28. San Diego -- Jahvid Best -- RB -- California

29. NY Jets -- Jerry Hughes -- OLB -- Texas Christian

30. Minnesota -- Terrance Cody -- DT -- Alabama

31. Indianapolis -- Brian Price -- DT -- UCLA

32. New Orleans -- Ricky Sapp -- DE -- Clemson

33. Buffalo (trade with St. Louis for 3rd Rd. pick) -- Tim Tebow

34. Detroit -- Charles Brown -- OT -- USC

35. Tampa Bay -- Mike Iupati -- OG -- Idaho

36. Kansas City -- Ryan Mathews -- RB -- Fresno St.

37. Washington -- Brandon Ghee -- CB -- Wake Forest

38. Cleveland -- Jared Odrick -- DE/DT -- Penn State

39. Oakland -- Everson Griffin -- DE/OLB -- USC

40. Seattle -- Corey Wootton -- DE -- Northwestern

41. St. Louis (from Buffalo) -- Arrelious Benn -- WR -- Illinois

42. Tampa Bay -- Eric Norwood -- DE/OLB -- South Carolina

43. Miami -- Nate Allen -- FS -- South Florida

44. New England -- Brandon Lafell -- WR -- LSU

45. Denver -- Cam Thomas -- DT -- North Carolina

46. New York Giants -- Kyle Wilson -- CB -- Boise State

47. New England -- Ben Tate -- RB -- Auburn

48. Carolina -- Lamarr Houston -- DT -- Texas

49. San Fran -- Marshawn Gilyard -- WR/KR -- Cincinnati

50. Kansas City -- Linval Joseph -- DT/NT -- East Carolina

51. Houston -- Montario Hardesty -- RB -- Tennessee

52. Pittsburgh -- Alex Carrington DE -- Arkansas State

53. New England -- Tyson Alualu -- DE -- California

54. Cincinnati -- Dexter McCluster -- RB/KR/WR -- Ole Miss

55. Philadelphia -- Kareem Jackson -- CB -- Alabama

56. Green Bay -- Koa Misi -- OLB -- Utah

57. Baltimore -- Jacoby Ford -- WR -- Clemson

58. Arizona -- Brandon Spikes -- ILB -- Florida

59. Dallas -- Rodger Saffold -- OT -- Indiana

60. San Diego -- Taylor Price -- WR -- Ohio

61. New York Jets -- Damien Williams -- WR -- USC

62. Minnesota -- Joe McKnight -- RB -- USC

63. Indianapolis -- Mike Johnson -- OG -- Alabama

64. New Orleans -- Navorro Bowman -- OLB -- Penn State

Mr. Pink
03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
If our first two picks went like that, this would be the worst draft in the past decade by this franchise.

We don't need Spiller and Tebow won't be an NFL QB.

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
WORST MOCK DRAFT FOR BUFFALO...EVER

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I expected this reaction but, I can see this happening on draft day.

Spiller gives us a home run hitter for an offense that lacks explosiveness and Tebow gives Gailey plenty of options.

Dr. Lecter
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM
I would be OK with Spiller. Teams can use a player like him.

Drafting Tebow would lead to me punching nearby people.

The Spaz
03-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Shoot me!

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 11:16 AM
If our first two picks went like that, this would be the worst draft in the past decade by this franchise.

We don't need Spiller and Tebow won't be an NFL QB.
I didn't like the idea of Spiller either but when you think about the fact that we are 2 years away from having an established QB, a guy like Spiller who can break 30 and 40 yard runs with ease would help the offense put up points and lighten the load on a young QB.

We have 2 RBs who can both grind it out but that eventually leads to a FG try instead of a TD.

wmoz11
03-18-2010, 11:20 AM
So basically you use a 2nd and a 3rd to draft Tebow. Brutal.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2010, 11:22 AM
I didn't like the idea of Spiller either but when you think about the fact that we are 2 years away from having an established QB, a guy like Spiller who can break 30 and 40 yard runs with ease would help the offense put up points and lighten the load on a young QB.

We have 2 RBs who can both grind it out but that eventually leads to a FG try instead of a TD.

We already have 2 RBs who can both grind it out.

What happens to Marshawn if this is the pick?

You devalue him even further around the league if you don't move him before taking Spiller.

