• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Keep coming up with Clausen at 9

Like every mock guy out there that will admit it, and 99% of those who won't admit it-- I confess to knowing ****.. Mock drafts is nothing but an educated guess based on some logic and team needs and history.

I've done a few mocks this week (nothing published yet) and as of right now this week, everytime I've done one objectively I've come up with Jimmy Clausen to Buffalo at #9.

Of course, I can and probably will change my mind a million times as more free agents and trades happen before the draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Keep coming up with Clausen at 9

This is what I have as of right now.

1. Rams- Bradford
    2- Lions- Suh
    3. Bucs- McCoy
    4. Skins- Okung
    5. Chiefs- Berry
    6. Seahawks- CJ Spiller
    7. Browns- Dez Bryant
    8. Raiders- Bulaga (surprise pick)
    9. Bills- Clausen

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Other than the Rams I don't see no one picking a QB, so yeah we will have Clausen drop to us, and I wouldn't mind drafting him at all.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
        Other than the Rams I don't see no one picking a QB, so yeah we will have Clausen drop to us, and I wouldn't mind drafting him at all.
        You're probably right, though its not out of the realm at all that Cleveland or Oakland could go QB.

But you're probably right.

If Clausen is there at #9, they way I'm seeing it now is the only way he passes on him is if Buddy Nix REALLY likes a QB he can identify later in the draft.

I mean.. again its a guessing game.. None of us know how Nix and Gailey feel about Trent Edwards.

Another thing I really think.. If you noticed how much teams put value on their NT this FA period, I truly dont think Cody is there at 41 for Buffalo.. If they want him they are going to have to move up, maybe up to near the end of the first round like they did (busted) with McCargo in 2006.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Unlike 95% of Bills fans.. I am not convinced the Bills are taking a LT or Dan Williams at #9.

If Nix identifies a franchise player at #9 thats not a LT I hope he takes him (Bryant, Clausen, Spiller, I dont care)..

They could let Bell and Meredith compete at LT in 2010.. I know that sounds insane and maybe they get a LT in round 2 or 3.

But I dont see a lock at LT at #9. and I hope they dont limit themselves either if a great player is there.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I can see the Browns going with a QB. Delhomme isn't a long term answer and appears in my eyes to be a guy who can groom a young QB into the starter's role.

And Seneca Wallace isn't the guy that will be groomed.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
              I can see the Browns going with a QB. Delhomme isn't a long term answer and appears in my eyes to be a guy who can groom a young QB into the starter's role.

Possible for sure. Holmgren is definitely a QB guy.

Comment

• Raptor
                • Jan 2009

I think the Browns is where he lands

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i am not big on mock drafts and such, but how is colt mccoy going ahead of clausen, pat? Mccoy has a lot of issues with size and the system he played and the fact that he beat up on bad teams and played pretty average vs good teams.

Then you have the matter of his injury and him not coming back in. i see him being the 3 or 4th qb drafted.

but again, i don't know what i'm talking about and i rarely partake in mock drafts.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

I can't wait to see the Browns take another Notre Dame QB.

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
                      Without me it's just Awe so
                      • Jun 2004

If the Bills draft Claussen there is zero chance I come to Buffalo for the opener. I dont care if he falls to the 5th round.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        i am not big on mock drafts and such, but how is colt mccoy going ahead of clausen, pat? Mccoy has a lot of issues with size and the system he played and the fact that he beat up on bad teams and played pretty average vs good teams.

Then you have the matter of his injury and him not coming back in. i see him being the 3 or 4th qb drafted.

but again, i don't know what i'm talking about and i rarely partake in mock drafts.
                        If you're referring to the McCoy that Pat has the Bucs taking, that's Gerald McCoy, the defensive tackle.

God give me style and give me grace
                        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• dasaybz
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36

The problem with Cle going with a QB is that they will have way too much money tied up at QB this year. For a team with a ton of holes, I highly doubt they go QB this year.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

with our state of the organization and the huuuuuuuuuuuuge need for a franchise QB i think if Clausen falls we have to take a shot at him...we in my opinion have no choice, no way we stay status quo with the bums we have now
                            Gotta remember too pat they are looking to sell tickets and what better than a 1st rd highly touted QB to do that???????
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Please no. Clauson has bust written all over him.

Comment

Working...
                              X