or didn't try to do.

Nix has a seal on OBD, nobody even knew Dwan Edwards was visiting until he was in the building.
                      How come, No reports ever stated Buffalo as a team of interest that made offers on ESPN. They listed teams that were interested in those players. Why do we give Buffalo the benefit of a doubt. Do they deserve anything after the last decade. This teams management/ownership has made a bad rep on players and fans.

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

How come, No reports ever stated Buffalo as a team of interest that made offers on ESPN. They listed teams that were interested in those players. Why do we give Buffalo the benefit of a doubt. Do they deserve anything after the last decade. This teams management/ownership has made a bad rep on players and fans.
                        Wrong, they speculated on teams they think could be interested, hence the ? next to the team names. People like to take speculation as fact for whatever reason.

Like I just said, were there any reports that Dwan Edwards was even visiting? No, and those usually come before the offers.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

this team is in no position to do that. Green, Edwards, Davis, and whoever else they sign are going to have to be good enough until they get a year of draft picks under their belt.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Raptor
                            • Jan 2009

lolol Silliness

Listen the Bills are finally doing what we should have been doing a long time ago and thats building through the draft and using FA'cy to augment that by adding a solid starter or two and some depth. Long story short we should be modeling ourselves after there Steelers and by the looks of it we are now

This idea that we should be chasing these big ticket FA's is a faulty one and doesnt fit the profile of how this team should be run. We should be modeling ourselves after the Steelers but it seems like some Bills fans like to try and kid themselves and convince themselves we should be run like a big market team like the Cowboys or the Washington. If your waiting for that I kind of feel sad for you because your waiting for something that isnt going to happen here nor should it

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Peppers is not a DE in a 3-4 . He's a question mark at lber. Might as well see what we have in Maybin at lber who's younger.

All I can hope for is improvement. We are not going to get it in just one season.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-16-2010, 10:02 PM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X