No team is gonna give up a big offer for a guy who literally becomes the third string RB.

clumping platelets
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
:puke:

clumping platelets
03-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Dan Williams

Nighthawk
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Ha, ha...that is NOT happening. Also, MODS, can we move all of these "mock drafts" to a different forum? Do we really need to see everybody's "mock draft"??? It's getting a little saturated with these.

psubills62
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Passing on the 2nd and 3rd best OT's to get a RB...and then trading UP to get Tebow?

I understand how people think Nix's draft may go similarly to when the Chargers got LT/Brees, but 1) there are tons of differences between Brees and Tebow, 2) we have an opportunity to get a franchise LT and you pass for a complementary RB? If Bulaga/Trent Williams are off the board, I'd be ...semi-OK with Spiller, but if they're both there, no way we should pass them by.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Ha, ha...that is NOT happening. Also, MODS, can we move all of these "mock drafts" to a different forum? Do we really need to see everybody's "mock draft"??? It's getting a little saturated with these.
The draft is the main topic of discussion right now. It gets moved to the scouting zone later.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Dan Williams
That would be a waste IMO.

You can get big bodied space eaters throughout the draft and even UDFAs.

Why spend a first round pick and pass on a playmaker that is hard to find and impossible to get in FA.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I dont get it.

Spiller makes sense, I like it actually.

Tebow makes no sense and even less sense that you would want to trade up for him.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 11:36 AM
And in your trade you're over paying;

580 (33 rd pick) for 715 (2nd and 3rd)

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
And in your trade you're over paying;

580 (33 rd pick) for 715 (2nd and 3rd)
I base my mocks on what I think will happen. Not necessarily what I believe should happen.

Spiller I like as my first round pick.

Personally I wouldn't trade up for Tebow and lose the 3rd rounder unless I could trade Lynch for a 3rd rounder.

I just think that Buffalo will be worried about Cleveland taking Tebow before Buffalo picks at 41 and they will trade up.

That being said I would have no problem with Tebow at 41.

Crazy things happen on draft day.

As for overpaying, teams often overpay in trade-ups because you can't underpay.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I base my mocks on what I think will happen. Not necessarily what I believe should happen.

Spiller I like as my first round pick.

Personally I wouldn't trade up for Tebow and lose the 3rd rounder unless I could trade Lynch for a 3rd rounder.

I just think that Buffalo will be worried about Cleveland taking Tebow before Buffalo picks at 41 and they will trade up.

That being said I would have no problem with Tebow at 41.

Crazy things happen on draft day.

As for overpaying, teams often overpay in trade-ups because you can't underpay.

Id have a huge issue with Tebow at 41 as well, but that not the point.

Yes and no teams overpay but not to degree you're doing for a 2nd Round pick. You over paid by a full 3rd Round pick (27th or lower in the round). That's an absolute ton to give up.

Dying_-2-_Live
03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
If Spiller is taken 1st... We should def go LT in the 2nd...NT in the 3rd

mysticsoto
03-18-2010, 11:55 AM

How is he going to break 30-40 yards when DEs are going to be running through our LT and they can load up on the right side to make sure we don't run away from our major gaping hole?

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Id have a huge issue with Tebow at 41 as well, but that not the point.

Yes and no teams overpay but not to degree you're doing for a 2nd Round pick. You over paid by a full 3rd Round pick (27th or lower in the round). That's an absolute ton to give up.
Tell me what trade would be fair in value?

The top pick in the first round is worth 580. If you don't swap picks then you have to send multiple picks to cover the full 580 points.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 11:58 AM
How is he going to break 30-40 yards when DEs are going to be running through our LT and they can load up on the right side to make sure we don't run away from our major gaping hole?
Just because we didn't get a LT in the first 2 or 3 rounds it doesn't mean we can't find a mauler in the 4th.

I think Nix wants a particular type of OT that is run oriented. You can find that later in the draft.

TigerJ
03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm not a fan of your draft, Mahdi.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Tell me what trade would be fair in value?

The top pick in the first round is worth 580. If you don't swap picks then you have to send multiple picks to cover the full 580 points.

33rd (580)

for

41st, 105th, 201st (586)

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm not a fan of your draft, Mahdi.
I'm not thrilled about it either, Tiger.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Just because we didn't get a LT in the first 2 or 3 rounds it doesn't mean we can't find a mauler in the 4th.

I think Nix wants a particular type of OT that is run oriented. You can find that later in the draft.

Mauler in the 4th? Like who? Nobody that like will likely be able to come in and be a mauler.

Akhippo
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Why would we have to trade up so far anyway. Maybe just ahead of seattle in the second would be fine. I dont see any other QB needy team after the first round. Even seattle is getting Whitehurst. Stay put in the second.

