• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Why draft Clausen when Brohm has same potential

I feel if Bradford is there, yes go for it.

But I think Brian Brohm has the same chance of success or busting as Jimmy Clausen. We already have Brohm on the roster. Therefore draft the Kindle, Dan Williams, Baluga, or Spiller. I prefer passing on Williams because at 9 that is a huge stretch. Williams should go 20-30. If Okung drops that would be super!
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Why draft Clausen when Brohm has same potential

How do you figure that?

Brohm has already had a shot and failed. Certainly he could succeed, but that is highly unlikely.

And I do NOT want Clausen, but the potential of each is not equal.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

If Clausen is there at 9, I would seriously be pissed if he wasn't the pick. If that scenario happens, that means 3 or 4 tackles have already been taken, and I don't want the 4th best tackle at pick 9...that's just crazy.

Clausen, Bryant, Spiller are all playmakers that this offense needs. But the NT position is so important, it's hard to know what the FO feels about the guys they have. With the signing of Edwards, I can now see them bypassing Dan Williams at 9. Stroud can definitely play the nose, but he doesn't want to. Boo hoo. Get your ass in there and take your beating so our LB's can make the plays.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
        We play to win the game!
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
        How do you figure that?

Brohm has already had a shot and failed. Certainly he could succeed, but that is highly unlikely.

He has had 1 career start. He was drafted as Aaron Rodgers back up.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

The only QB I think is worthy of a 1st round drafting is Bradford. I'd pass on Jimmy and Tebow even at 20.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
            How do you figure that?

I don't think Brohm has really had a shot yet. The Packers already had Rodgers when he was drafted. The Pack decided to only carry two QB's on the roster & felt the other guy was more prepared for the back up spot than Brohm, but that does not mean they felt he was a bust.

The Packers wanted to keep him when the Bills took him. I think he has as good a chance as anyone on the roster or a draft pick to be the starter next year.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by better days
              I don't think Brohm has really had a shot yet. The Packers already had Rodgers when he was drafted. The Pack decided to only carry two QB's on the roster & felt the other guy was more prepared for the back up spot than Brohm, but that does not mean they felt he was a bust.

The Packers wanted to keep him when the Bills took him. I think he has as good a chance as anyone on the roster or a draft pick to be the starter next year.
              Exactly

Comment

• T-Long
                • Sep 2003

Tony Pike or Colt McCoy and Dan LeFevour are options in Round 2 as well, because Bradford, Clausen and Tebow will all be gone by the time we are on the clock in Round 2.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                  He has had 1 career start. He was drafted as Aaron Rodgers back up.
                  Once again, how do you figure that someone who was drafted to back up a back up and never cracked an NFL roster has the same potential as someone who put up huge college stats and is projected to go early in the first round?

I'm with Lecter- I don't want Clausen to be the pick at 9, but his potential is far greater than Brohm's at this point.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Prov401
                    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                    • Aug 2008

Firstly I'd like to say, if we draft Clausen, I have zero faith in our organization. The guy is going to have a career like Tim Couch.

Secondly, Brohm has never gotten a chance. He's never been in a QB battle. He's never been told, "Hey Brian, the job is up for grabs". He came into the Packers organization behind Aaron Rodgers, who IMO will win a Superbowl one day. He never got a chance to start. Now that he's with us, he has that chance. I'm not saying he's going to turn out to be Tom Brady, but if he can beat out Trent and Fitz (wich shouldn't be that tough), then we can say he's gotten his chance.

To me it seems the Bills are going the NYJ route this year. Wer'e going to pound the rock, and play solid D. I'd build our D through the draft this year, and somehow try to fill the LT gap in the 2nd round.
                    Last edited by Prov401; 03-18-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

I think LeFevour fits Chan's offense better than any of them.

Comment

• Prov401
                        • Aug 2008

The only QB I think is worthy of a 1st round drafting is Bradford. I'd pass on Jimmy and Tebow even at 20.
                        Definitely.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                          We play to win the game!
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Once again, how do you figure that someone who was drafted to back up a back up and never cracked an NFL roster has the same potential as someone who put up huge college stats and is projected to go early in the first round?

I'm with Lecter- I don't want Clausen to be the pick at 9, but his potential is far greater than Brohm's at this point.
                          Brohm was still drafted in first round. GB took him to be QB of future and security if Aaron couldn't handle job. Aaron handled the job perfectly. Also Brohm had a very successful college career. Don't make it out like he was Jevon Snead 2009.

Comment

• T-Long
                            • Sep 2003

Brohm was still drafted in first round. GB took him to be QB of future and security if Aaron couldn't handle job. Aaron handled the job perfectly. Also Brohm had a very successful college career. Don't make it out like he was Jevon Snead 2009.
                            Brohm was a 2nd round pick if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Prov401
                              • Aug 2008

Agree. Except Brohm was drafted in the 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                              X