PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Andrews released

Mahdi
03-17-2010, 01:03 PM
I think Buffalo should take a look at this guy as a LT or G. He was an amazing player before his back injuries.

If he recovers well from his most recent surgery he can be a huge addition to our OL.

I would overpay him just a little to get him here. Although risky, the payoff would be massive if he is healthy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/17/andrews-plans-to-continue-playing-football/

patmoran2006
03-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Isn't he out until at least training camp?

The Spaz
03-17-2010, 01:14 PM
It's not just his back but has a personality disorder. He also has a weight issue. No thanks.

Mahdi
03-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Isn't he out until at least training camp?
If he is ready by TC then that would be fine. The guy is a Pro-Bowler and one of the best run blockers in the league when healthy.

He was supposed to be the starting RT for the Eagles who are a pass first team, I think he could be a LT in a run first team.

Mr. Pink
03-17-2010, 01:17 PM
I'll be shocked if he ever plays another down in the NFL to be honest.

He has fought depression issues, back problems and has played in a total of 2 games in the past 2 years.

There is NO timetable for recovery on his back as of this time which is why the Eagles released him.

more cowbell
03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
he was good 3 years ago...no thanks

patmoran2006
03-17-2010, 01:32 PM
The Bills like Wood and Levitre at guard.

If anything they're now looking for a SEth McKinney type to backup the interior. I dont see them spending any real money there.

Maybe they invite Kendall Simmons back to compete at guard.

Mahdi
03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
The Bills like Wood and Levitre at guard.

If anything they're now looking for a SEth McKinney type to backup the interior. I dont see them spending any real money there.

Maybe they invite Kendall Simmons back to compete at guard.
I want him as a OT if healthy.

Mudflap1
03-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Forget this guy. Eagles fans don't like him. The guy's heart and desire is rountinely questioned, he always gets injured, etc. We would be overpaying for a guy that would be on the IR, and we would be questioning his will to play. Waste of money.

TigerJ
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM
I know he was a tackle in college (Arkansas, wasn't it?) but he's been playing guard when he's actually playd for the Eagles. I would think the Bills would need to be cautious when considering a guy with as many red flags as Shawn Andrews.

Forward_Lateral
03-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Why would you want a guy who's nuts, and has barely played in 2 seasons?

PECKERWOOD
03-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Forget this guy. Eagles fans don't like him. The guy's heart and desire is rountinely questioned, he always gets injured, etc. We would be overpaying for a guy that would be on the IR, and we would be questioning his will to play. Waste of money.

In all fairness, Eagles fans are more obnoxious than Raiders & Patriots fans combined, so if the price is right I'd still bring him in, he can't be worst than Bell.

Mudflap1
03-17-2010, 06:53 PM
In all fairness, Eagles fans are more obnoxious than Raiders & Patriots fans combined, so if the price is right I'd still bring him in, he can't be worst than Bell.

He can be worse than Bell, or anyone for that matter if he takes a fat salary and has a starting position allocated to him, but doesn't suit up and play at all.

You don't know what you are talking about in this case. Andrews was injured and was supposed to come back sometime in training camp last year. But he didn't. It kept getting delayed, and the team/players/media/fans started saying "this guy can probably suit up, why isn't he?" In the meantime, Shawn Andrews, who was too injured and hobbled to play, decided training camp would be a good time to professionally record a rap song, of which everyone in Philly was totally offended that this slug was too busy/hurt to play, or even try to play, but he was able to go record songs. Finally, he never came back, and the team put him on IR. The song meanwhile was played on talk radio for months.

billsburgh
03-17-2010, 07:26 PM
this guy would rather tweet all day than get his lazy ass in shape to play football again

justasportsfan
03-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I would overpay him just a little to get him here. Although risky, the payoff would be massive if he is healthy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/17/andrews-plans-to-continue-playing-football/

overpay someone with question marks? thats crazy talk

SirMcGee
03-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Yea let's sign Shawn Andrews. We can also go after Barret Robbins (former C for the Raiders).

clumping platelets
03-18-2010, 12:54 AM
No thanks.......this guy is :coocoo:

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 06:51 AM
overpay someone with question marks? thats crazy talk
I would sign him only if his recovery was going well. A lot of his issues have stemmed from his back issues. If he can get over that he can go back to being a PBer.

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2010, 07:35 AM
I would sign him only if his recovery was going well. A lot of his issues have stemmed from his back issues. If he can get over that he can go back to being a PBer.

you would have to be prepared to bend over and get screwed in the ass because that's what would happen if the bills wasted money on an injury prone nut ball.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 07:43 AM
you would have to be prepared to bend over and get screwed in the ass because that's what would happen if the bills wasted money on an injury prone nut ball.
A one year contract in an uncapped year can't get you into too much trouble. If it doesn't work, you don't lose anything.

SABURZFAN
03-18-2010, 08:22 AM
A one year contract in an uncapped year can't get you into too much trouble. If it doesn't work, you don't lose anything.

tell that to The Old Fart's bank account after you overpaid him.

no thanks on this guy.