PDA

View Full Version : Paul Gaustad

OpIv37
03-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Now, I have to caveat this comment with saying that I didn't see the whole game, so I can't comment directly on his performance. But I have to say this:

It's not a coincidence that we lost 3 in a row while he was out, then won as soon as he came back. The same thing happened when he got hurt early in the season. The guy goes 100% every shift, doesn't back down from contact, and wins face offs. His energy seems to feed the team.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him wearing the C or at least the A sometime soon.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Now, I have to caveat this comment with saying that I didn't see the whole game, so I can't comment directly on his performance. But I have to say this:

It's not a coincidence that we lost 3 in a row while he was out, then won as soon as he came back. The same thing happened when he got hurt early in the season. The guy goes 100% every shift, doesn't back down from contact, and wins face offs. His energy seems to feed the team.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him wearing the C or at least the A sometime soon.

He does wear the 'A' aready.

I suspect he will be captain next year or the year after, once Rivet is gone.

rbochan
03-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Wait... OP started a thread that isn't *****ing?

:P

OpIv37
03-19-2010, 08:34 AM
It would surprise me to see Rivet remain captain. His performance has been lackluster and he doesn't stand up for his teammates the way he should.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2010, 08:36 AM
It would surprise me to see Rivet remain captain. His performance has been lackluster and he doesn't stand up for his teammates the way he should.

Agree on part 1.

Totally disagree on part 2. He did last night and has done so more than once this year. Hell, he even took an instigator last night.

OpIv37
03-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Agree on part 1.

Totally disagree on part 2. He did last night and has done so more than once this year. Hell, he even took an instigator last night.

that was obviously in the part of the game that I missed.

RockStar36
03-19-2010, 09:03 AM
I said it when it happened, but the minute Rivet fought, the game was Buffalo's.

It isn't a coincidence. The captain stood up for a teammate, took the extra 2 and a 10 minute misconduct...didn't matter.

It's those little things. When the Sabres do them, they are really good. The problem is they don't do it very often.

rbochan
03-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I said it when it happened, but the minute Rivet fought, the game was Buffalo's.

It isn't a coincidence. The captain stood up for a teammate, took the extra 2 and a 10 minute misconduct...didn't matter.

It's those little things. When the Sabres do them, they are really good. The problem is they don't do it very often.
No Rivet and Butler = 4 SOG against.
Go figure.

G Wolly
03-19-2010, 11:00 AM
That's why Goose has been my favorite for a long time.

chernobylwraiths
03-19-2010, 11:01 AM
No Rivet and Butler = 4 SOG against.
Go figure.

Maybe they played a little inspired seeing their captain go after someone?

chernobylwraiths
03-19-2010, 11:02 AM

Mine too. I wish he could fight a little better, but at least he has no problem dropping them.

OpIv37
03-19-2010, 11:24 AM

I've been a big fan ever since 2006, when Ovechkin sent Briere head-first into the boards as Briere was going off on a change.

I was at the game, and Gaustad dropped the gloves and pounced on Ovechkin before Ovechkin even knew what was coming. All hell broke loose- it was great.