PDA

View Full Version : Torres benched, Stafford in

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-20-2010, 06:21 PM
NHL Network

in a late scratch for the Buffalo Sabres,

Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff has decided to scratch Raffi Torres and replace him with Drew Stafford.

Stafford has missed five games with a groin injury.

DMBcrew36
03-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Works for me... let Torres watch, clear his head... let Staff come in and see if he can get something going.

The message to all players should be, and may be: if you aren't playing your a$$ off, I'm putting you in the box and bringing in the other guy.

YardRat
03-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Nice...we made a deadline trade for a healthy scratch :sad:

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Torres is injured, not a healthy scratch.

Get a clue.

YardRat
03-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Torres is injured, not a healthy scratch.

Get a clue.

My bad....I'll retract my previous comment.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2010, 09:46 PM
My bad....I'll retract my previous comment.

That was not directed towards you.

You did not put the info out there and do not mislead this forum on a consistent basis.

clumping platelets
03-20-2010, 10:20 PM
I was actually impressed by Kennedy tonight. I want to see more of that

G Wolly
03-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Torres hasn't impressed me since his first game here

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Torres should be benched for this:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3823/torresh.jpg (http://img524.imageshack.us/i/torresh.jpg/)

tampabay25690
03-21-2010, 07:49 AM
I was actually impressed by Kennedy tonight. I want to see more of that

1 thing about Kennedy he was a center all threw college and high school he is making that transition to winger. Thats 1 reason Lindy changed the lines up a bit....

The thing about Torres he is still trying to get into SABRES shape. Coming to B-LO he was use to a different style of play in Columbus so he was not ready for the style Buffalo plays. This will take a bit of time thats why his shifts are a bit shorter....

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-21-2010, 09:12 AM
The thing about Torres he is still trying to get into SABRES shape. Coming to B-LO he was use to a different style of play in Columbus so he was not ready for the style Buffalo plays. This will take a bit of time thats why his shifts are a bit shorter....

With all due respect, I think this is BS. You don't need a system to score goals or at least make some sort of contribution. Hopefully he is a gamer come playoff time.

tampabay25690
03-21-2010, 09:28 AM
With all due respect, I think this is BS. You don't need a system to score goals or at least make some sort of contribution. Hopefully he is a gamer come playoff time.

Im just telling you what I KNOW right from the Sabres organization themselves...
The only reason Clarke was moved is because there is no room for him here anymore. They have a TON of yoyung forwards in MAINE but just not NHL ready for a whole season. They like Torres I do know that but he is a bit out of shape coming from a whole different system.
By the way Torres is getting shots just not getting in the net.....