PDA

View Full Version : Who should start ar LT?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2010, 08:07 PM
WAIT FOR POLL?

Mr. Pink
03-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Where's the neither option?

JCBills
03-19-2010, 09:16 PM
LOL how are people voting Bell?!

JCBills
03-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Meredith Vs. Bell 2009:

Jamon Meredith:

8 GP 4 GS

0 Penalties (0 declined)
Snaps: 251
QB Sacks Allowed: 1.5
QB Hits Allowed: 4
QB Pressured: 1

Demetrius Bell:

8 GP 8 GS

8 Penalties (+2 declined)
Snaps: 472
QB Sacks Allowed: 5
QB Hits Allowed: 7
QB Pressured: 18

Yeah, Bell saw more time at LT, but he was awful.

tampabay25690
03-19-2010, 09:31 PM
LOL how are people voting Bell?!
Cant go over last year stats..

JCBills
03-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Cant go over last year stats..

So if we can't judge players by field performance, then what are we looking at them through, hope and good feelings?

Don't Panic
03-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Can Meredith be our starting LT this year? Does he have what it takes? Can Bell?

JCBills
03-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Can Meredith be our starting LT this year? Does he have what it takes? Can Bell?
Meredith is an exceptional athlete. Long arms, good feet, blocks well at the second level, impressive strength. Very strong combine performance, projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder but fell, a lot of people had him as a top 5 OT prospect last season. He played well in limited time. Call me crazy but he'll make a serious push for the position next season.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2010, 10:01 PM
i dont think those stats are fair to bell. he was hurt for most of the time.. i think bell will start, but meredith has the talent and power to be a starting lt... id be happy with either starting. all we really need from the draft is solid depth...

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
i have the bills taking ot kyle calloway who can play anywhere but center in the 3rd round...

JCBills
03-19-2010, 10:04 PM
i dont think those stats are fair to bell. he was hurt for most of the time.. i think bell will start, but meredith has the talent and power to be a starting lt... id be happy with either starting. all we really need from the draft is solid depth...

Everyone plays hurt. There is a difference between hurt and injured.

I just don't see NFL toughness in Bell. Football is too new to him.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-19-2010, 10:06 PM
i agree that meredith is more mature and ready, but bell has more upside, i think last year gave him solid experience. either one is capable of holding down the left side, imo.. like i said, i have the bills getting more depth and competition with kyle calloway in the 3rd...

NOT THE DUDE...
plus we will run the **** out of the ball this year, so pass protection wont be as big of a need.....

JCBills
i have the bills taking ot kyle calloway who can play anywhere but center in the 3rd round...

Reach and probably not an NFL LT.

JCBills
03-19-2010, 10:09 PM
i agree that meredith is more mature and ready, but bell has more upside, i think last year gave him solid experience. either one is capable of holding down the left side, imo.. like i said, i have the bills getting more depth and competition with kyle calloway in the 3rd...

Meredith is every bit if not more of an athlete than Bell considering he's shown he's more capable of controlling the link between freakish body and mind with greater success.

JCBills
03-19-2010, 10:10 PM
plus we will run the **** out of the ball this year, so pass protection wont be as big of a need.....
Not a very strong point. You don't want that much pressure coming from the weak side regardless of the type of offense, and we don't know what they'll do.

Don't Panic
03-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Meredith is an exceptional athlete. Long arms, good feet, blocks well at the second level, impressive strength. Very strong combine performance, projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder but fell, a lot of people had him as a top 5 OT prospect last season. He played well in limited time. Call me crazy but he'll make a serious push for the position next season.

I think I see Meredith as more of a RT when it's all said and done. I know he's played some LT, but I just think RT is a natural fit. I would love to get a vet for two years to start at LT and give Bell and Meredith time to grow into starters rather than be forced into it. I feel they could eventually be our bookends, but not this year.

JCBills
03-19-2010, 10:51 PM
I think I see Meredith as more of a RT when it's all said and done. I know he's played some LT, but I just think RT is a natural fit. I would love to get a vet for two years to start at LT and give Bell and Meredith time to grow into starters rather than be forced into it. I feel they could eventually be our bookends, but not this year.
I just don't see any reason to see him as more of an RT. You would usually want your RT a little bigger. Not many RT-only prospects are athletic enough to put down a 5.03 40. That's a big man that can move lol.

TigerJ
03-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Based on last season, Jamon Meredith. If I were to gamble, I would bet on neither, but the draft, training camp and preseason are going to have a hugeinfluence on the coach's decision.

PECKERWOOD
03-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Jared Veldheer, 2nd round, that's who.

kernowboy
03-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Our No1 Round 1 2010 draft pick

Jan Reimers
03-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Why do people post nonsensical polls? It's like asking who will be our starting NT, Kyle Williams, Lonnie Harvey, or a tree trunk?

kernowboy
03-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Tony Washington, Abilene Christian

Has a character flag because he reportedly had consensual sex with his biological 15-year-old sister when he was 16. As Borat would say, "Let's make sexy time!"

You won't get nastier than that LOL

SABURZFAN
03-20-2010, 08:33 AM
is this Mitchell starting this thread?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2010, 08:33 AM
i repeat, we are not, we are not tacking a LT with our first pick...

Jan Reimers
03-20-2010, 08:38 AM
i repeat, we are not, we are not tacking a LT with our first pick...
So, even if your statement is correct, does that mean our only choices at LT will be Bell and Meredith?

ddaryl
03-20-2010, 08:41 AM

LMFAO :roflmao: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

we're still going to pass at least 45% of the time. Otherwise teams will stack the box against us

SABURZFAN
03-20-2010, 08:43 AM
So, even if your statement is correct, does that mean our only choices at LT will be Bell and Meredith?

he'll just start another thread when he gets an idea.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2010, 08:47 AM
we are not passing up on brandon graham to take a trent williams or anthony davis. even if bulaga or okung were on the board... im confident bell will do well....

kernowboy
03-20-2010, 11:42 AM
we are not passing up on brandon graham to take a trent williams or anthony davis. even if bulaga or okung were on the board... im confident bell will do well....

there's nothing quite like completely misguided confidence.

