PDA

View Full Version : Edwards Failed two Physicals

methos4ever
03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/article_5856d42c-3247-11df-8048-001cc4c002e0.html

Meanwhile, Edwards was introduced as a newly-minted Bill during a press conference. He had visited the Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos, but didn't get offers because he didn't pass their physicals.

Two things to note:

1 - Competitive Medical Advantage. Dr. C is well known for his work in the field and if he's given the green light I'm not as leery.

2 - I expect at some point in his contract that Edwards will need the surgery the Ravens wanted him to get.

psubills62
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I believe rotoworld also mentioned that his contract was a MAXIMUM of 18 million. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some playing time incentives in there.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 11:50 AM
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/article_5856d42c-3247-11df-8048-001cc4c002e0.html

Two things to note:

1 - Competitive Medical Advantage. Dr. C is well known for his work in the field and if he's given the green light I'm not as leery.

2 - I expect at some point in his contract that Edwards will need the surgery the Ravens wanted him to get.

We have seen this before. McCargo has a clean bill of health from our team but his trade to Indy was voided for a failed physical.

This is a concerning trend to me.

Dying_-2-_Live
03-18-2010, 11:50 AM
His neck injury is the only reason we were able to get him imo... We were willing to take the risk

better days
03-18-2010, 11:55 AM
We have seen this before. McCargo has a clean bill of health from our team but his trade to Indy was voided for a failed physical.

I have heard players say just about any vet can fail a physical if the team wants to fail him.

The Spaz
03-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Interesting why he didn't pass the physical. He played all year last season. He obviously passed the Ravens test.

DraftBoy
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
I have heard players say just about any vet can fail a physical if the team wants to fail him.

Ive heard it to, but its not like Edwards wasn't wanted he was a very hot FA name, as well the Colts clearly wanted McCargo.

psubills62
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Interesting why he didn't pass the physical. He played all year last season. He obviously passed the Ravens test.

That's what I thought...didn't he play in 18 games this past season? I guess he could have played hurt.

RockStar36
03-18-2010, 12:03 PM
I agree with the bad trend, but I think we also have to trust the Dr that looked at him for the Bills. He seems to have some knowledge with that kind of stuff.

Dicknoze69
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I agree with the bad trend, but I think we also have to trust the Dr that looked at him for the Bills. He seems to have some knowledge with that kind of stuff.

Sure, there's some risk...but you either trust the doctor who saved Kevin Everett's quality of life or you don't.

mayotm
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Typical of some Bills fans. The Bills sign a guy that should help. Instead of just being pleased with signing, they seek out an issue with the signing.

methos4ever
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Typical of some Bills fans. The Bills sign a guy that should help. Instead of just being pleased with signing, they seek out an issue with the signing.
Wasn't seeking out an issue, just presenting the one that would undoubtedbly be mentioned and tried to nip in the bud. Personally I don't think it's a problem but it is something to be aware of. As you can see, I didn't close my comments in the original post with "same old bills", "typical bills move" or something like that.

OpIv37
03-18-2010, 12:49 PM

Seeking out an issue?

Hmmm.... McCargo failed a physical with Indy. How much time has his fat ass spent on the bench due to injury. How has he played when he has been on the field?

Did you happen to notice how many injuries this team has had over the last two or three years? And now we're taking a chance on a guy like this.

Look, I like the two new signings and I think it's exactly what the Bills need to be doing, but it's absurd to just try to dismiss this as people finding reasons to complain. Injuries have been a huge problem for this team and there is a very real risk here.

better days
03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Ive heard it to, but its not like Edwards wasn't wanted he was a very hot FA name, as well the Colts clearly wanted McCargo.

I think it is as Dying-2-Live said, the Bills were willing to accept the risk.

better days
03-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Seeking out an issue?

Hmmm.... McCargo failed a physical with Indy. How much time has his fat ass spent on the bench due to injury. How has he played when he has been on the field?

Did you happen to notice how many injuries this team has had over the last two or three years? And now we're taking a chance on a guy like this.

Look, I like the two new signings and I think it's exactly what the Bills need to be doing, but it's absurd to just try to dismiss this as people finding reasons to complain. Injuries have been a huge problem for this team and there is a very real risk here.

We don't really know if McCargo was on the bench due to injury or if Dick just did not want to play him. Lets hope the new staff puts together a better plan to help keep these guys healthy.

madness
03-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes, it was injuries that kept McCargo off the field. :::

patmoran2006
03-18-2010, 01:29 PM

It's true that Edwards was pursued, but you also can't ignore to the fact that even with visits to Denver and Seattle, neither team even offered him a contract-- so how wanted it disputable.

It's pretty simple-- the Bills considered Edwards worth the injury risk.

trapezeus
03-18-2010, 01:34 PM
maybe edwards follows the crowell method of screwing the bills and will wait til the last week to get surgery done on his neck.

the world always finds a way to ruin good news for the bills.

Dicknoze69
03-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Different situations, but keep in mind that Drew Brees isn't a Dolphin today because he failed their physical.

Philagape
03-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Yup, we just made it up.

Shall we just ignore it and wave our pom-poms?

Forward_Lateral
03-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Different situations, but keep in mind that Drew Brees isn't a Dolphin today because he failed their physical.

Great point. I think every team's doctor has different opinions, standards, whatever. I'm not worried about it. It's not like this guy is going to be the difference between Buffalo making the playoffs, or not.

Romes
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
We'll see how he plays but him failing two physicals could turn out to be the best thing to happen to us this year in FA. Lets face it, he doesn't fail those physicals and he is not a Bill.

Its sad to say, but this team is going to have trouble attracting top FA until we start winning again. We'll have to settle for desperate players, for now.

Goobylal
03-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Tim Graham said that the report that Edwards failed 2 physicals is false and was taken out of context from one of his articles. He said that the 2 teams just didn't want to take a chance on Edwards.

Saratoga Slim
03-18-2010, 10:18 PM

Not quite the same scenario. McCargo was already on our team, and thus we weren't in the position of evaluating his health. Moreover, if he was given a clean bill of health, it's because that's what we wanted him to have when we were trying to sell his services elsewhere.

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2010, 11:16 PM
he passed the bills' physicals, that's good enough for me.