PDA

View Full Version : Edwards will be a Bill on Wednesday

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Ravens Insider is reporting that Edwards will sign a four year contract with the Bills on Wednesday.

""It looks like I'm going to be a Buffalo Bill." he told him.
""It would have been nice to stay in Baltimore, but it's a business."

B-DON
03-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Ravens Insider is reporting that Edwards will sign a four year contract with the Bills on Wednesday.

""It looks like I'm going to be a Buffalo Bill." he told him.
""It would have been nice to stay in Baltimore, but it's a business."

Nice move

BillsWin
03-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Damn right its a business. Some people don't understand that. I'm glad that we finally have a front office who does. You have to spend money to get the players who fit your scheme. It looks like we are going to start doing that.

clumping platelets
03-16-2010, 11:19 PM
:clap:

TrEd FTW
03-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Nix & Whaley :rockout:

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 11:22 PM
National Football Post reporter Aaron Wilson reported on his twitter (http://twitter.com/RavensInsider) late Tuesday night that free agent defensive end Dwan Edwards will sign a contract to join the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday.

According to Wilson the contract will be for four years and $18 million.

“It looks like I’m going to be a Buffalo Bill.” Edwards told Wilson Tuesday night. “It would have been nice to stay in Baltimore, but it’s a business.”

So hopefully by the time you’re on your first or second cup of coffee at the office, the ink will be drying on Edwards’ new contract.

homeslice5484
03-16-2010, 11:28 PM
4.5 million a year, wow

B-DON
03-16-2010, 11:30 PM
contract may be a little steep but its about time the front office realized that until we put a proven winner on the field we are going to have to overpay a bit to get the players we need.

B-DON
03-16-2010, 11:32 PM
And i would take him over kennedy any day. I'm glad he chose minnesota now

ajgoff1286
03-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Very good news, great signing

The Spaz
03-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Edwards said the deal was finalized at midnight EST.

http://twitter.com/RavensInsider

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah.

Hey, ya gotta give it up to the Bills. I like these signings, especially Edwards.

I really liked him before FA for this role. and honestly, I didn't think the Bills had it in them to land Edwards.

Nix proved me wrong for what is hopefully the first of many times.

B-DON
03-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Yeah.

Hey, ya gotta give it up to the Bills. I like these signings, especially Edwards.

I really liked him before FA for this role. and honestly, I didn't think the Bills had it in them to land Edwards.

yeah but is it really that hard to prove you wrong Pat? jk

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 11:49 PM
yeah but is it really that hard to prove you wrong Pat? jk

You got a good point there my friend.. :)

patmoran2006
03-16-2010, 11:50 PM
And i would take him over kennedy any day. I'm glad he chose minnesota now

I dont think Kennedy had anything to do with Edwards one way or the other.. Kennedy was being brought in to play NT in the 3-4.

They're still looking for one.

B-DON
03-17-2010, 12:01 AM
I dont think Kennedy had anything to do with Edwards one way or the other.. Kennedy was being brought in to play NT in the 3-4.

They're still looking for one.

true, i would rather draft a nt then sign what is or was availble via fa. plus edwards fills a need i dont think kennedy can play as well without the williams wall and allen

patmoran2006
03-17-2010, 12:06 AM
There's still a couple of rotational DT's out there in FA, like Gerald Warren.

patmoran2006
03-17-2010, 12:06 AM
BTW, Dwan Edwards admits the Bills are the only team that made him an offer, including Baltimore.

B-DON
03-17-2010, 12:18 AM
There's still a couple of rotational DT's out there in FA, like Gerald Warren.

True but i just dont see warren bringing us anything that a 4th or 5th rd Dt couldnt do. just mo

plundar
03-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Great moves by the Bills. About F'n time they did something notable in FA. Still quite the mountian to climb, but I love the moves today. Thanks Pat for the insight.

Michael82
03-17-2010, 02:57 AM
Excellent news! I was getting kinda worried because we didn't have much 3-4 personnel. I'm glad we got two solid guys that aren't that old to help our current players and the rookies in the Tampa2--->3-4 transition. I have liked Andra Davis for a while. He's better than Mitchell. Dwan Edwards is even better as long as his neck injury is 100% healed.

psubills62
03-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Excellent news! I was getting kinda worried because we didn't have much 3-4 personnel. I'm glad we got two solid guys that aren't that old to help our current players and the rookies in the Tampa2--->3-4 transition. I have liked Andra Davis for a while. He's better than Mitchell. Dwan Edwards is even better as long as his neck injury is 100% healed.
Agreed. To me, the Davis signing doesn't necessarily fill a hole, but Edwards' signing sure helps. It seems like most 3-4 teams employ a heavy rotation on their DL, and since all we really had was Stroud/Williams/Johnson on the DL, we had to pick somebody up. Like I said in another thread, I'd still like to get another stud DE at some point (a la New England and Ty Warren/Richard Seymour), but it's not as pressing now.

It would be nice to get an ILB like Pat Angerer in the draft to spend a year behind Davis. It will still take 2 offseasons to be able to truly fill this defensive roster, but these two signings are solid steps towards that.

McBFLO
03-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Mitchell had experience in the 3-4 as an ILB, didn't he? That'll help with the transition too. We just need a big fat a$$ to hold down the nose and we'll be well on our way. Cody in the 2nd anyone?

justasportsfan
03-17-2010, 09:42 AM
you've done this before Pat when you complained about the bills not doing anything in FA'cy and then days later they brought in Dockery and co.

Chill. Nix and co. are not impulsive shopping. I expect more movement down the road but only with player that they think will be here to grow with those we draft other than Green who I think is a stop gap.

BertSquirtgum
03-17-2010, 04:04 PM
has edwards actually been inked yet? i haven't seen anything about it on rotoworld.

SquishDaFish
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Yes he met with the media already. Check buffalobills.com he has a 1 on 1 with Brown on there.