PDA

View Full Version : Chad Henne: "Tebow is not an NFL QB"

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Wow, a guy who has accomplished nothing in the league is calling out a guy who has not even set foot in the NFL yet.

Low class.

Now I want Tebow even more, he is already motivated to succeed, he will be 10x more motivated to kill the Phins twice a year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/chad-henne-says-tebow-isnt-a-quarterback/

mayotm
03-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Henne is entitlted to his opinion, but it's not terribly bright to question other player's skills when he is still unproven.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Well, there are many folks who have never taken a snap in their life that have claimed the same thing.

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2010, 07:21 AM
chad henne? what a ****ing joke

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Well, there are many folks who have never taken a snap in their life that have claimed the same thing.
It's different when it comes from one of your peers. Henne shouldn't say that.

Tebow has more respect in the NFL than Chad Henne and he hasn't even been drafted yet.

Italian Stallion
03-18-2010, 07:27 AM
I like the last line of this post by Florio, that he hopes Tebow ends up in the AFC East.

Love to see this chump eat **** and watch Tebow outplay him twice a year

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Henne is a joke, but I cant call him a liar

Novacane
03-18-2010, 07:48 AM
So he's saying he and Tebow have something in common?

Static
03-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Wow, a guy who has accomplished nothing in the league is calling out a guy who has not even set foot in the NFL yet.

Low class.

Now I want Tebow even more, he is already motivated to succeed, he will be 10x more motivated to kill the Phins twice a year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/chad-henne-says-tebow-isnt-a-quarterback/

Yeah I think it was poor judgement on Henne's part to say anything like that, not that his opinion will sway anyone........But he is probably right, so i hope you guys do draft Tebow.

Ickybaluky
03-18-2010, 08:03 AM
LINK (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-03-17/improved-mechanics-tebow-shows-hes-quarterback)

He has five team-specific workouts in the coming weeks -- with the Bufalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots, Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins -- and another five weeks to continue honing his new mechanics before the draft.

SABURZFAN
03-18-2010, 08:12 AM
i don't care how far he's coming along with the new mechanics. if he's ever under pressure from an NFL defense, he's going to revert back to his old ways.

better days
03-18-2010, 08:23 AM
i don't care how far he's coming along with the new mechanics. if he's ever under pressure from an NFL defense, he's going to revert back to his old ways.

OK soothsayer, how do you know that? I will tell you how, you heard Kiper or McShay say it. Well guess what, both of them have been wrong before.

Pinkerton Security
03-18-2010, 08:26 AM
You certainly dont hear Peyton Manning or even Brady going around saying people arent NFL QB's...and THEY have proven to be some of the best all-time!! Henne is out of line, especially considering he has not accomplished jack.

Static
03-18-2010, 08:29 AM
You certainly dont hear Peyton Manning or even Brady going around saying people arent NFL QB's...and THEY have proven to be some of the best all-time!! Henne is out of line, especially considering he has not accomplished jack.

Yes but those two are older wiser veterens, Henne is still just a dumb kid, Hopefully someone in the organization is telling him to shut-up.

don137
03-18-2010, 08:34 AM
I am not a fan of Tebow but those comments from Henne are hilarious. Its like Paris Hilton criticizing someone for being a bad actress.

Beebe's Kid
03-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Has there ever been a pick that has caused such a stir? The divide on Tebow is amazing.

I can't seem to buy into the fact that this guy will not be able to play NFL QB. Tebow is going to be successful in whatever he does, that's just who he is. He has the athletic ability, and the drive to prove people wrong. Look at the amount of improvement he has demonstrated concerning the issues with his delivery. i am not a scout, but I don't think there was any debate about his improving.

I was watching the NFL Network this morning and they were talking about Tebow... it was Dukes, Woodson, and Fran Charles... Dukes is saying he won't make it, and Charles is saying it will take two years for his mechanics to change, and Woodson just kind of say "why?" This was a question neither could answer.

For whatever reason people love to hate on Tebow...I think that his make-up will allow him to use that as inspiration to drive him to succeed.

Henne might not be an NFL QB. He played alright last year, but he wasn't lights out, and his team refuses to part with any of the gaggle of QB's they have. That isn' t exactly a big boost of confidence. My prediction is Henne is out of the league well before Tebow.