I still cant see us coming away with a RB and a three year project QB in the first two rounds. And again no LT or NT. Our RB is going to not have any holes and our QB is holding a clipboard and getting interviewed telling everyone how hard hes working every game.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 12:04 PM
33rd (580)

for

41st, 105th, 201st (586)
Exactly. So yer sending over 3 picks instead of 2.

It works but the other team might not accept simply because a 7th rounder is same as a UDFA and seeing as how they will know Buffalo is taking Tebow, they will ask for the 3.

psubills62
03-18-2010, 12:05 PM

It works but the other team might not accept simply because a 7th rounder is same as a UDFA and seeing as how they will know Buffalo is taking Tebow, they will ask for the 3.

Well then we should make it easy...don't give it to them!

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Yes but Im keeping my far more valuable 3rd Rounder, only really losing one pick because I have an extra 7th Rounder.

Ill take a net loss of a 4th, over a net loss of a 3rd any day.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Mauler in the 4th? Like who? Nobody that like will likely be able to come in and be a mauler.
Who knows like who.... could be anyone. Tony Washington??? Sam Young??

My point is Nix will find what he is looking for later in the draft.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes but Im keeping my far more valuable 3rd Rounder, only really losing one pick because I have an extra 7th Rounder.

Ill take a net loss of a 4th, over a net loss of a 3rd any day.
Obviously that would be favorable for the Bills, just doesn't always work out that way.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 12:10 PM

Neither being worth a 4th any longer.

Young is a likely RT and I wouldnt take Washington before Round 6, he really struggled his senior year with speed rushers.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Obviously that would be favorable for the Bills, just doesn't always work out that way.

It can though...its either take this deal, or else we aren't doing it.

Trading away what you dealt, makes little sense because St. Louis isnt going to take Tebow so yuo could try the team below them until you found one before Cleveland who would make the deal. You sold too high.

mysticsoto
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM

A mauler that is ready to START...on the LEFT side??? Sounds kinda like wishful thinking to me!

I'm not a fan of not addressing our biggest holes: namely LT, OLB, and NT! In your mock, I would feel that the top positions needed have been ignored. Kinda like when Tom Donahoe took McGahee expecting him to be this home run threat that never emerged.

Even if your 1st pick turns out to be great, I think what we have at the position is satisfactory - so long as we get a good LT.

EDS
03-18-2010, 12:14 PM
I could almost live with Spiller in the first, since he does seem like a good prospect. Trading up for Tebow though has the potential to cripple the franchise. That is a huge risk and a huge investment on someone who really should be looked at no sooner than the 3rd round, given all the development work that needs to happen.

Akhippo
03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
I could almost live with Spiller in the first, since he does seem like a good prospect. Trading up for Tebow though has the potential to cripple the franchise. That is a huge risk and a huge investment on someone who really should be looked at no sooner than the 3rd round, given all the development work that needs to happen.

It would cripple the team since we would have to wait maybe three years to expect any good to average play from him at our QB spot. In that time are we going to select a "franchise" QB in the first round if they happen to be there and next years or after draft. I would think not just based on them wanting to have Tebow succeed. No thank you possible Matt Ryan, no thanks Joe Flacco, No thanks Mark Sanchez, we have Tebow who is working REAL hard and should be ready by 2012. And if not.....

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 12:37 PM

Why can Spiller break 20-30 yd gains with ease? Does Reggie Bush do that? Jahvid Best is just as big a gamebreaker as Spiller is at about the same speed. I dont understand your logic.

Lefty2985
03-18-2010, 12:43 PM
WHY DO WE NEED A DAMN RUNNING BACK IN THE 1ST ROUND! WE HAVE 2 ALREADY!!!

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM
It can though...its either take this deal, or else we aren't doing it.

Trading away what you dealt, makes little sense because St. Louis isnt going to take Tebow so yuo could try the team below them until you found one before Cleveland who would make the deal. You sold too high.
Again... this is a MOCK draft. I am not making things up based on what I would like to happen.

I am imagining scenarios, and although trading up with someone under St.Louis would be logical, it doesn't always work out that way. I would have traded with Detroit, Tampa, KC or Washington, but in THIS scenario they don't want to move down and risk losing the players they covet (Brown, Iupati, Mathews and Ghee).

