PDA

View Full Version : Keep coming up with Clausen at 9

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Like every mock guy out there that will admit it, and 99% of those who won't admit it-- I confess to knowing ****.. Mock drafts is nothing but an educated guess based on some logic and team needs and history.

I've done a few mocks this week (nothing published yet) and as of right now this week, everytime I've done one objectively I've come up with Jimmy Clausen to Buffalo at #9.

Of course, I can and probably will change my mind a million times as more free agents and trades happen before the draft.

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 09:18 AM
This is what I have as of right now.

1. Rams- Bradford
2- Lions- Suh
3. Bucs- McCoy
4. Skins- Okung
5. Chiefs- Berry
6. Seahawks- CJ Spiller
7. Browns- Dez Bryant
8. Raiders- Bulaga (surprise pick)
9. Bills- Clausen

Luisito23
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Other than the Rams I don't see no one picking a QB, so yeah we will have Clausen drop to us, and I wouldn't mind drafting him at all.

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Other than the Rams I don't see no one picking a QB, so yeah we will have Clausen drop to us, and I wouldn't mind drafting him at all.

You're probably right, though its not out of the realm at all that Cleveland or Oakland could go QB.

But you're probably right.

If Clausen is there at #9, they way I'm seeing it now is the only way he passes on him is if Buddy Nix REALLY likes a QB he can identify later in the draft.

I mean.. again its a guessing game.. None of us know how Nix and Gailey feel about Trent Edwards.

Another thing I really think.. If you noticed how much teams put value on their NT this FA period, I truly dont think Cody is there at 41 for Buffalo.. If they want him they are going to have to move up, maybe up to near the end of the first round like they did (busted) with McCargo in 2006.

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Unlike 95% of Bills fans.. I am not convinced the Bills are taking a LT or Dan Williams at #9.

If Nix identifies a franchise player at #9 thats not a LT I hope he takes him (Bryant, Clausen, Spiller, I dont care)..

They could let Bell and Meredith compete at LT in 2010.. I know that sounds insane and maybe they get a LT in round 2 or 3.

But I dont see a lock at LT at #9. and I hope they dont limit themselves either if a great player is there.

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 09:30 AM
I can see the Browns going with a QB. Delhomme isn't a long term answer and appears in my eyes to be a guy who can groom a young QB into the starter's role.

And Seneca Wallace isn't the guy that will be groomed.

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 09:37 AM
I can see the Browns going with a QB. Delhomme isn't a long term answer and appears in my eyes to be a guy who can groom a young QB into the starter's role.

Possible for sure. Holmgren is definitely a QB guy.

Raptor
03-18-2010, 09:40 AM
I think the Browns is where he lands

trapezeus
03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
i am not big on mock drafts and such, but how is colt mccoy going ahead of clausen, pat? Mccoy has a lot of issues with size and the system he played and the fact that he beat up on bad teams and played pretty average vs good teams.

Then you have the matter of his injury and him not coming back in. i see him being the 3 or 4th qb drafted.

but again, i don't know what i'm talking about and i rarely partake in mock drafts.

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 09:45 AM
I can't wait to see the Browns take another Notre Dame QB.

The King
03-18-2010, 09:46 AM
If the Bills draft Claussen there is zero chance I come to Buffalo for the opener. I dont care if he falls to the 5th round.

Dicknoze69
03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
i am not big on mock drafts and such, but how is colt mccoy going ahead of clausen, pat? Mccoy has a lot of issues with size and the system he played and the fact that he beat up on bad teams and played pretty average vs good teams.

Then you have the matter of his injury and him not coming back in. i see him being the 3 or 4th qb drafted.

but again, i don't know what i'm talking about and i rarely partake in mock drafts.

If you're referring to the McCoy that Pat has the Bucs taking, that's Gerald McCoy, the defensive tackle.

dasaybz
03-18-2010, 10:21 AM

The problem with Cle going with a QB is that they will have way too much money tied up at QB this year. For a team with a ton of holes, I highly doubt they go QB this year.

bigbub2352
03-18-2010, 10:31 AM
with our state of the organization and the huuuuuuuuuuuuge need for a franchise QB i think if Clausen falls we have to take a shot at him...we in my opinion have no choice, no way we stay status quo with the bums we have now
Gotta remember too pat they are looking to sell tickets and what better than a 1st rd highly touted QB to do that???????

Novacane
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Please no. Clauson has bust written all over him.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I see Washington taking him as of right now.

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
The problem with Cle going with a QB is that they will have way too much money tied up at QB this year. For a team with a ton of holes, I highly doubt they go QB this year.

I agree that is logical, but this is the Cleveland Browns we're talking about.

Yasgur's Farm
03-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I agree pat... If Suh, McCoy, Okung and Berry are gone, Clausen would probably be the pick if he's there at #9.

trapezeus
03-18-2010, 10:48 AM
If you're referring to the McCoy that Pat has the Bucs taking, that's Gerald McCoy, the defensive tackle.

ahh, i figured i didn't know something. i know so little about the draft...thanks.

Michael82
03-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Clausen would be a good pick. I'm hoping he falls to us. :pray:

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Its either going to be a 34 OLB or OT. I don't see us going any other route.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Jimmy Claussen is the biggest mistake this franchise or any other for that matter could possibly make.

He's gonna wind up a huge bust.

Nighthawk
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM

Very true, but the only reason I would see them passing on Clausen is his ND connection. They just sent Quinn packing and it may be a tough sell.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Very true, but the only reason I would see them passing on Clausen is his ND connection. They just sent Quinn packing and it may be a tough sell.

That may have been less about Notre Dame and more about Holmgren just cleaning house.

The King
03-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Clausen would be a good pick. I'm hoping he falls to us. :pray:Mikey if we draft Little Jimmy I am going to punch you in the stomach.

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Clausen would be a good pick. I'm hoping he falls to us. :pray:

Wait...why would he be a good pick?

You honestly think that?

Michael82
03-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Wait...why would he be a good pick?

You honestly think that?

Because we need a QB badly and he's the 2nd best QB of the draft.

Novacane
03-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Because we need a QB badly and he's the 2nd best QB of the draft.

True and True but this is a ****ty QB class and he is not worth a #9 pick.

Patti120
03-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Charles Davis on NFLN has us going the C.J. Spiller route.

I haven't seen enough tape of Clausen to really be able to say anything one way or another but he def. makes me nervous and I don't think I'd be psyched if we chose him If we do however, I hope he is the man.

MikeInRoch
03-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Please no for Clausen.

Michael82
03-18-2010, 07:35 PM
True and True but this is a ****ty QB class and he is not worth a #9 pick.

Then fine...if he's there at #9....trade down a bit, because if we don't draft him, he will most likely fall to the end of the 1st round.