PDA

View Full Version : NFL Total Access

T-Long
03-18-2010, 08:58 PM
It was on tonight, and Rod Woodson and Jamie Dukes said by FAR the team's biggest need is at QB. Dukes said they need to trade for Kolb or Vick.

They went to Charles Davis and he says that they should take C.J. Spiller at 9 if he is there.

Discuss.

The Spaz
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
I really dislike Jamie Dukes.

Jaybird
03-18-2010, 09:08 PM
I really dislike Jamie Dukes.

I find that he knows his football. I value his opinion and he is well spoken.

Jaybird
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
No surprise that they mentioned the Qb. Woodson pointed out Qb, tackle and outside Lb. he hit most of our needs except for NT... maybe they football community thinks williams can play nt for the bills.

The Spaz
03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
I find that he knows his football. I value his opinion and he is well spoken.

He's an arrogant ass who thinks he knows everything and nobody else's opinion matters. That and he has this grin that a feel like punching him through my TV for...lol

T-Long
03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
He's an arrogant ass who thinks he knows everything and nobody else's opinion matters. That and he has this grin that a feel like punching him through my TV for...lol
and I thought I was the only one who thought that way haha

Jaybird
03-18-2010, 09:13 PM

He's an FSU guy, what can you say

more cowbell
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
yeah we should trade for kolb and rely demetrius bell and cornell green to hold down the ends and see what happens...

(sarcasm)

Thurmal
03-18-2010, 09:17 PM
The biggest need is, BY FAR, o-line. If we had a lights-out line, we could start Fitzpatrick and just pound the ball with Lynch/Jackson and win nine games.

TrEd FTW
03-18-2010, 09:41 PM
There is a lot of irony in saying the Bills need a legit QB and then suggesting they trade for Vick.

DMBcrew36
03-18-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm surprised they'd even waste time talking about Buffalo - they haven't been an NFL caliber team for years now.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-18-2010, 09:45 PM
and I thought I was the only one who thought that way haha

Nope, I'm there too.

SirMcGee
03-18-2010, 11:39 PM
The fact that HE thinks the Bills should take Spiller here verifies the fact that it would be a HORRIBLE pick at 9.

TrEd FTW
03-19-2010, 12:45 AM
The fact that HE thinks the Bills should take Spiller here verifies the fact that it would be a HORRIBLE pick at 9.

How so? I like Charles Davis.

BertSquirtgum
03-19-2010, 01:13 AM
i like jamie dukes. that being said this team isn't going anywhere this year and i do not think they should be drafting a qb at nine. i despise trent edwards but won't mind seeing him play again under a real coaching staff and maybe they can fix what was broken.

bosshogg21
03-19-2010, 01:17 AM
The fact that they say cj spiller make me think that they have half a brain. Besides crybaby Dez
bryant he is the only true playmaker in the draft. That's my pick at 9. Ink it.

Buffalogic
03-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Jamie Dukes is weak, but Canfora and Bucky Brooks are nerds that don't even know what they are talking about.

I like Lombardi best and Woodson is good too. TD is really good too. And Eisen of course a great host.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2010, 02:12 AM
if clausen is there i think they will take him, if not they will take graham or morgan...

SeatownBillsFan21
03-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Draft a Fing PLAYMAKER because this team has none. i would be good with Spiller at 9. if not trade down and draft o line but we do need playmakers this team is sooo boring i cant stand to even look anymore

BuffaloBlitz83
03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
Draft Spiller and trade Jackson for a 3rd

SeatownBillsFan21
03-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Now your talking ^

tampabay25690
03-19-2010, 05:32 AM

So you dont want a playmaker???
yea I know we need other areas but YOU NEVER pass up talent and Spiller may have that Special touch. This is Lynch's final year so we need to look at that.

Don't Panic
03-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Spiller is great, but we have no need there. How can a team with needs at DT, OT, LB, WR and QB draft a RB top 10 when we have two guys who have pro ven they can get the job done currently under contract? It don't say trade Jackson or Lynch... I don't want to get a 3rd rounder in return for the #9 pick overall, even if it is an upgrade at the position.

Night Train
03-19-2010, 06:48 AM
I still want a LT or Front 7 Defensive player.

You solidify the foundation before you put in the track lighting.

better days
03-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Jamie Dukes is weak, but Canfora and Bucky Brooks are nerds that don't even know what they are talking about.

I like Lombardi best and Woodson is good too. TD is really good too. And Eisen of course a great host.

I dislike Dukes but I hate Eisen the most on that show. Talk about an arrogant ass. I wish could puch that stupid smirk off his face. Mike Mayock is the best person on NFL Network IMO.

Throne Logic
03-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Draft a Fing PLAYMAKER because this team has none. i would be good with Spiller at 9. if not trade down and draft o line but we do need playmakers this team is sooo boring i cant stand to even look anymore

Playmakers can't do their thing without an OLine to let them get the ball before being tackled...

Throne Logic
03-19-2010, 08:05 AM
So, you trade the only consistent playmaker this team has for a third round gamble. Then you draft another gamble at #9 and pay him twice what Jackson is making.

Wow. Just wow.

better days
03-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I still want a LT or Front 7 Defensive player.

You solidify the foundation before you put in the track lighting.

If one of the TOP LT's or DL players are there at #9, I agree but it would be better to draft Spiller than a lesser player IMO.

Mahdi
03-19-2010, 09:09 AM
So, you trade the only consistent playmaker this team has for a third round gamble. Then you draft another gamble at #9 and pay him twice what Jackson is making.