T-Long
03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Guys, anybody and their brother can make a mock draft. This is his OPINION on what he THINKS the Bills will do. More than likely half of this board is going to tear apart the Bills selection. He is not wrong, this is definitely a possibility that could happen. How do we know Buddy doesn't like Tebow or think Gailey can make him into a star QB? We don't know that. All we know is our own opinion on the guy.

I guarantee you no matter who we get at 9, half of the people here are going to ***** about it and say oh damnit, we should have taken this guy because he was available!

Mock drafts are fun to do and fun to discuss, but don't attack him for just an opinion. It's not that crazy of one anyways.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 12:58 PM
WHY DO WE NEED A DAMN RUNNING BACK IN THE 1ST ROUND! WE HAVE 2 ALREADY!!!
How many times do our RBs make 5-10 yard runs into 30-40 yard runs??? NEVER.

They are both grinders and we need a playmaker.

Seeing as how we will be a run first team, having a guy in the backfield that can hit big plays will give us an identity on offense.

If we are a run first team with 2 guys who are not threats then we don't have much for defenses to worry about on Sundays.

What do you think the Titans offense would look like with only Lendale White at RB?

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Why can Spiller break 20-30 yd gains with ease? Does Reggie Bush do that? Jahvid Best is just as big a gamebreaker as Spiller is at about the same speed. I dont understand your logic.
Because he is a game-breaker. Can he bust? Of course he can.

Could Chris Johnson have busted? yes.

So what is your point exactly?

T-Long
03-18-2010, 01:19 PM
If they take Spiller, it is because they feel like he is leaps and bounds above the other guys available at that spot. This team is not in a position to merely draft for need, they need to take the top guy rated on their board. If their rankings are close, then you go with a guy that meets a need. But when you always draft for need, you can get in some big trouble.

Michael82
03-18-2010, 01:22 PM
I am intrigued on getting a stud RB like Spiller...but I would HATE trading up for a project QB like Tim Tebow. :shoothead:

BillsWin
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Tebow fanatics make me laugh. I don't blame them for loving the kid and his intangibles. I blame the media for starting this plague.

SABURZFAN
03-18-2010, 02:26 PM
I dont get it.

Spiller makes sense, I like it actually.

Tebow makes no sense and even less sense that you would want to trade up for him.

it makes Mahdi feel better that he has a better chance to win the autographed jock strap and which game he wore it in.

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Dez Bryant is just as big a playmaker as Spiller and fills an BIGGER need at WR. If you want an offensive player outside of OT, then Dez Bryant would be the pick. NOT SPILLER.

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Because he is a game-breaker. Can he bust? Of course he can.

Could Chris Johnson have busted? yes.

So what is your point exactly?

What's my point? Chris Johnson wasnt a top 10 pick !!!! Johnson was taken in the late 1st rounds, so there wasnt as big a risk with him. Thats my point.

What's YOUR point? Jahvid Best is just as explosive so what's it about Spiller that makes u want him? Get over yourself. :loser:

You just get a hard on Spiller because you watch his youtube clips of him breaking 60-70 yd runs in every clip.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Dez Bryant is just as big a playmaker as Spiller and fills an BIGGER need at WR. If you want an offensive player outside of OT, then Dez Bryant would be the pick. NOT SPILLER.
I would be ecstatic with Dez Bryant. I just don't think he will be there when we pick at 9.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
What's my point? Chris Johnson wasnt a top 10 pick !!!! Johnson was taken in the late 1st rounds, so there wasnt as big a risk with him. Thats my point.

What's YOUR point? Jahvid Best is just as explosive so what's it about Spiller that makes u want him? Get over yourself. :loser:

You just get a hard on Spiller because you watch his youtube clips of him breaking 60-70 yd runs in every clip.
Bud I'm not even going to argue with you. You want to discuss the subject respectfully that's cool, if not, I'm not going to bring myself down to your level.

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Bud I'm not even going to argue with you. You want to discuss the subject respectfully that's cool, if not, I'm not going to bring myself down to your level.

I don't even consider this an argument since you have no point and no logic behind this. Go back to your YouTube clips. "Bud"

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Again... this is a MOCK draft. I am not making things up based on what I would like to happen.

I am imagining scenarios, and although trading up with someone under St.Louis would be logical, it doesn't always work out that way. I would have traded with Detroit, Tampa, KC or Washington, but in THIS scenario they don't want to move down and risk losing the players they covet (Brown, Iupati, Mathews and Ghee).