Buddy Nix is on record as saying pass protection as being absolutely essential

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Meredith Vs. Bell 2009:

Jamon Meredith:

8 GP 4 GS

0 Penalties (0 declined)

Demetrius Bell:

8 GP 8 GS

Meredith saw 0 time at LT.

Don't Panic
03-20-2010, 01:17 PM

Has a character flag because he reportedly had consensual sex with his biological 15-year-old sister when he was 16. As Borat would say, "Let's make sexy time!"

Wow... incest and Christian school in the same post. The irony...

JCBills
03-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Wrong, he started the final game at LT.

JCBills
03-20-2010, 02:38 PM

I don't know what the confidence is based on though. It's blind. There is literally no reason anyone should think Bell is going to be anything decent.

JCBills
03-20-2010, 08:10 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/09000d5d815740f4/WK-17-Fred-Jackson-highlights

Yes I know it's mostly backups.

Meredith also had strong performances at RT both games against the Jets, seeing 80 snaps the first time, only allowing a half-sack and one QB hit between both games.

He played 57 snaps against Carolina at RT, primarily matched up against Julius Peppers (probably trying to exploit the matchup), playing well for a rookie. He gave up 1 sack and allowed one QB pressure from Peppers, but kept him quiet for most of the game.

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey I liked what I saw out of Meredith, and I didn't remember him starting there for the last game, which was a glorified Preseason game BTW. I say give them both a chance and the best man wins. This is provided we don't got LT high in the draft....

JCBills
03-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey I liked what I saw out of Meredith, and I didn't remember him starting there for the last game, which was a glorified Preseason game BTW. I say give them both a chance and the best man wins. This is provided we don't got LT high in the draft....

Yeah, I know it was basically a junk time game. I just think Nix & Co. could see enough potential in him to maybe not go with a tackle in the first round. I'm actually hoping they look OT in the 2nd-3rd, but with the D getting a full shakeup, we have massive needs there.

kernowboy
03-21-2010, 07:38 AM
If we can look at getting Lynch to the Chargers for their R2 (fingers crossed) then I can see the following

R1 LT
R2 NT or OLB (like Cody or Jerry Hughes)
R2 OLB or NT (like Sapp or Cam Thomas/Linval Joseph)
R3 BPA

Beebe's Kid
03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Meredith Vs. Bell 2009:

Jamon Meredith:

8 GP 4 GS

0 Penalties (0 declined)

Demetrius Bell:

8 GP 8 GS

Wow. I didn't realize it was that bad. I knew the penalties were an issue, but this kind of makes this question easy to answer.

Although Meredith came from a practice squad, correct? Bell is the son of Karl Malone. So, that would make Bell the easy pick.

It would be great if Buddy and Chan think that Meredith can play LT, and we don't have to burn a premium draft pick on the position.

I would love to grab Spiller or Bryant. I was big on the McClain thing, but I feel like the defense is taking shape, and we have bigger needs.

Beebe's Kid
03-21-2010, 11:00 AM

I have an issue with Mr. Washington.

I had read on TBD that he was a registered sex offender. How can he be a registered sex offender for having consensual sex with a 15 year old, when he was 16? I understand it was his sister, and that is what it is, but to be labeled a registered sex offender is a life long mark. It is modern day version of the scarlet letter. Everybody knows.

I am not condoning his incestual activities, but would like to point out that he is, what, 22-23 years old, which puts this "incident" 7 years in the past. Also, *******s don't sleep with their sisters. No, that is saved for people with real issues. Now, if this guy has sought counseling and has reformed, how do you think it feels to be him today? From what I am to understand he may be on of the top 3 LT talents in the draft, so there is no doubt he will have to live through a complete ****storm again.

Ok, moving past his interfamilial fornication, I want to ask, what effect would you suspect hearing about his sister in every opposing city from now until he retires would have on his psyche? I feel this would be worth considering before taking this guy.

HHURRICANE
03-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Bell proved to me that he might not even be an NFL backup. This poll is like asking me if I like crap or vomit better.

JCBills
03-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow. I didn't realize it was that bad. I knew the penalties were an issue, but this kind of makes this question easy to answer.

Although Meredith came from a practice squad, correct? Bell is the son of Karl Malone. So, that would make Bell the easy pick.

It would be great if Buddy and Chan think that Meredith can play LT, and we don't have to burn a premium draft pick on the position.

I would love to grab Spiller or Bryant. I was big on the McClain thing, but I feel like the defense is taking shape, and we have bigger needs.

This is why I don't understand why anyone is voting Bell. The information is right there, and anyone who watched games and didn't just follow the ball saw that he was flat out awful.

Yeah, Meredith was on GB's practice squad, we picked him up a few weeks into the season. He played well for us from the start, better than any OT on our roster that saw significant playing time. He was considered a top 5 OT prospect in last year's draft. His measurables are just about what you want, 6'5'' 304 Lbs - 34 1/2 Inch arms with 10 inch hands, I try not to invest too much into combine performances, but those numbers paired with his field play screams NFL LT athleticism to me.

I'm still looking for them to take an OT, but hopefully in the 2nd, there should be good value there.

The defense is starting to take shape, but we still have holes at LOLB and NT with depth and future starters needed across the entire front 7.