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2010, 08:42 AM
somebody should punch him in the nose

DMBcrew36
03-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Henne should keep his mouth shut and worry about himself, but with that said, Henne will be a better NFL QB than Tebow.

disclaimer: I'm a Michigan fan.

trapezeus
03-18-2010, 08:52 AM
that would be fun to have a hated battle with a QB where we could occassionally win. i forget what that feels like.

Can you imagine marino getting pulled for a WR and RB to play QB a handful of times per game? Henne blows.

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Henne might be a better NFL QB than Tebow, but we can't judge that until Tebow actually plays in the NFL. I'm pretty sure these types of statements should be said by NFL veterans who have actually won something in the league, not a guy who got his starting job because the actual starter suffered a season ending injury.

Mike13
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Henne will actually be a very good QB in the NFL, so its good to see so many of you scared of him.

Keep dreaming pal

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 09:25 AM
Henne will actually be a very good QB in the NFL, so its good to see so many of you scared of him.

How do you know he will be "very good"?

Based on what I saw last year, I'd say that is still up for debate at the very least.

LtFinFan66
03-18-2010, 09:32 AM
It's different when it comes from one of your peers. Henne shouldn't say that.

Tebow has more respect in the NFL than Chad Henne and he hasn't even been drafted yet.and you come to this conclusion how exactly?

Luisito23
03-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Henne sucks!!!!

elltrain22
03-18-2010, 09:38 AM
STFU Chad Henne.

Mike13
03-18-2010, 09:39 AM

Based on what I've seen I think he has "it" now I do think he needs some weapons to throw to and he does need to work on his touch passes.
Yes, he made rookie mistakes last year but those were to be expected.

Henne sucks!!!!

He sure beat you guys now didnt he?

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 09:43 AM

I guess that depends on which week you're referring to.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
and you come to this conclusion how exactly?
Every team in the NFL came out to see him specifically at his Pro-day.

He has NFL coaches going to him to help him succeed as an NFL QB.

John Gruden going out to coach him up for free tells you people respect Tebow and are rooting for him to succeed and are even willing to donate their time to ensure it happens.

Henne coming out and saying those comments about Tebow makes him look like an a$$.

TrEd FTW
03-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Chad who?

Mr. Pink
03-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Chad Henne will have a longer career as a clipboard holder than Tebow will.

better days
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Based on what I've seen I think he has "it" now I do think he needs some weapons to throw to and he does need to work on his touch passes.

I remember many people saying the same thing about Trent Edwards. I would trade him to you for a bag of footballs.

Mr Bills
03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
henne is right. the bills better not touch teblow b4 round 5. i wouldn't mind teblow being our new FB tho. im sure hes a instant upgrade over c mac.

Aero II
03-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Chad is affraid Timmy will show him up.

Static
03-18-2010, 12:03 PM
I have never seen people get so upset over a QB that hasn't been drafted by your team yet, When and if the bills don't pick him, the same people will be ripping Tebow apart.

JCBills
03-18-2010, 03:34 PM
OK soothsayer, how do you know that? I will tell you how, you heard Kiper or McShay say it. Well guess what, both of them have been wrong before.

Actually it was Brian Billick that first put out that statement.

JCBills
03-18-2010, 03:54 PM

Based on what I saw last year, I'd say that is still up for debate at the very least.

His chances to succeed seem much higher than Tebow's.

Henne showed a lot of good things last year.

PromoTheRobot
03-18-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bzZEtOcb8

Chad Henne...Chad Henne? Chad Henne is JOKE!

PTR

justasportsfan
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM

I was impressed with enne just like I was impressed with trent. Trent Edwards had better start than Henne. Henne may turn out to be good but lets face it, you're biased just like we were biased into thinking Trent would be a good .

He sure beat you guys now didnt he?JP has a wiining record vs. the fins

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2010, 07:48 PM
chan henne? seriously? dolphin's fans really think he is going to be good? man, that's hilarious.

better days
03-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Actually it was Brian Billick that first put out that statement.

I knew you heard it somewhere & were just parroting it. The point is nobody knows what Tebow will do until he does it. Just because someone else did that does not mean Tebow will.