Im well aware of what the point is. However I find a big flaw in your logic as to what could happen in this scenario based on what Buffalo would be giving up get Tebow. It doesn't make sense.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 04:25 PM
it makes Mahdi feel better that he has a better chance to win the autographed jock strap and which game he wore it in.
I'm really not that big on Tebow. I'm just projecting what I think can happen on draft day.

If the Bills take him I won't be upset, if they don't I won't worry about it either. Mock drafts are not supposed to reflect what you want personally, it should reflect what you believe would actually happen.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Im well aware of what the point is. However I find a big flaw in your logic as to what could happen in this scenario based on what Buffalo would be giving up get Tebow. It doesn't make sense.
Buffalo traded their second-round selection (43rd overall, used to select Drew Stanton) and their first third-round selection (74th overall, later traded along with the 101st overall selection to the Baltimore Ravens for the 62nd overall selection, used to select Gerald Alexander) to Detroit for their second-round selection (34th overall, used to select Paul Posluszny). "NFL draft trade tracker 2007". ESPN.com. 2007-04-28. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2850327. Retrieved 2007-04-28.

That would be the 2007 NFL draft. Bills traded up for Poz. Paid their 2nd and their first 3rd rounder. Almost the exact same situation.

Still doesn't make sense?

EDS
03-18-2010, 04:30 PM
I would be shocked if the Giants spent a first on a receiver two years in a row.

EDS
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Buffalo traded their second-round selection (43rd overall, used to select Drew Stanton) and their first third-round selection (74th overall, later traded along with the 101st overall selection to the Baltimore Ravens for the 62nd overall selection, used to select Gerald Alexander) to Detroit for their second-round selection (34th overall, used to select Paul Posluszny). "NFL draft trade tracker 2007". ESPN.com. 2007-04-28. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2850327. Retrieved 2007-04-28.

That would be the 2007 NFL draft. Bills traded up for Poz. Paid their 2nd and their first 3rd rounder. Almost the exact same situation.

Still does not make sense. The Bills should have stayed where they were and drafted David Harris.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 04:33 PM
I would be shocked if the Giants spent a first on a receiver two years in a row.
It's a luxury pick for a team with few needs. I think Smith and Nicks are set on the outside.

Many teams are investing in slot receivers these days, I see Tate as a Harvin type selection that can open up their offense.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Still does not make sense. The Bills should have stayed where they were and drafted David Harris.
That's not the point. Point is it's not illogical and it has happened. NFL GMs do it regularly.

YardRat
03-18-2010, 04:53 PM
I would absolutely hate the draft if it went down like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Spiller was the pick in round one and could live with it depending on what they did in rounds 2-4. Tebow in the second, especially trading up to get him, would just ruin everything.

Not saying it can't happen the way you have it laid out, Mahdi, just that I wouldn't like it, and would really cause me some concern over whether or not these guys actually know what they are doing and if they are serious about rebuilding this team.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 05:38 PM
I would absolutely hate the draft if it went down like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Spiller was the pick in round one and could live with it depending on what they did in rounds 2-4. Tebow in the second, especially trading up to get him, would just ruin everything.

Not saying it can't happen the way you have it laid out, Mahdi, just that I wouldn't like it, and would really cause me some concern over whether or not these guys actually know what they are doing and if they are serious about rebuilding this team.
That's fair. And I would have my doubts to if it went down like this.

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2010, 05:42 PM
If we draft Tebow it wont be via trade up and I doubt we draft both Spiller and Tebow when there is more depth at other positions in the draft that we need players from much more.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 06:01 PM

Yea still doesn't make sense;

1. Very good find, only a -5 point difference with yours being a bigger loss.

2. Trading up for Poz whose value was about right, and was a more proven player, thus equaling less risk. Tebow is a massive unknown and won't be contributing regularly for at least two years as a traditional QB.

3. Do you really want your best example to be from arguably one of the worst draft day management front offices over the past decade? I mean to say well the Bills did it, hurts your argument more than it helps it. I wouldn't point to us as a shining example of what to do during the draft, but rather of what not to do.

Here is a better example of how you should trade up;
Patriots get 40th Pick=500 Points

Raiders get 47th Pick (430), 129th pick (43) and 199th Pick (13)=486 Points

Patriots Net Gain +24, and that's the type of trade up we need to be looking for, not over paying by over 100 points. Patriots do things the right way, we do things the wrong way. Id like to see that change.

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Nope. Please try again.

JCBills
03-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I expected this reaction but, I can see this happening on draft day.

