X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • methos4ever
    • Apr 2004

Edwards Failed two Physicals

Meanwhile, Edwards was introduced as a newly-minted Bill during a press conference. He had visited the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos, but didn't get offers because he didn't pass their physicals.
    Two things to note:

1 - Competitive Medical Advantage. Dr. C is well known for his work in the field and if he's given the green light I'm not as leery.

2 - I expect at some point in his contract that Edwards will need the surgery the Ravens wanted him to get.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Edwards Failed two Physicals

I believe rotoworld also mentioned that his contract was a MAXIMUM of 18 million. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some playing time incentives in there.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by methos4ever
      http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sp...cc4c002e0.html

Two things to note:

1 - Competitive Medical Advantage. Dr. C is well known for his work in the field and if he's given the green light I'm not as leery.

2 - I expect at some point in his contract that Edwards will need the surgery the Ravens wanted him to get.

We have seen this before. McCargo has a clean bill of health from our team but his trade to Indy was voided for a failed physical.

This is a concerning trend to me.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
        • Feb 2009

His neck injury is the only reason we were able to get him imo... We were willing to take the risk
        "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          We have seen this before. McCargo has a clean bill of health from our team but his trade to Indy was voided for a failed physical.

This is a concerning trend to me.
          I have heard players say just about any vet can fail a physical if the team wants to fail him.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Interesting why he didn't pass the physical. He played all year last season. He obviously passed the Ravens test.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
              I have heard players say just about any vet can fail a physical if the team wants to fail him.
              Ive heard it to, but its not like Edwards wasn't wanted he was a very hot FA name, as well the Colts clearly wanted McCargo.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The Spaz
                Interesting why he didn't pass the physical. He played all year last season. He obviously passed the Ravens test.
                That's what I thought...didn't he play in 18 games this past season? I guess he could have played hurt.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

I agree with the bad trend, but I think we also have to trust the Dr that looked at him for the Bills. He seems to have some knowledge with that kind of stuff.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    I agree with the bad trend, but I think we also have to trust the Dr that looked at him for the Bills. He seems to have some knowledge with that kind of stuff.
                    Sure, there's some risk...but you either trust the doctor who saved Kevin Everett's quality of life or you don't.

God give me style and give me grace
                    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

Typical of some Bills fans. The Bills sign a guy that should help. Instead of just being pleased with signing, they seek out an issue with the signing.

Comment

• methos4ever
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mayotm
                        Typical of some Bills fans. The Bills sign a guy that should help. Instead of just being pleased with signing, they seek out an issue with the signing.
                        Wasn't seeking out an issue, just presenting the one that would undoubtedbly be mentioned and tried to nip in the bud. Personally I don't think it's a problem but it is something to be aware of. As you can see, I didn't close my comments in the original post with "same old bills", "typical bills move" or something like that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                          Seeking out an issue?

Hmmm.... McCargo failed a physical with Indy. How much time has his fat ass spent on the bench due to injury. How has he played when he has been on the field?

Did you happen to notice how many injuries this team has had over the last two or three years? And now we're taking a chance on a guy like this.

Look, I like the two new signings and I think it's exactly what the Bills need to be doing, but it's absurd to just try to dismiss this as people finding reasons to complain. Injuries have been a huge problem for this team and there is a very real risk here.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Ive heard it to, but its not like Edwards wasn't wanted he was a very hot FA name, as well the Colts clearly wanted McCargo.
                            I think it is as Dying-2-Live said, the Bills were willing to accept the risk.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Seeking out an issue?

Hmmm.... McCargo failed a physical with Indy. How much time has his fat ass spent on the bench due to injury. How has he played when he has been on the field?

Did you happen to notice how many injuries this team has had over the last two or three years? And now we're taking a chance on a guy like this.

Look, I like the two new signings and I think it's exactly what the Bills need to be doing, but it's absurd to just try to dismiss this as people finding reasons to complain. Injuries have been a huge problem for this team and there is a very real risk here.
                              We don't really know if McCargo was on the bench due to injury or if Dick just did not want to play him. Lets hope the new staff puts together a better plan to help keep these guys healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X