Just about everyone agrees they were amazed at how much Tebow improved in such a short time. In other words that is not a usual thing for a player to do. In the same respect Tebow will improve even more before the season starts & chances are very good he will not do the same thing they have seen done before by OTHERS.

JCBills
03-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I knew you heard it somewhere & were just parroting it. The point is nobody knows what Tebow will do until he does it. Just because someone else did that does not mean Tebow will.

Just about everyone agrees they were amazed at how much Tebow improved in such a short time. In other words that is not a usual thing for a player to do. In the same respect Tebow will improve even more before the season starts & chances are very good he will not do the same thing they have seen done before by OTHERS.

Me? All I did is say where the statement originated from. Got to there and the rest was too long.

ZAZusmc03
03-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Chad Henne has now "retracted" his statement.

Two days after saying Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5096) "isn't an NFL quarterback (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/18/chad-henne-says-tebow-isnt-a-quarterback/)," Miami's starting NFL quarterback Chad Henne (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4684) wanted to clarify his remarks.

"I didn't really say he wasn't wasn't able to be one," Henne told Miami reporters Friday. "We're all in this process, learning how to be an NFL quarterback. Obviously, he's taken the right steps to improve his game"

Henne went on to praise Tebow's recent improvements (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/03/chad-henne-clarifies-tim-tebow-comments.html) and the quality of his coaching . . . . you get the idea. More than anything, Henne sounded understandably embarrassed his comments got so much attention.
per PFT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/19/chad-henne-backtracks-on-henne-comment/

Aliceinchainsbills15
03-19-2010, 03:21 PM

Low class.

I have an odd feeling that wherever Tebow lands, he is going to prove all of those critics wrong. Just saying.

JCBills
03-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Chad Henne has now "retracted" his statement.

per PFT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/19/chad-henne-backtracks-on-henne-comment/

I think that things taken out of context can be twisted and blown up. That being said, I agree with his original statement.

SABURZFAN
03-19-2010, 03:44 PM
CHAD HENNE IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCBills
03-19-2010, 03:55 PM
CHAD HENNE IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You been playin' that damn foosball again?!?!

DMBcrew36
03-20-2010, 12:06 AM
It's funny seeing all these Henne haters on here. He was damn good at Michigan. It's not saying a ton, but he'd be an upgrade over every current Bills QB if he were to join the Bills tomorrow. I say this because he has more potential upside than anyone we have.

Novacane
03-20-2010, 07:42 AM

Keep dreaming pal

:rofl: And then you go on to tell someone else to keep dreaming :lmao:

Novacane
03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
It's funny seeing all these Henne haters on here. He was damn good at Michigan. It's not saying a ton, but he'd be an upgrade over every current Bills QB if he were to join the Bills tomorrow. I say this because he has more potential upside than anyone we have.

Saying he's better than any Bills QB means nothing. He's better than 3 turds. Big deal. He still sucks.

dplus47
03-20-2010, 04:38 PM

Better grab Tebow in the first, just in case.

It's always a big deal when a team's #3 QB is more motivated to kill the other team. That scout team offense will really hum during Dolphins week.

I don't think Henne should have said anything, but I agree with the content of what he said.

PECKERWOOD
03-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Cool, neither will be QBs in the NFL for long, they share that much in common.

Griff
03-21-2010, 12:24 AM

because playing well in college always means they'll play well in the NFL :rolleyes:

NOT THE DUDE...
03-21-2010, 05:40 AM
I can already see the reincarnation of marino vs kelly, tebow vs henne...

SABURZFAN
03-21-2010, 07:08 AM

and that's where you're wrong...... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! i don't read or listen to Kiper or McShay. i have Draftboy in here for my fix. also, if YOU want to buy into the hype how he's improved his footwork, holding the ball, etc... that's fine. but when the kid is under duress by a blitzing NFL defense, he's not thinking about the mechanics that he's been recently taught. he's running for his life. did you not learn that when Lossman was here?

kernowboy
03-21-2010, 07:18 AM
and that's where you're wrong...... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! i don't read or listen to Kiper or McShay. i have Draftboy in here for my fix. also, if YOU want to buy into the hype how he's improved his footwork, holding the ball, etc... that's fine. but when the kid is under duress by a blitzing NFL defense, he's not thinking about the mechanics that he's been recently taught. he's running for his life. did you not learn that when Lossman was here?