Spiller gives us a home run hitter for an offense that lacks explosiveness and Tebow gives Gailey plenty of options.

Options? Like what, the option to spend 2-3 years on a project?

Sorry but this is the worst possible scenario, I'd be so discouraged by the franchise.

Akhippo
03-18-2010, 06:16 PM
If Spiller is such a commodity I would be ringing the Chargers phone about a trade down. Their 28 and 40 for our 9 plus or minus picks. Thats the direction we should try.

28. T Cody
40. C Thomas
41. DE or OLB

I would take a revamped 3-4 D line than a RB and project QB.

JCBills
03-18-2010, 06:20 PM
If Spiller is such a commodity I would be ringing the Chargers phone about a trade down. Their 28 and 40 for our 15 plus or minus picks. Thats the direction we should try.

28. T Cody
40. C Thomas
41. DE or OLB

We're the Giants?

Akhippo
03-18-2010, 06:33 PM
We're the Giants?

Quite true. 9th.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Yea still doesn't make sense;

1. Very good find, only a -5 point difference with yours being a bigger loss.

2. Trading up for Poz whose value was about right, and was a more proven player, thus equaling less risk. Tebow is a massive unknown and won't be contributing regularly for at least two years as a traditional QB.

3. Do you really want your best example to be from arguably one of the worst draft day management front offices over the past decade? I mean to say well the Bills did it, hurts your argument more than it helps it. I wouldn't point to us as a shining example of what to do during the draft, but rather of what not to do.

Here is a better example of how you should trade up;
Patriots get 40th Pick=500 Points

Raiders get 47th Pick (430), 129th pick (43) and 199th Pick (13)=486 Points

Patriots Net Gain +24, and that's the type of trade up we need to be looking for, not over paying by over 100 points. Patriots do things the right way, we do things the wrong way. Id like to see that change.
K, your point was that the trade doesn't make sense in terms of the picks. I showed you that it has been done. So, despite what you think and despite who was selected, that trade in terms of picks does make sense. Obviously you can go about the trade differently with different picks being offered, not every trade is the same.

Bottom line, my trade makes sense because it has been done before and I'm sure I can find more examples.

You're allowed to admit that you were wrong on this point DB.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 06:41 PM
If Spiller is such a commodity I would be ringing the Chargers phone about a trade down. Their 28 and 40 for our 9 plus or minus picks. Thats the direction we should try.

28. T Cody
40. C Thomas
41. DE or OLB

Two NTs with our first 2 picks?

Luisito23
03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Drafting Tebow would lead to me punching nearby people.

And getting your ass kicked soon after...

X-Era
03-18-2010, 07:48 PM
I am intrigued on getting a stud RB like Spiller...but I would HATE trading up for a project QB like Tim Tebow. :shoothead:

Just took some more notes on another game on him:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2907310#post2907310

Hes a guy with a good shot at being top 3 in all purpose yards early in his NFL career, IMO.

Akhippo
03-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Two NTs with our first 2 picks?

Honestly for a position like that and the fact that the wear and tear can be great... I would definitely take both. Given their at the moment reputations and upside. Fresh rotations, both on short yardage, versatility.

Again, i dont know what the team thinks of players that are slated for the position now, the lesser knowns. We have a solid secondary, a few solid FA's and a high round draft choice from last year. Add talent like that and we could probably hang our hat on one side of the ball at least.

We could also go with the OT from USC, C Thomas and say A Benn.

None the less, I would parlay a talent like Spiller into two solid players.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
I love the 1st pick would pass on Tebow at 33 tho Rodger Saffold
with our original 2nd round pick would be lots better

DraftBoy
03-19-2010, 07:32 AM
K, your point was that the trade doesn't make sense in terms of the picks. I showed you that it has been done. So, despite what you think and despite who was selected, that trade in terms of picks does make sense. Obviously you can go about the trade differently with different picks being offered, not every trade is the same.

Bottom line, my trade makes sense because it has been done before and I'm sure I can find more examples.

You're allowed to admit that you were wrong on this point DB.

Yes and my point is still that. Just because something has been done before, doesn't mean it makes sense to do it again. That's my point, people and teams make mistakes. This trade, like the example you cited, is a mistake. We give up far too much value in terms of picks. I showed you a perfect counter example of the way good teams makes this happen. Your example is the way bad teams trade up.

Its not about being right or wrong, because there is no right or wrong. Trying to prove yourself right is pointless on this board in general. I dont understand why you don't like the critique of the deal? Its a fair assessment of the deal showing why its not a good deal for us to take.

