PDA

View Full Version : McCargo - NT?

User Manuel
03-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Draftboy or others - Any chance McCargo could be a serviceable NT?

6'2 310 I wonder if he might not be a sleeper fit for us?

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 03:03 PM
OK now this is getting ridiculous. I'd rather have Nick Mangold's sister playing NT for us.

User Manuel
03-18-2010, 03:05 PM
OK now this is getting ridiculous. I'd rather have Nick Mangold's sister playing NT for us.

Seriously, why not?

ddaryl
03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
You would think the former 1st rd pick could... but he has been so under whelming for us do we even want to chance it..

I imagine he will get a chance to compete for it though

User Manuel
03-18-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree on his underwhelming sucess so far.... I wonder if he might have been a square peg in a round hole.

Chances are just as good, probably better, that he is among the first cuts of camp or July 1, but hey, yo never know.

Forward_Lateral
03-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Well, it looks like it'll be him or Williams, unless Buffalo drafts a NT, or somehow signs one out of thin air.

Oaf
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Well, it is a new regime, and it's not like McCargo's worth anything more than a training camp body, so show us something McCargo.

DesertFox24
03-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Well McCargo ballooned up to over 320 last year so he could at least be heavy lol.

The one thing I will say is the guy is somewhat athletic and could be good at moving on the line if he is strong enough.

Hopefully him and Williams are really working on their strength.

Also do not be surprised if Lionel Harvey is the guy, he might just need some good coaching and a year on the practice squad last year probably helped him too. Albeit Carolinas practice squad.

ParanoidAndroid
03-18-2010, 03:56 PM
We have no solution for a NT at this time. McCargo would be a desperation move. He will be a back-up at the DE spot if he even makes the roster.

YardRat
03-18-2010, 04:56 PM
I think if the team had any confidence in Williams and/or McCargo at the NT spot they wouldn't have jumped on the first two warm bodies they came across.

psubills62
03-18-2010, 05:25 PM
To me, using McCargo at NT or DE is similar to Lonnie Harvey - might as well use them during camp, but I wouldn't count on them doing much of anything.

Mahdi
03-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I can see it happening. McCargo has some good power and plays with leverage. When he has played and been healthy he was solid.

Don't know how much motivation he has though or if he has the toughness to play inside and handle all the pressure.

more cowbell
03-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Who is John McCargo?

PECKERWOOD
03-18-2010, 09:53 PM
He has bulging disks in his back, the same injury that Antonio Pierce has, in other words, McCargo should already be out of the league.

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 11:33 PM
The dude can't even play DT in a 43 and you expect him to hold his ground as a NT in a 34?

Buffalogic
03-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Who do some people always try to resurrect this guy's never-been career?

BertSquirtgum
03-19-2010, 01:30 AM
mcargo needs to get the sand out of his vagina and play some god damn football.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2010, 02:10 AM
what a god awful, terrible, horrid, putrid, disgusting, suck ass, failure pick mccargo was... god levy was inept....

Beebe's Kid
03-19-2010, 02:02 PM
what a god awful, terrible, horrid, putrid, disgusting, suck ass, failure pick mccargo was... god levy was inept....

Inept...you guys ****ing kill me. Levy could have been better as a GM, but he was the coach of this team during one of the most dominant runs in the history of professional sports.

It is easy for you to sit and throw stones and what he "should" have done, when you get to judge him in hindsight. Regardless of the few bad picks that were made, you should show some ****ing respect for this franchise icon. It would be fitting if Marv tea-bagged your ass, and you would have been better off ever having his nuts sagging onto your ****ing tonsils.

It is amazing, you have probably never accomplished a thing worth two seconds of afterthought in your life, but feel you have license to be hyper-critical of everything. This would be in reference to your constant bashing Christianity. Why does it work you up so much? It is some people's way of dealing with things. I am not a Christian, not at all, but I do not need to try to belittle those that are?

You know, what you think of Levy or anything else for that matter is as inconsequential to the world as everything you have done, or will ever do, and normally shouldn't be dignified with a response. I guess it was one of those days, and I wanted to vent a little bit.

TrEd FTW
03-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Inept...you guys ****ing kill me. Levy could have been better as a GM, but he was the coach of this team during one of the most dominant runs in the history of professional sports.

Completely irrelevant to his abysmal performance as GM.

Thief
03-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Just because the guy wasn't a penatrating 4-3 DT, doesn't mean he can't be a space eating 3-4 NT. I don't think it is likely, but I wouldn't rule him out. The job is very different.

Night Train
03-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I think the signing of street FA's like 340 lb. Lonnie Harvey and that 315 lb. kid from Pitt shows the Bills are looking at huge pluggers at NT, in addition to the several known good ones available on draft day.

I'm thinking McCargo is not long for this roster unless he can show some ability to play at DE in a 3-4. Plus Kyle Williams looks like a rotational backup at best right now and could be dealt for a pick, if offered.

Tourettes Guy
03-21-2010, 09:37 PM
McCargo has been fine when he was on the field. He's just unable to stay out of the trainers room.