And nothing has been said about stopping his inability to read defences or stare down receivers .....

People who have to learn a new skill often resort to their 'default setting' when placed under pressure ... the Bills are a finishing school for those who want to prove people wrong.

better days
03-21-2010, 08:18 AM

OK, I was wrong about where you heard it. You got it 2nd hand from Draftboy...............He heard it elsewhere, not you. That is the only thing I was wrong about in that post, where you heard it. The fact remains you were still PARROTING what you heard.

better days
03-21-2010, 08:21 AM
And nothing has been said about stopping his inability to read defences or stare down receivers .....

People who have to learn a new skill often resort to their 'default setting' when placed under pressure ... the Bills are a finishing school for those who want to prove people wrong.

Everyone says Tebow will not be ready to start by his 1st year anyway. By his 2nd year, maybe even the end of the 1st he will be able to read a defense & his new mechanics will no longer be new but will be natural.

New Ro's Greatest
03-21-2010, 08:23 AM
I can't believe a dolphin is right about something! GO BILLS:D:

DMBcrew36
03-21-2010, 08:42 AM
because playing well in college always means they'll play well in the NFL :rolleyes:

One played in a pro-style offense and has great mechanics. The other played in a spread with gimmicks, has very poor mechanics and has not shown he can do anything but struggle in a pro-style offense.

It's not an end all be all, but to write off who they are as players until this point would be absurd.

kernowboy
03-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Everyone says Tebow will not be ready to start by his 1st year anyway. By his 2nd year, maybe even the end of the 1st he will be able to read a defense & his new mechanics will no longer be new but will be natural.

We need our Day1 and Day2 picks all starting this season. We can get a better QB than Tebow in next years draft if we're simply going to sit him this year.

SaviorEdwards
03-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Henne was an epic failure!!!!! 0-4 vs. Ohio State. That and that alone measures how good of a Michigan QB you were.

dplus47
03-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Henne was an epic failure!!!!! 0-4 vs. Ohio State. That and that alone measures how good of a Michigan QB you were.

Yet his last game was a victory over which team, with which QB?

SaviorEdwards
03-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Yet his last game was a victory over which team, with which QB?

doesn't matter when you play for UM or osu all that matters is the Game. Maybe if he won a relevant bowl it would have mitigated his epic failure but the Capital One Bowl, seriously???? Child please....

JCBills
03-21-2010, 05:49 PM
doesn't matter when you play for UM or osu all that matters is the Game. Maybe if he won a relevant bowl it would have mitigated his epic failure but the Capital One Bowl, seriously???? Child please....

Well seeing how that has no impact on his NFL performance, not sure why his Michigan career is even being brought up.

Henne is 7-6 as a starter with 3 300 yd games under his belt in just his second year, and first as a starter. He's played fairly well for a young QB.

dplus47
03-22-2010, 10:29 PM

So an epic failure of a quarterback who had an 0-4 record against his archrival still had a 1-0 career record against Tebow, who is the definition of "winner" in some circles. Not that it matters, of course.

If you had access to the game tape of that insignificant bowl game though, you could take a look at which QB was asked to make NFL throws and direct a pro-style offense, and then you could take a look at which QB was very limited in what he was asked to do. Henne played in a pro style offense for 4 years and looked like a quarterback for four years. Tebow played in a spread offense for 4 years and looked like a damn good college football player, but he never really looked like a quarterback to me.

LtFinFan66
03-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Henne was an epic failure!!!!! 0-4 vs. Ohio State. That and that alone measures how good of a Michigan QB you were.Ohio State simply had better teams for one. Plus they have won how many straight now?

dplus47
03-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Ohio State simply had better teams for one. Plus they have won how many straight now?

The big game has been a little less "big" since Tressel came to town. Not that I mind! It doesn't take away the satisfaction of victory.

/Buckeyes fan

The funny thing about using the "rivalry" test for a QB? If Bill Polian had followed it in 1998 he might have passed on Peyton Manning, who never beat Florida. Manning also never won a "real" bowl game: Citrus, Citrus, Gator... Hmmm...

I'm not trying to compare Henne to Manning at all, but I am trying to point out the need to break down a guy's game, rather than look at the results of certain games.