Let me ask you this; Would you be happy if Buffalo made this deal? Regardless of who the player is that they dealt up for. Would you be happy with Buffalo trading up higher than they needed to, and over paying by a boatload to do it?

After all like you said this mock isn't about what you want, but rather about what you see could happen and I can respect that, I take the same mentality in my own. But now I want to know your opinion of the deal as a fan, not as the creator of the mock.

Mahdi
03-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Yes and my point is still that. Just because something has been done before, doesn't mean it makes sense to do it again. That's my point, people and teams make mistakes. This trade, like the example you cited, is a mistake. We give up far too much value in terms of picks. I showed you a perfect counter example of the way good teams makes this happen. Your example is the way bad teams trade up.

Its not about being right or wrong, because there is no right or wrong. Trying to prove yourself right is pointless on this board in general. I dont understand why you don't like the critique of the deal? Its a fair assessment of the deal showing why its not a good deal for us to take.

Let me ask you this; Would you be happy if Buffalo made this deal? Regardless of who the player is that they dealt up for. Would you be happy with Buffalo trading up higher than they needed to, and over paying by a boatload to do it?

After all like you said this mock isn't about what you want, but rather about what you see could happen and I can respect that, I take the same mentality in my own. But now I want to know your opinion of the deal as a fan, not as the creator of the mock.

teams overpay but not to degree you're doing for a 2nd Round pick. You over paid by a full 3rd Round pick (27th or lower in the round).

That was what you said originally. You said essentially that my trade was not realistic and that teams don't do that for a 2nd round pick.

I proved that they do.

As for my opinion as a fan, that deal would be very tough to swallow, especially considering the need for an OT in the 3rd round at least, but I would not be upset with it.

Tebow could be exactly what a franchise this deep in sh*$ needs to become a winner again. Who knows.

If I was running the draft, I think I would take Spiller/Bryant in round 1, Round 2 Ducasse/Veldheer, Round 3 Zac Robinson/Snead.

kernowboy
03-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Washington had sex with his biological sister - you don't get a bigger character issue than that.

I mean, exactly how stupid do you need to be to realise that incest isn't nice or right or legal?

I know football players aren't the brightest but there is a limit

Mahdi
03-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Washington had sex with his biological sister - you don't get a bigger character issue than that.

I mean, exactly how stupid do you need to be to realise that incest isn't nice or right or legal?

I know football players aren't the brightest but there is a limit
That is a pretty heinous crime... Abeline Christian gave him a chance to turn his life around and the NFL has too obviously by inviting him to the combine.

It happened when he was 16 and his sister was 15. It was apparently consensual.

He seems to be projected to go anywhere from round 2-5. Who knows if GMs will be able to look past that issue.

Either way, my point is that we will add an OT later in the draft that fits our needs and scheme, doesn't have to be Washington.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/tony-washington-nfl-prospect-convicted-having-sex-sister-2589092.html

kernowboy
03-20-2010, 01:28 PM
That is a pretty heinous crime... Abeline Christian gave him a chance to turn his life around and the NFL has too obviously by inviting him to the combine.

It happened when he was 16 and his sister was 15. It was apparently consensual.

He seems to be projected to go anywhere from round 2-5. Who knows if GMs will be able to look past that issue.

Either way, my point is that we will add an OT later in the draft that fits our needs and scheme, doesn't have to be Washington.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/tony-washington-nfl-prospect-convicted-having-sex-sister-2589092.html

We keep on desperately hoping on find a starting LT (as well as a RT) in the lower rounds.

The fact is GMs are putting a premium on LTs in the draft.

In 2008, 8 OTs went of whom 6 were LTs in the first round - Long, Clady, Williams, Albert, (Chelius), (Otah), Baker and Brown

In 2009, it was four LTs

Basically by the 41st pick there might have been 8-9 LTs drafted and we will be shopping in the dollar bucket.

Forget that because whoever we draft on the offense without a proper OL is an IR candidate just waiting to happen.

Failure to draft a LT in Round1 should deserve an automatic dismissal for Nix

Mahdi
03-20-2010, 02:01 PM
We keep on desperately hoping on find a starting LT (as well as a RT) in the lower rounds.

The fact is GMs are putting a premium on LTs in the draft.

