PDA

View Full Version : Lonnie Harvey. ever heard of him

IMissKelly
03-18-2010, 07:29 PM
i was with everyone else, i believed we NEED a big fat NT. turns out we had one all along. Lonnie Harvey, 342 out of Morgan St. i know he didn't really play tough competition there but i was impressed when i saw his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STi4DT1nE3M

elltrain22
03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
betcha he won't even make the team

Dying_-2-_Live
03-18-2010, 08:08 PM
That video wasn't all that impressive to be honest...
It honestly looked as if he had trouble shedding blocks

TigerJ
03-18-2010, 09:23 PM
For what it's worth, I knew he was on the roster. He's certainly got nose tackle size. Whether or not he can contribute really depends on the coaching he got last season, the extent to which he's dedicated himself to gaining NFL strength and conditioning, and the coaching he gets in the OTAs , minicamp and training camp and how he takes to coaching. That's a whole bunch of ifs, but why not.

Slim
03-18-2010, 09:25 PM

While shedding blocks is important. In the 3-4 he needs to be taking up the blockers.

PromoTheRobot
03-18-2010, 11:18 PM

To me it looked like he was wading through the other teams line as if they weren't even there.

PTR

Night Train
03-19-2010, 03:12 AM
I give evryone a chance. Let's see him in camp.

Jan Reimers
03-19-2010, 09:24 AM
I think he just might be the next Paul Harvey.

Mahdi
03-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Pat Williams -- undrafted

Jason Ferguson -- 7th round

Jay Ratliff -- 7th round

Aubrayo Franklin -- 5th round

Tony Siragusa -- undrafted

A lot of these space eaters are found in the late rounds or not even drafted. I think Lonnie Harvey has a shot and the fact that he is so much bigger than everyone else on the roster gives him a leg up.

psubills62
03-19-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm fine with giving him a shot in TC.

The main problem I saw with that video (though sometimes it was hard to see what was going on, as the camera was far away) was the lack of double teams. Harvey got chipped a few times by offensive linemen, but I only saw one true, somewhat extended double-team in most of the video. And on that play he got swept off to the side pretty nicely until a good spin move brought him back into the path of the runner.

Otherwise, he did a pretty good job of bull-rushing OG's.