Wow. Just wow.
That's where you're wrong..."consistent playmaker" Jackson is not a playmaker, he is a consistent RB. Huge difference.

Jackson is perfect for a team like the Pats or Colts that want a utility player that can do it all and do it consistently. Compliment to a dominant QB.

We do not have a dominant QB and won't have that for another 2 years at least. Getting a guy like Spiller to provide playmaking from a hand-off is what a young QB needs.

Jackson will give a young QB 4 yards even every time and then by the time we get to the opponent's 30-35 yard line it's FG or punt. We need someone that will give the offense a spark.

Spiller could be that guy.

Jan Reimers
03-19-2010, 09:28 AM
They went to Charles Davis and he says that they should take C.J. Spiller at 9 if he is there.
We really need a running back. To Hell with DE, NT, LT, QB, WR and LB.

Mahdi
03-19-2010, 09:37 AM
We really need a running back. To Hell with DE, NT, LT, QB, WR and LB.
There are 7 more picks after the first round.

SirMcGee
03-19-2010, 09:43 AM
There are 7 more picks after the first round.

So the talent level will be the same in Rounds 5, 6, and 7 compared to that in the top 10? OK chief.

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2010, 04:36 PM
We have so many needs, just draft best available player on the board and go from there. If it's at a luxury position so be it. Minnesota drafted Adrian Peterson when they had a very solid Chester Taylor at the time best they just couldn't resist the best player on the board. And look what happened since.

SirMcGee
03-19-2010, 04:41 PM
So you dont want a playmaker???
yea I know we need other areas but YOU NEVER pass up talent and Spiller may have that Special touch. This is Lynch's final year so we need to look at that.

I want a playmaker that fills a NEED. IF we take an offensive playmaker, then i want Dez Bryant. He's a playmaker that fills a NEED. RB's are a dime a dozen. You can get GOOD/GREAT RB's in rounds 3 and 4. Marion Barber, Shonn Greene, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Tashard Choice, Justin Forsett, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jerome Harrison, Leon Washington, Frank Gore, Darren Sproles, Michael Turner, all came in the later rounds.
RB can wait.

ZAZusmc03
03-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Seriously, If we want to use our 1st round pick on a RB, I say grab Ryan Mathews of Fresno State while you can.

T-Long
03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I am of the belief that you take the best player available on your board, especially if you are a team like the Bills who need to get MUCH better to contend with the big boys.

SABURZFAN
03-20-2010, 09:11 AM

i'd rather see them trade Lynch.

kernowboy
03-20-2010, 11:53 AM
You hope Russell Okung falls to No9

but in all likelihood you think of Bulaga but if he's gone

you look at Trent Williams or Bryan Campbell.

With both the Seahawks and the 49ers needing OTs as well as a number of teams ahead of us, we MUST MUST MUST sort out the LT position once and for all.

If we go QB with some numpty LT, and that QB needs to see a lot of the ball in pre-season then he'll start the 2010 season on IR without a proper elite LT.

If you go OLB like Graham or Morgan, they'll be exhausted and totally knackered by Week5 as our offence won't be able to keep the defence off the field.

Without a LT, I predict on average our offence will see the ball for less than 20mins each game.

nateodoms'bff
03-20-2010, 12:42 PM

finally, someone is talking some sense around here.

ill never understand the love for fred jackson. he is getting older (i think 29 this year), he is a GOOD running back, but not nearly as elite as everyone here seems to think. Drafting Spiller makes sense. A 1-2 punch of Lynch and Spiller in Gailey's offense, and this team could be at least competitive offensively. Adding Cody in the 2nd, and all of a sudden this team doesnt look so bad.

Thief
03-20-2010, 01:05 PM
finally, someone is talking some sense around here.

ill never understand the love for fred jackson. he is getting older (i think 29 this year), he is a GOOD running back, but not nearly as elite as everyone here seems to think. Drafting Spiller makes sense. A 1-2 punch of Lynch and Spiller in Gailey's offense, and this team could be at least competitive offensively. Adding Cody in the 2nd, and all of a sudden this team doesnt look so bad.So... you want to trade a "GOOD" starting player for a crap shoot third round pic? Huh?

Don't Panic
03-20-2010, 01:15 PM
You hope Russell Okung falls to No9

but in all likelihood you think of Bulaga but if he's gone

you look at Trent Williams or Bryan Campbell.

With both the Seahawks and the 49ers needing OTs as well as a number of teams ahead of us, we MUST MUST MUST sort out the LT position once and for all.

If we go QB with some numpty LT, and that QB needs to see a lot of the ball in pre-season then he'll start the 2010 season on IR without a proper elite LT.

If you go OLB like Graham or Morgan, they'll be exhausted and totally knackered by Week5 as our offence won't be able to keep the defence off the field.

Without a LT, I predict on average our offence will see the ball for less than 20mins each game.

Good posting... question for you though - who do you take at #9 if Campbell, Trent Williams and Dan Williams are the two best fits left on the board?

DraftBoy
03-20-2010, 01:18 PM
On Dukes...before he got his NFLN gig he was on local sports radio here. He is a smart guy who knows his stuff but he is a little egotistical at times.

Imo, Charles Davis is the beat analyst they have. He can do it all whether is game day breakdown, draft priming, or talking about team needs. Great analyst.

Spiller is a great pick for this team. Especially in a deep draft where you could get a starter as deep as Round 4.