PDA

View Full Version : McShay has no 2nd rd QBs

madness
03-19-2010, 08:39 AM
McShay has no 2nd rd QBs (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/18/mcshay-has-no-2nd-rd-qbs/)

By Chris Brown - Posted March 18th, 2010
The quarterback class in the 2010 has been described as “thin” by many so called draft experts. ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay took that characterization a step further when asked what could be available in round two after Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen are off the board.
“First of all I have Bradford rated fifth overall and I have Clausen rated 36th on my board, which I understand is lower than most,” said McShay. “Even if you consider him a first rounder I don’t have another quarterback with a second round grade in this class. They’re the only two players, Bradford and Clausen, that I have with grades in the first two rounds.”
“I think Colt McCoy, as much as I love him and his competitiveness, I think he’s overrated. I think he’s going to have a big, big shock to the system when he gets to the next level. I don’t think Tebow is worth a second-round pick. I don’t think (Tony) Pike or anyone else in this class is worth a second-round pick.”
Now that’s only one analyst’s opinion, but ”thin” has been used by more than one draft analyst when describing the QB class. That doesn’t mean there isn’t good value in rounds 3 or 4, but when it comes to what the Bills might do in rounds one and two, quarterback is looking less and less like it will be in the cards, unless Clausen is still on the board at nine.
McShay went on to say that in rounds one and two you’re aim is to draft players that can start for you right away or at some point in their rookie season. That’s primarily why he doesn’t have Tebow as a worthwhile choice in the first two rounds. He believes he needs time to develop and would be a better value in rounds 3 or 4.

madness
03-19-2010, 08:40 AM
I couldn't agree more. I'm not doubting Tebow's possible future, I just don't think he's worth a 2nd rounder at this point.

Static
03-19-2010, 08:44 AM
OMG!!! What will the Dolphins do with their 2nd round pick then???? It has been tradition the past few years :ill:

feldspar
03-19-2010, 02:55 PM
OMG!!! What will the Dolphins do with their 2nd round pick then???? It has been tradition the past few years :ill:

Actually, the Dolphins have used a second round pick at the QB position for the past FIVE years running...I think it's been five straight years...not sure if they missed a year or not.

Feeley
Culpepper
Beck
Henne
White

Pretty pathetic, indeed. The best part of it is that they could have had Brees instead of Culpepper.

The Spaz
03-19-2010, 02:55 PM

I heard Eddie Moore will be available!:brilliant:

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2010, 03:05 PM
McShay went on to say that in rounds one and two you’re aim is to draft players that can start for you right away or at some point in their rookie season.
your

better days
03-19-2010, 04:24 PM
McShay has no 2nd rd QBs (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/18/mcshay-has-no-2nd-rd-qbs/)

By Chris Brown - Posted March 18th, 2010
The quarterback class in the 2010 has been described as “thin” by many so called draft experts. ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay took that characterization a step further when asked what could be available in round two after Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen are off the board.
“First of all I have Bradford rated fifth overall and I have Clausen rated 36th on my board, which I understand is lower than most,” said McShay. “Even if you consider him a first rounder I don’t have another quarterback with a second round grade in this class. They’re the only two players, Bradford and Clausen, that I have with grades in the first two rounds.”
“I think Colt McCoy, as much as I love him and his competitiveness, I think he’s overrated. I think he’s going to have a big, big shock to the system when he gets to the next level. I don’t think Tebow is worth a second-round pick. I don’t think (Tony) Pike or anyone else in this class is worth a second-round pick.”
Now that’s only one analyst’s opinion, but ”thin” has been used by more than one draft analyst when describing the QB class. That doesn’t mean there isn’t good value in rounds 3 or 4, but when it comes to what the Bills might do in rounds one and two, quarterback is looking less and less like it will be in the cards, unless Clausen is still on the board at nine.
McShay went on to say that in rounds one and two you’re aim is to draft players that can start for you right away or at some point in their rookie season. That’s primarily why he doesn’t have Tebow as a worthwhile choice in the first two rounds. He believes he needs time to develop and would be a better value in rounds 3 or 4.

The thing is QB's are different than all other positions. Very few come into the NFL ready to play. That means you take a guy that has talent & hope he develops. I think coaching & system play a big role in which QB's become successful in the NFL. Thank God it looks like the Bills finally have a coach that will be able to develop a QB.

patmoran2006
03-19-2010, 05:47 PM
I disagree and think Tebow and possibly McCoy will be 2nd rounders this year..

DraftBoy
03-19-2010, 06:32 PM
I have no 2nd or 3rd Round QBs.