X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plundar
    • Mar 2006

Bills set to meet with Spiller.

Most mock drafts we have seen lately have him going to us at 9...

Nearly three years after the Buffalo Bills added running back Marshawn Lynch in the first round of the NFL draft, the Bills could be considering a return visit to the position in 2010.
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Bills set to meet with Spiller.

Originally posted by plundar

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-cj-spiller/
    I'm a big fan, not only because the running game is supposed to be the biggest part of our offense...but then we would have 3 very unique running backs that many teams would covet and you can get more out of a trade than 1 draft pick

Plus, this opens up the offense even more because teams will be VERY concerned about our running game and even if the O-line was somewhat weak...with three studs running the ball defenses will get worn down easily

I'm a BIG fan of Spiller at 9 although I think Clausen could prevent that from coming to fruition

Comment

• sven233
      • Mar 2005

Until we get a Qb that can beat the 8 in the box that defenses will put out there against our run game, you could have any RBs you want and you won't be successful. I am not saying we need an all-pro QB this year, but we need someone that can hit the intermediate route in the middle of the field (15-25 yards) on a regular basis. If we don't get that, defenses will stack the box and once again our offense will average 17 points or so. We need a QB that can keep a defense honest. Not sure we have that yet.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sven233
        Until we get a Qb that can beat the 8 in the box that defenses will put out there against our run game, you could have any RBs you want and you won't be successful. I am not saying we need an all-pro QB this year, but we need someone that can hit the intermediate route in the middle of the field (15-25 yards) on a regular basis. If we don't get that, defenses will stack the box and once again our offense will average 17 points or so. We need a QB that can keep a defense honest. Not sure we have that yet.
        Trent Edwards can do that with the right coaching and even if you don't think so
        look at the Jets....they had at least 3 stud RBs with a ****ty QB and all went well

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
          Trent Edwards can do that with the right coaching and even if you don't think so
          look at the Jets....they had at least 3 stud RBs with a ****ty QB and all went well
          Edwards sucks

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Good to see. Spiller is more than just a dynamic RB he is an excellent receiver who can play in the slot, he is one of the most dangerous return men, and he can also run the wildcat. He is a more polished runner than Bush but just as dangerous.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• plundar
              • Mar 2006

If the Bills did take Spiller I would hope that they would trade one of the RB's we have now to secure a serious position of need. They desperately need a LT. I think a NT can be found later in the draft. Maybe Trent with better coaching can be better. DJ couldn't of groomed Elway if he was on the team.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Pure trade leverage move.

Showing genuine interest in Spiller could entice a team to move up in our spot to grab him.

Such as SF, Seattle, etc.

I'd be ESTATIC if we could move down a little from 9.. A guy like Spiller that some teams crave picking after us could make that happen.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
                  • Jan 2010

The only reason teams want him is because of his speed which is like chris johnson, but to me he is just another reggie bush
                  “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by plundar

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-cj-spiller/
                    ive seen very few with him going to us at 9..

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Good to see. Spiller is more than just a dynamic RB he is an excellent receiver who can play in the slot, he is one of the most dangerous return men, and he can also run the wildcat. He is a more polished runner than Bush but just as dangerous.
                      ill be honest i would puke if we drafted a RB with the first pick and all the holes we have, but ill play along...what impact players could we get at LT, LB or DT in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds?

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Scout's muncher has 38 mocks....Spiller isn't mentioned among the top 4, and looks like he could be the choice in a maximum of 2.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Actually, PFT is the only mock of the 38 that has us taking Spiller.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by buffalobillsfan95
                            The only reason teams want him is because of his speed which is like chris johnson, but to me he is just another reggie bush
                            I don't think his speed is anywhere near Chris Johnson (who's is ?) but his open field cuts that make people miss is what sets him apart from the pack. Makes very quick decisions and never hesitates. Still

Like DB says, his amazing versitility equals more touches and you want guys like this with their hands on the ball.

I'd be more comfortable with the pick if more could be done, prior to draft day.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                              • Feb 2009

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Watch specifically at 1:28
                              "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

Working...
                              X