PDA

View Full Version : Did we already talk about Whitehurst going to Seattle?

EDS
03-17-2010, 05:23 PM
There is something on ESPN to that effect.

wmoz11
03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Seattle traded a 3rd in 2011 and swapped 2nd round picks this year (losing 20 places) for Whitehurst.

They also gave him a contract valued at 5M/year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/17/obtaining-whitehurst-proves-costly-for-seahawks/

EDS
03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Swap of seconds and a third next year? Seems steep. Glad the Bills didn't do this.

X-Era
03-17-2010, 05:27 PM
There is something on ESPN to that effect.

I think they are out of the Clausen sweepstakes, Bradford will be gone.

If your a Clausen to the Bills fan, your hopes just went up.

Philagape
03-17-2010, 05:29 PM
That's a huge commitment.
Unfortunately that increases the chances a QB will fall to the Bills :ill:

EDS
03-17-2010, 05:31 PM

That is disconcerting.

SquishDaFish
03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Nothing wrong with Clausen falling to us. I would love to have us pick him.

THATHURMANATOR
03-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Which is a good thing.

Why the hell would Seattle give up so much for a guy that hasn't even thrown 1 pass in 5 years??? ******ed.

Philagape
03-17-2010, 05:42 PM
It also increases the chances that Seattle will take a tackle :ill:

T-Long
03-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Jimmy Clausen, welcome to Buffalo!

THATHURMANATOR
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Sounds great to me!!!

MUUUUUUCH rather have Jimmy Clausen than Charlie Whitehurst. That is for certain.

Beebe's Kid
03-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Man, something about Clausen doesn't sit well with me... it might be that he doesn't win football games, or that he comes across as an arrogant *****... hmmm, I don't know if that's it or not. I think I would rather have the Tebow talk. Clausen just screams bust to me. Hopefully Chucky Weis can't pass him up.

Dicknoze69
03-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Man, something about Clausen doesn't sit well with me... it might be that he doesn't win football games, or that he comes across as an arrogant *****... hmmm, I don't know if that's it or not. I think I would rather have the Tebow talk. Clausen just screams bust to me. Hopefully Chucky Weis can't pass him up.

I want to like Clausen, but Ingtar's review of him in our scouting zone scared the hell out of me and labeled him with high bust potential, which we cannot afford. Additionally, I've seen that opinion corroborated by people like Daniel Jeremiah of Move the Sticks, who says he knows nobody that has Clausen as a high first rounder. My hunch is that Clausen isn't rated as highly by actual professionals as he is by the media.

Nighthawk
03-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Now that is a crazy price to pay for a guy who hasn't proven a damn thing yet, except that he can be a #3 QB in the NFL.

scartown
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
I would love Clausen to fall to the Bills but the Skins could grab him at 4.

X-Era
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I would love Clausen to fall to the Bills but the Skins could grab him at 4.
Unless Bradford falls to 4, which is not impossible.

X-Era
03-17-2010, 08:31 PM
BY the way, the Skins got Grossman, and the Browns signed Delhomme.

Both those teams could still draft a QB first and foremost, but thats a lot of emphasis on just one position by both... I could easily see at least the Browns skipping QB in round 1... maybe the Skins as well... they kept Campbell as well.

Jaybird
03-17-2010, 08:40 PM

NIX does want someone who performed at ever level. If i remember correctly Clausen was the number one recruit coming out of high school. He started as a freshman at ND and improved every season

X-Era
03-17-2010, 08:49 PM
NIX does want someone who performed at ever level. If i remember correctly Clausen was the number one recruit coming out of high school. He started as a freshman at ND and improved every season

I like what I see from him. I hear the thoughts that the class is weak. My thought on that is if there were 2 or 3 blue chippers, we might be talking about 2 or 3 going in the top 5, and were not picking that high.

Id love a stud LT, a stud NT, but yes, Id love a franchise QB. Luckily, the draft has more than one round.