In 2008, 8 OTs went of whom 6 were LTs in the first round - Long, Clady, Williams, Albert, (Chelius), (Otah), Baker and Brown

In 2009, it was four LTs

Basically by the 41st pick there might have been 8-9 LTs drafted and we will be shopping in the dollar bucket.

Forget that because whoever we draft on the offense without a proper OL is an IR candidate just waiting to happen.

Failure to draft a LT in Round1 should deserve an automatic dismissal for Nix
Here's my question to you...

Would you rather take one of the top playmakers in the draft or the 3rd or 4th rated OT.

Not only that, but after Okung there is a significant drop off to Trent Williams and Bulaga.

The way I see it it's harder to find a player like Tomlinson or Chris Johnson then to find a starting OT.

Spiller is a guy that brings so much to your offense, I think passing on him would be crazy.

He scores off KR, receiving TDs and running the football. He is the type of guy that can be close to 50% of your offense. Do you think the 3rd or 4th rated OT in this draft would have as big of an effect as that?

Take a look at the Dolphins... how do you think they feel about taking Jake Long over Matt Ryan? Long is a good OT, Ryan is on his way to being an elite QB.

Now of course hindsight is 20/20... I just believe that if you have a chance to take a player with that much talent you gotta take him and build around him.

Great OL all over the league were drafted late. The top playmakers in the game are usually first round players that teams build around.

kernowboy
03-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd take the OT.

A play maker is only useful if they can keep him alive especially at QB. If we draft a QB and give him $50m we might as well be p***ing that money up the wall if he has inadequate protection.

The Dolphins took Long but also grabbed Henne. If he doesn't work out, they can draft a QB in the future and put him in a place of total security.

The Falcons took Ryan but also grabbed Sam Baker in Round1

Last year the Lions took Stafford, gave him a sieve of a LT, and watched him get injured. By the time he gets proper protection his confidence might be shot unlike Sanchez who has been put behind Ferguson.

We can't draft a player who will have to share touches, we can't draft a skill player to have all his ability beaten out of him. We won't make it to the SuperBowl next season, so lets finally build this roster properly beginning in the trenches.

There will always be skill players in subsequent drafts but lets put them in an environment when they've got a reasonable chance to succeed.

If we draft Spiller in our current position, he won't be Chris Johnson Mk2, he will be Darren McFadden Mk2

Mahdi
03-20-2010, 03:40 PM
I'd take the OT.

A play maker is only useful if they can keep him alive especially at QB. If we draft a QB and give him $50m we might as well be p***ing that money up the wall if he has inadequate protection.

The Dolphins took Long but also grabbed Henne. If he doesn't work out, they can draft a QB in the future and put him in a place of total security.

Last year the Lions took Stafford, gave him a sieve of a LT, and watched him get injured. By the time he gets proper protection his confidence might be shot unlike Sanchez who has been put behind Ferguson.

We can't draft a player who will have to share touches, we can't draft a skill player to have all his ability beaten out of him. We won't make it to the SuperBowl next season, so lets finally build this roster properly beginning in the trenches.

There will always be skill players in subsequent drafts but lets put them in an environment when they've got a reasonable chance to succeed.

If we draft Spiller in our current position, he won't be Chris Johnson Mk2, he will be Darren McFadden Mk2
You seem to have this idea that you have to have every piece in place before adding a QB or playmaker. I simply don't agree. You don't dictate the draft, the draft dictates you. If a talent falls in your lap you don't pass on him because you don't have other pieces in place.

You never want to be the team that passed on a guy that destroys the league for that reason.

If your philosophy was true then the Lions wouldn't have a promising QB and Pro Bowl WR on the roster and Atlanta would not have one of the best young QBs in Matt Ryan. Heck, even the Cards wouldn't have Larry Fitzgerald.

You can't force the draft. That's how you miss out on elite players that teams all over the league are building their teams around.

Mahdi
03-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I'd take the OT.

Darren McFadden is a very good player and if the Raiders were properly run, he would be killing it.

Al Davis continues to take players he doesn't need based on one tangible, speed. The McFadden pick in 08 was the right one, the pick of Heyward-Bey was a joke.

Either way, McFadden will be a playmaker in this league sooner or later.

I agree about building the trenches, but I think that can be done in a variety of ways and throughout the draft. There will be OTs available in round 2 and 3 that can start right away for us.

You know, if we were picking at 5 and Okung is there I would be all over it. And if he falls to us then he should be the pick. But outside of Okung, I prefer to take a playmaker that gives Buffalo something they have needed for a long time, a marquee player to build an offense around.