PDA

View Full Version : Who's Left in FA That Can Make Bills Better?

Bills Juggernaut
03-18-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm not talking about RFA's or trade rumors, but is there anyone left in FA that can make the Bills better and fill some gaping holes before the draft? I'm thinking more starters than depth.

better days
03-18-2010, 08:51 AM
I think we will have to wait for training camp, then there will be cuts as teams let some players go because they drafted a replacement that is younger & cheaper.

psubills62
03-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Even with a team as bad as the Bills, it's doubtful that there are starting-caliber guys out there.

I think guys who could possibly help us in a rotation are:
Joey Porter
Marques Douglas
Chike Okeafor
Bryan Robinson

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Joey Porter for sure (though I'd bet he doesnt come here)

Nick Eason would be great for depth and who knows, maybe he even beats out Marcus Stroud.

Kevin Mawae could be a one-year upgrade at center if the team decided to make Hangartner the primary interior backup (highly doubt it)

They need another wide receiver. L.Coles and K. Washington as well as even Bobby Wade could draw interest.

I"m sure they'll also find a Wade Smith type for an interior backup.

Beebe's Kid
03-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Pat, wasn't the word on the street that we were contacting Porter? If we did, he must have politely declined. Do you know anything about this?

I apologize ahead of time for the 4 page beating you will have to take for answering that question, concerning your accountability.

clumping platelets
03-18-2010, 09:04 AM
RB Willie Parker

clumping platelets
03-18-2010, 09:04 AM
WR Terrell Owens :D

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Pat, wasn't the word on the street that we were contacting Porter? If we did, he must have politely declined. Do you know anything about this?

I apologize ahead of time for the 4 page beating you will have to take for answering that question, concerning your accountability.

Yep.

I have no idea if they actually contacted Porter and if he responded-- but I very highly doubt he came here.

Unless it came down to Buffalo or not playing, such as it kinda did with Owens last year.

Luisito23
03-18-2010, 09:09 AM
It's nothing but trash left right now, best for us to wait after the draft.

djjimkelly
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
i dont think joey porter would make this team better. hes on the wrong side of 30 we already have countless OLB's on roster. and honestly i dont see him as a better olb then half the guys the bills claim that will play OLB

Night Train
03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Probably not too many UFA's left.

Still, many dozens of players who were tendered recently still haven't signed, meaning they can be had for a price. Don't sign them to offer sheets. Talk trade.

jdbillsfan
03-18-2010, 09:58 AM
We have a young team with a short supply of leaders and a short supply of talent.

Daunte Culpepper - Filled in ok while Stafford was hurt.
Rock Cartwright - Solid RB with good KR abilities.
Brian Westbrook - Cheap.
Kevin Jones
Domenick Hixon - Excellent speed
Todd Yoder - Good blocking TE
Algae Crumpler - Good blocking TE
Chester Pitts - Backup G
David Baas - Not sure what the tender is
Keydrick Vincent
Kevin Mawae - Vet, get our line in order
Kendrick Clancy
Grady Jackson - NT
Antonio Pierce -
Phillip Buchanon

DesertFox24
03-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Rob Mierer DT for the jags last year has had injury problems the past two years but we should be able to get him post draft to come in and battle for 34 DE spot.

Right now we have 4 DL and we probably need 7

Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Marcus Stroud, and Kyle Williams

Tra Thomas is someone I have been screaming about since he got cut and think he could come in and start for this year and let Bell meredith get another year of learning and then let our staff decide if we need someone or not.

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Gerald Warren is another guy I wouldnt mind taking a look at for a possible rotational NT

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I would take Owens back in a heartbeat.

I would also consider chopping my own leg off if the Bills even let Willie Parker visit the city.

bigbub2352
03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
We have a young team with a short supply of leaders and a short supply of talent.

Daunte Culpepper - Filled in ok while Stafford was hurt.
Rock Cartwright - Solid RB with good KR abilities.
Brian Westbrook - Cheap.
Kevin Jones
Domenick Hixon - Excellent speed
Todd Yoder - Good blocking TE
Algae Crumpler - Good blocking TE
Chester Pitts - Backup G
David Baas - Not sure what the tender is
Keydrick Vincent
Kevin Mawae - Vet, get our line in order
Kendrick Clancy
Grady Jackson - NT
Antonio Pierce -
Phillip Buchanon

I would not mind Grady Jackson for a stop gap...
and if we draft Clausen at 9 and TO still hasnt signed i wouldnt mind giving him a 2nd go gotta sell tickets
i also like Willie Parker and Joey Porter and Nick Eason..
Chester Pitts would also be solid depth for the Oline

M
03-18-2010, 10:41 AM
They need another wide receiver. L.Coles ... :ill:

I'd want T.O. back before Coles.

Forward_Lateral
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I'll throw away all my Bills memorabilia if they sign Culcrapper. He was HORRIBLE with Detroit, and is way past his good years.

jdbillsfan
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
I'll throw away all my Bills memorabilia if they sign Culcrapper. He was HORRIBLE with Detroit, and is way past his good years.

He started 5 games last year and had two 250+ yard passing games.

I am not saying he is great, but we are currently starting Fitzpatrick.

YardRat
03-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Depends on who gets released in the future...I don't see anybody left out there that can come in and start right now, but somewhere down the road we may be able to pick up another o-lineman or wide receiver.

methos4ever
03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Kevin Curtis and Javon Walker are risk-rewards that could be worth a shot. Also, not a FA but don't be surprised if we perhaps throw a late rounder to the Chargers for Buster Davis, who hasn't acquitted himself well in SD.

Don't Panic
03-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Walker is interesting... if he'd sign an incentive-based deal, we could have a TO replacement and keep us from putting too much pressure on Hardy or Johnson. I'd give him a two year deal if the price was right.

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Kevin Curtis and Javon Walker are risk-rewards that could be worth a shot. Also, not a FA but don't be surprised if we perhaps throw a late rounder to the Chargers for Buster Davis, who hasn't acquitted himself well in SD.

Walker is done. Over for him. He'll never be the same again.

Buster can't even see the field anymore. Legadu Nenee sees the field more than he does. No thanks to either. Curtis would be intriguing.

The last buffalo fan
03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
JP Losman - Qb

NOT THE DUDE...
03-18-2010, 06:48 PM
domenik hixon!

SABURZFAN
03-18-2010, 06:52 PM
JP Losman - Qb

please tell me this is a Mexican thing......

Don't Panic
03-18-2010, 07:29 PM
domenik hixon!

Hixon serves the same role Hardy would... so I'm not sure if that works. I would like to get a WR in here to act as a vet with Evans and take pressure off Hardy and Johnson.