PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft, Thoughts?

ZAZusmc03
03-19-2010, 10:33 AM
1st Rnd- Trent Williams-OT- Oklahoma
2nd Rnd- Terrence Cody-NT- Bama
3rd Rnd- John Skelton-QB- Fordham
4th Rnd- Jason Worilds- DE/OLB- Va Tech

This is how Walterfooball has the mock laid out for us. What is everyones thoughts on this draft?

DraftBoy
03-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Solid mock though he needs to switch Skelton and Worlids. Worlids ran a 4.45ish yesterday at VT Pro Day, and his stock was already rising, that will only help him.

psubills62
03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Skelton does seem a little high, and at this point I still expect Cody to go in the first round. That being said, the draft often goes differently than expected, so if that's what actually happened...I'd be pretty pumped, tbh. Trent Williams isn't my first choice for LT, but if Okung/Bulaga go before we pick, I'd be very happy to get him.

User Manuel
03-19-2010, 10:56 AM

This is how Walterfooball has the mock laid out for us. What is everyones thoughts on this draft?

I would be satisifed with that draft.

The Spaz
03-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Not bad at all although I do agree with DB that Skelton is a little high in the 3rd.

ZAZusmc03
03-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Skelton does seem a little high, and at this point I still expect Cody to go in the first round. That being said, the draft often goes differently than expected, so if that's what actually happened...I'd be pretty pumped, tbh. Trent Williams isn't my first choice for LT, but if Okung/Bulaga go before we pick, I'd be very happy to get him.

In their mock, they have Okung gone at #2, Bulaga at #5, and Campbell to the Raiders at #8. They also have Bradford going 1st overall and Clausen taken #4.

psubills62
03-19-2010, 11:49 AM
In their mock, they have Okung gone at #2, Bulaga at #5, and Campbell to the Raiders at #8. They also have Bradford going 1st overall and Clausen taken #4.

I figured...most mocks that have us taking Williams also have Bulaga going before #9. Otherwise, they have us taking Bulaga. Thanks for summarizing!

ZAZusmc03
03-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I figured...most mocks that have us taking Williams also have Bulaga going before #9. Otherwise, they have us taking Bulaga. Thanks for summarizing!

No problem, easier than everyone having to go to the site to check for themselves.

As far as where I would be if the draft worked like that, or the switch of Skelton/Worilds, I'd be fairly happy. Only thing I would be on the fence about would be settling for Williams. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. It is a glaring need, but I hate to see us take a 3rd or 4th best OT with our first pick.

psubills62
03-19-2010, 12:41 PM
No problem, easier than everyone having to go to the site to check for themselves.

As far as where I would be if the draft worked like that, or the switch of Skelton/Worilds, I'd be fairly happy. Only thing I would be on the fence about would be settling for Williams. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. It is a glaring need, but I hate to see us take a 3rd or 4th best OT with our first pick.

Yeah, but Williams is a legitimate top 15 prospect in his own right, regardless of whether he's the 3rd or 4th best OT (I wouldn't put Campbell in front of him at all, though). Williams is a very talented OT who is a very good run blocker and has the athleticism to solidify the LT position for a long time. IMO it would be worth it to take him.

ZAZusmc03
03-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, but Williams is a legitimate top 15 prospect in his own right, regardless of whether he's the 3rd or 4th best OT (I wouldn't put Campbell in front of him at all, though). Williams is a very talented OT who is a very good run blocker and has the athleticism to solidify the LT position for a long time. IMO it would be worth it to take him.

Yeah, Being on the fence is me, more or less, being unaware of his strengths and weaknesses. Him being a solid run blocker would be nice for a smash-mouth offense. Expecially with the fa signing of Green. With Hangman, Wood, and Levitre in the middle and too solid run blocking tackles, I wouldnt be upset at all. I just want the Bills to be a smash mouth running team, allowing us to win the games on the ground, with the occational help from a QB.

PECKERWOOD
03-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Two Williams' that I like, Dan & Trent, both are going to be fantastic football players.

X-Era
03-22-2010, 04:55 AM

So, I don't mind Skelton and I like his arm, but I really think he may go undrafted. I'm not a big Worlids fan, hes just too light weight. Cody and Williams picks make sense. But, id rather have Bulaga at 9, and Linval Joseph in round 3 or 4.

Im also a fan of McCoy or LeFevour in round 2.